Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post
    it looks like the econo class is expesive now....just like hard body
    Yeah,not very econo anymore.

Just some slow stock shit! scaleracer's Avatar
    it looks like the econo class is expesive now....just like hard body
    Quote Originally Posted by 79SS View Post
    Yeah,not very econo anymore.
    Yeah I will have to agree with that but you can get one of the $27 motors to go fast.. And it's ALL in the setup! People stick them hard and do other stuff and wonder why they don't run the #.. That's how it works in heads up racing (part of the reason people don't run it because they don't want to pay to keep up)
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2
    4-0 on the street for 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by scaleracer View Post
    Yeah I will have to agree with that but you can get one of the $27 motors to go fast.. And it's ALL in the setup! People stick them hard and do other stuff and wonder why they don't run the #.. That's how it works in heads up racing (part of the reason people don't run it because they don't want to pay to keep up)
    and your telln me hard body is expensive?? dude.. either go back to a bag motor or sealed if yu wana keep prostock... if guys wana go fast for cheaper run an econo motor in hard body......I built a motor per the real prostock rules for someone.... i would be williing to make a twin and come run PS next week.... if you give me ok per the real PS rules.....
    CKSC

and your telln me hard body is expensive?? dude.. either go back to a bag motor or sealed if yu wana keep prostock... if guys wana go fast for cheaper run an econo motor in hard body......I built a motor per the real prostock rules for someone.... i would be williing to make a twin and come run PS next week.... if you give me ok per the real PS rules.....
    I NEVER said Hardbody was expensive.. I don't run it anymore because I built a $200 car to win maybe $5 and tear my car up. We're just trying to make it so if we travel we don't have to change cars and the same for if people come here.. Econo motors and Hardbody motors cost the same if you build them from scratch. Hardbody motors are better since they're not the Chinese arms and you only get 1 cut out of an Econo arm.. I'm not sure what the difference is on the motors your talking about we have old stuff the only thing that changed is the new motors for $50 that are a little better.
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2

I NEVER said Hardbody was expensive.. I don't run it anymore because I built a $200 car to win maybe $5 and tear my car up. We're just trying to make it so if we travel we don't have to change cars and the same for if people come here.. Econo motors and Hardbody motors cost the same if you build them from scratch. Hardbody motors are better since they're not the Chinese arms and you only get 1 cut out of an Econo arm.. I'm not sure what the difference is on the motors your talking about we have old stuff the only thing that changed is the new motors for $50 that are a little better.
    per real rules of pro stock.. you can use any s16d proslot arm .... thats what im reading off my sheet.. that is deamed legal. it doesnt say any thing about china arms ...it justa states replacement arms must be proslot though
    CKSC

per real rules of pro stock.. you can use any s16d proslot arm .... thats what im reading off my sheet.. that is deamed legal. it doesnt say any thing about china arms ...it justa states replacement arms must be proslot though
    I agree with Scottie. Most of you people look over the stupidest things that make the cars fast.
    "Gots to think before you do!"

http://tsshobbies.com/tssrules.doc

Econo Prostock/.
    Body: Any year (1/24th or 1/25th scale) must be of plastic or resin. (No styrene). Body may be lowered, but must maintain two thirds of the front bumper. Body must retain original door lines. Body may not be chopped. Wheel-wells may be enlarged to reflect the pro stock look not to exceed 1-5/16” on 1/25th scale and 1-1/2” on 1/24th scale. No two seat coupes, i.e. Corvettes, Vipers, Prowlers etc. No convertibles. (T-Tops ok). Vehicle must resemble full scale IHRA or NHRA pro-stock vehicles. Body must have original front and rear bumpers as delivered by the factory. Rear bumper/valence may be opened for wheelie bar struts. The portion of the bumper/valence panel between the wheelie bars may be removed. The removed area shall not exceed 1-3/16 by 3/16 inch head lights, parking and tail lights must be retained in stock original factory location but they may be filled and reproduced by decals and or paint.

Diplanes: Prohibited.

Hood Scoop: Must be pro stock style scoop. All cars must have a scoop.

Rear Spoiler: Pro stock style spoiler with spill plates only. Must be chrome or painted to match paint scheme of car. Maximum length is 7/8” measured from mounting point of body to end of spoiler. It cannot be molded into body. Minimum length 1/4th. Spoiler width must be as wide as the deck lid and no wider than the rear fender where attached. Spoiler must attach to the tail end of rear deck no lower than horizontal. Spill plates cannot measure more than 5/16th tall optional.

Chassis: Unlimited, ball bearings allowed. All motors must be mounted in-line only. Wheelie bars must not exceed 5” from center line of rear axle to center line of wheelie bar axle.

Front Wheels: ¾” minimum diameter. As measured from the outside diameter of the tire. The angling of front wheels to allow lowering of front end prohibited. Flat spotting of tires to allow for clearance is prohibited.

Rear Wheels/Tires: Wheel hub diameter 5/8”, tire diameter minimum 1-1/16”. Minimum tire tread width fully contacting track surface (0.500”)

Gearing: 10 tooth pinion, crown gear 54 tooth.

Motor: P.S. 2003, only spring and brushes can be changed. Weight 120grams

NO WHERE ON HERE DOES IT SAY YOU HAVE TO RUN THE "STOCK" CHINESE ARMS!!!!

