Thread: Old Cell phones

Old Cell phones

I have come across a couple of old Cell phones I am not using anymore. Is there anything special that needs to be done before I could put them on Ebay or in the classifieds here. I have never sold anything like this before, and would want to be sure that there are no issues in reactivating these phones if someone were to buy them? Mods I hope this question is ok here, if it should be someplace different please move as necessary.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

I may have asked this the wrong way. This was not meant to be a for sale ad.

I mostly want to know if I need to call the former carriers and clear the serial numbers from my old accounts or not. I noticed on Ebay that some say Cleared IMEI numbers etc.. Also trying to figure out if I should include the SIM Card or not or if there is anyway to delete them.

Sorry for any confusion And I Hope this makes sense. Maybe Im worried about nothing I just wouldn't even want to sell something that could cause the new owners a problem.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

Ol' School
    worried about nothing. If your phone uses a sim card there is really no reason to clear the imei/esn from the account. Dont include a sim with the phone as someone buying a gsm phone will likely have one already or can get one. Just delete the info off the phones so some jackass isnt calling your family/friends.

Also, if you cant sell the phones for any reason you can take them into any wireless store and donate them to a womens abuse shelter type place. They use them for 911 calls. Even though the phones dont have service they will still call 911

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Cool Thanks Mockin U. I will pull the Sim Before I sell anything then. Just wanted to be sure my bases were covered.

And Being that I am a 911 operator I am all too well aware of Dead Cell phones dialing 911. We must get 20 to 30 prank calls a week from Dead cell phones. How I would wish that everyone would donate to the cause you spoke of instead of leaving them out for their kids to play with. They are great for emergencies just not mixed with also being a toy.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

Ol' School
    ^exactly. we tell parents everyday about this and the look on their face is usually amazement, not knowing the phones would do that. I can imagine the failure rate you guys must see with those type of calls.

But GOD dont let it be the 1 time someone cant talk and needs emergency services. They then blame the operator to no end for not making the call to get them help not realizing if they did this they would send units out and be such a waste everyday. Lose lose battle imo

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

what kinda phones are you looking to sell?
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

I have a Nextel Motorola I850 with the hard plastic holster and Data cable, charger and I might still have instruction books. I also have a USCellular Spec Razr V3c. It has the extended and Regular batteries, a couple cases, data cable, and most likely instructions booklets.

I was gonna make a real FS thread with photos once I found the books.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

oh, okay! was just wondering if you had anything id be interested in. but you don't haha. i hate razors and id need a us cellular phone. but good luck selling them!
    2jz240sx

wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Haha, Thats ok Lizmo somehow I think the Razr will be tough to get rid of. Ive never heard anyone rave over that phone. If it doesn't sell I would just donate it.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

good idea
    2jz240sx

wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03CVLX View Post
    Haha, Thats ok Lizmo somehow I think the Razr will be tough to get rid of. Ive never heard anyone rave over that phone. If it doesn't sell I would just donate it.
    I've had my Razr for over 2 1/2 years and it still works great!! Same with my wife's phone.. maybe we're just lucky?

Yeah, Same with mine. It actually never gave me a single problem. I just upgraded upon my switch to Verizon. Otherwise I would still be using it.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

How much for the US cellular phone? I need one for my sis...

Ok here goes. For the US Cellular RAZR-Included is the following.

1 Razr V3c- Gray
    1 Hard Plastic Motorola belt clip holster
    1 Body Glove scuba case and belt clip(can only be used with the small battery)
    1 Standard battery and correct battery door cover
    1 extended length battery and correct oversize battery door.
    1 Motorola Data cable(software I no longer have it uses Motorola Phone tools)
    Instruction Book, Wall Charger and original Earbud headset(never used)

Asking $75.00 OBO See pics below

2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

Now for the Nextel/Boost Mobile phone. Included is the following.

1 Motorola Iden I850 - decorative cover over earpiece missing Should not affect phone use.
    1 hard Plastic Belt clip holster.
    2 wall chargers
    1 Motorola Data cable
    working on the Instruction books but cant guarantee them at this second.

Asking $50.00 OBO see pics below

2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

Ol' School
    If consumers purchased their razors prior to 2007 they will typically be fine. That year is when every carrier had them and to date and motorola couldnt keep up with volume and quality went to crap

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

I think I went threw 3 Razors...... I like them, other then the hinge tends to wear out (all 3), one the external speaker blew out and then I cracked the outer screen, my buddy (a us cell rep) busted my 2nd one in half, and the last one the outer screen just took a crap after 7 months (one month out of warrenty!).

I now went back to an LG (LG Glimmer UX-830), but for some reason LG's have poor signal in my house (the last 3 motorola's have been fine, along with the samsung) WTF.

'04 PBM GTO, LS1 M6