Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by crusin240hatch View Post
    where were you for the reg. season??? hell if you count the NLDS the cubs got swept 3-4 times the WHOLE season...

so actually CUBS>BREWERS

and it's not like the brewers even got close to winning the series...wow they won 1 game...this is MLB not the NFL winning one game doesn't mean SH!T
    It means they moved onto a 4th game...and the cubs didn't
    -Tyler

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    And it means that the Cubs got swept by the team in the playoffs with the worst regular season record.

I'll take 1 win over a sweep any day.

so they played one more game....my point is the result was the same.. it's not like the brewers went to 5 games or won the series. when it all comes down to it the cubs and brewers are both eliminated.

and like they always say, it don't matter if the team you're playing had the best or worst record before you play them. all that matters is if the team is hot/slumping at the time....it just so happened the the dodgers were really hot when the cubs had to play them. not to mention the cubs don't really match up well against the dodgers. they had to face 3 RHP in a row with a predominatly right handed line-up. on top of that all the players that were doing good for them (except edmonds and fontenot) were all right handed also.

The brewers on the other hand have a few power lefties that come up against a power righty (something the cubs don't have)

on a side note: the cubs have EVERY player on their MLB roster (except dempster and wood, but ownership has expresed that they would like to resign both of them) is either on contract for next year, or have a club option for next year (and i don't see them not picking any of them up).....i don't know bout the brewers but that means the cubs should be just as good next year. To me the only thing the cubs need to do is either sign a power left handed bat or trade away someone for a power left handed bat.....and even if they for some reason don't resign wood they got marmol and samardzja coming back to set-up and close if needed
    Last edited by flyin_blue_egg; 10-05-2008 at 04:20 PM.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

The Cubs will sign Prince Fielder for next year.....

Well the Cubs are in a lot better shape than the Brewer's for next year, that's for sure.

Where da pitching at?

Sabathia is almost 100% gone, Sheets is most likely gone, and the rest are either Meh or name Jeff Supan.
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    The Cubs will sign Prince Fielder for next year.....

i don't want prince....i'll take a gold glove 1B over a 1B that will hit 40+ HR, not to mention Lee has to pop to hit 20-30HR
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

I like how people have to talk about other teams failures, to feel better about thier own teams failures.

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    I like how people have to talk about other teams failures, to feel better about thier own teams failures.
    Yeah well....the Lions suck!
    -Tyler