All I have to say is NOBODY else is running anything different keep what you have because if it isn't chances are it won't pass tech..
    Quote Originally Posted by 70sschev View Post
    I agree with Scottie. Most of you people look over the stupidest things that make the cars fast.
    "Gots to think before you do!"
    We don't look over it your suppossed to run what was in the motor stock.. And the rules you posted aren't the same as ours we don't have a set gearing I didn't read the rest but in those rules it also says "ONLY can the brushes and springs be changed" If you want to run hardbody arms run them in a Hardbody where it's legal.. And rules are set so you do what's on the rule sheet and follow it not what isn't on it..
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2

All I have to say is NOBODY else is running anything different keep what you have because if it isn't chances are it won't pass tech..

We don't look over it your suppossed to run what was in the motor stock.. And the rules you posted aren't the same as ours we don't have a set gearing I didn't read the rest but in those rules it also says "ONLY can the brushes and springs be changed" If you want to run hardbody arms run them in a Hardbody where it's legal.. And rules are set so you do what's on the rule sheet and follow it not what isn't on it..

so if it says said only brushes and spring changes ...then 90% of prostock is illegal??
    CKSC

so if it says said only brushes and spring changes ...then 90% of prostock is illegal??
    There isn't any cars right now running that are illegal. That is what this set of rules says but it isn't the same as our rule sheet.. Just keep stuff the way it is most people aren't gonna put up extra money to go fast. If you want to keep running heads up stuff I wouldn't change anything it will just lose people..
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2

There isn't any cars right now running that are illegal. That is what this set of rules says but it isn't the same as our rule sheet.. Just keep stuff the way it is most people aren't gonna put up extra money to go fast. If you want to keep running heads up stuff I wouldn't change anything it will just lose people..
    you lost alot of PS.... i remember 15-20 cars now 6?? I actuly liked prostock like it was spend 24 bucks and run mid 10s now spend 50 bucks go hi 9s get 20-30 passes

hard body 50 bucks go mid to low 10s and run half to full season on 1 motor
    CKSC

you lost alot of PS.... i remember 15-20 cars now 6?? I actuly liked prostock like it was spend 24 bucks and run mid 10s now spend 50 bucks go hi 9s get 20-30 passes

hard body 50 bucks go mid to low 10s and run half to full season on 1 motor
    We might have hit 15 a couple times that was with guys from Michigan and stuff. The only people that left were Mike, Rich, Rob (had a fast car) and when you weren't there.. Also with real cars coming out people do that instead.. You can still do that and be competitive.. Also I don't rebuild my cars or anything my old motor went consistent 1.040's tired (I only switched because I had 8 back up motors) and this one is tired and running consistent 1.020's almost every pass.. No need to cut, zap, or balance.. I have spare motors if your interested and other motors.. And you can listen to them before you buy them.. Also next week let me set your car up and I will get it to run a better et!
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2

We might have hit 15 a couple times that was with guys from Michigan and stuff. The only people that left were Mike, Rich, Rob (had a fast car) and when you weren't there.. Also with real cars coming out people do that instead.. You can still do that and be competitive.. Also I don't rebuild my cars or anything my old motor went consistent 1.040's tired (I only switched because I had 8 back up motors) and this one is tired and running consistent 1.020's almost every pass.. No need to cut, zap, or balance.. I have spare motors if your interested and other motors.. And you can listen to them before you buy them.. Also next week let me set your car up and I will get it to run a better et!
    I think if i devote a few minutes to my pro stock i wont be far off your pace with a 24.00 motor..if i have the time this week end I'll freshn the motor.. ps my gearing was way off ... it was what ever i had in my box... and it still tickled the tens 12/46... member i had mikys car going 10.20s and 30s when evryone else was 10.50s 60s
    CKSC

I HAD a fast car. I can't complain though, I got almost a year out of that motor and did some damage with it. It was fun times, but I'm still not sure if I want to spend $50 to run that class. Oh well, we'll see what happens next year. Yeah I know, I'm cheap what can I say?

I think if i devote a few minutes to my pro stock i wont be far off your pace with a 24.00 motor..if i have the time this week end I'll freshn the motor.. ps my gearing was way off ... it was what ever i had in my box... and it still tickled the tens 12/46... member i had mikys car going 10.20s and 30s when evryone else was 10.50s 60s
    You can do what you want (that's legal).. We'll see it in tech..
    I HAD a fast car. I can't complain though, I got almost a year out of that motor and did some damage with it. It was fun times, but I'm still not sure if I want to spend $50 to run that class. Oh well, we'll see what happens next year. Yeah I know, I'm cheap what can I say?
    I have motors you can listen to before and a little cheaper..
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2

No more Pro Stock for me this year, I'll get back in that game next fall. I already have a new car in the works. I will defiantly need a new bullet too.

No more Pro Stock for me this year, I'll get back in that game next fall. I already have a new car in the works. I will defiantly need a new bullet too.
    Nice! I sold all of P/s motors yesterday I have my 2 backups left I may get rid for the right price..
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2

Scottie K you missed out tonight! Showed them how I get down with a sponsored Hardbody! 1.015 @ 49 mph! Was a fun night tonight!
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2

We are starting our extra season since people wanted to keep racing! This Tuesday will start our extended 6 week season!
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2

I'm in!