Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    got to up the turbo size to a 76mm. TOO many people running around with those T76 street kits or TC76 on all kinds of vehicles. Mustangs, Camaro's, Supra's, Imports, etc... You'd be killing a WHOLE bunch of possible entries with something that small.

I think that this class would be incredibly big and incredibly fun. ALOT cheaper than anything else going on right now since it won't require the big safety $$$ that faster than 9.99 represents.

But you have to look at what a majority will be running. 351w fords with a simple overbore or an iron block LS1 would be over that 360 limit with the turbo's, and you'll kill alot of people.

I still think limiting a TON of stuff and cid and and kits will really kill ALOT of people who would want to participate. It's still capped, and I don't think anyone will be bringing an 8.90 car to run 10.0's all day long. Although possible just like "True Street" does.

By limiting certain things, like EFI w/ one nozzle... no one is going to want to take a stock intake setup vehicle like a fox body 5.0 or an LT1 or LS1 and run a cam only car and spray a 250 shot through it to try and be competitive enough to have alot of fun. It's gonna hurt things, in a time when you are building a class for the majority of just "normal" folks who don't have room for a $15,000 engine

if you did this, i'd build a car for the class guaranteed

also have to look into aftermarket efi systems. allowed or not allowed? good number of people with DFI on a crate engine from scoggin dickey or whatever that would want to do it too.

if you REALLY want to have fun with it, keep it a 26x10 e.t. street or a 275/60 Drag Radial as the max tire sizes for a 15" wheel. I know it's two different heights, but I bet you'd see a SHIT TON of drag radial cars then. 50lb weight break for nitto's or BFG's, haha

.....the rules i posted were just some rough rules...that i came up with... from a few freinds from the ford world and some old schoolers hahahah
    CKSC

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Scotty this sounds like a great idea! I think youre gonna see huge car counts once this takes off.

its in the works.....
    CKSC

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I have to agree with Chris ,efi needs a single nozzel per cylinder or 2 stage ,you will have less down time due to track clean up ,all in all its a great idea

one of the other things..... the class would be made an assoction

100.00 memeber ship... for the yr...that money goes back to a racers fund

I would be looking for 6 people to help run the class.... tech, lane orginiser, sign up....

PS THIS CLASS WOULD RUN WITH NITROUS STREET CAR BRAWL!!!!!!!....
    CKSC

NO FOGGERS ALLOWED.....IMO!!!????

u can have plate system on a ls1 right??
    CKSC

Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post
    NO FOGGERS ALLOWED.....IMO!!!????

u can have plate system on a ls1 right??
    why not ? It takes a nice size hit to go that quick and its a lot safer than a plate
    Last edited by 2 bad z's; 09-25-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 bad z's View Post
    why not ? It takes a nice size hit to go that quick and its a lot safer than a plate

i know 2 ls1 with foggers that go 8.40s 408ci
    CKSC

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    that's TUFF though scotty. He's got a PLATE on a carb style intake. TOTALLY different than the "backyard racer" who doesn't want to cut up his cowl and is running a plate in front of the 90mm tb and spraying to the back of the intake directly because of the setup. Gonna run lean on those back 2 and blow up race after race.

Remember who you are catering this class to. backyard/sportsman type people. I know it's singling out a certain type of car and it shouldnt be done that way, just look at it from a car count perspective. Seriously, how many 10.50 LS1 cars are there running around in the GLD area? I'm talking WI and IL(chitown and rockford). I bet there would be 20 just LS1 cars showing up for the class if it got rolling. And I'm sure it's the same for the foxbody crowd who don't want to switch to a carb intake w/ a elbow and TB that way either. That intake doesn't exactly look to be the best to be spraying 250 through

At a 10.00 e.t. cap, I don't think a fogger is for POWER as much as it is for parts longevity. Know what I mean? I mean people will be jetting 'em for only 150 hp-200. But the PARTS will last longer and tuning would be easier. THAT's what you want to happen. That is what will bring people in.

I know they are just rough rules right now, and I'm just wanting to toss in some ideas. That's all we are doing right now I'm definitely not complaining. I'd really want to see the class work out
    Last edited by Crawlin; 09-25-2008 at 08:25 PM.

i know 2 ls1 with foggers that go 8.40s 408ci
    possible thru a carbed intake ,but a single nozzel thru a tb I would have to see that one,you still did not answer my ? why the big deal over a dp set up

that's TUFF though scotty. He's got a PLATE on a carb style intake. TOTALLY different than the "backyard racer" who doesn't want to cut up his cowl and is running a plate in front of the 90mm tb and spraying to the back of the intake directly because of the setup. Gonna run lean on those back 2 and blow up race after race.

Remember who you are catering this class to. backyard/sportsman type people. I know it's singling out a certain type of car and it shouldnt be done that way, just look at it from a car count perspective. Seriously, how many 10.50 LS1 cars are there running around in the GLD area? I'm talking WI and IL(chitown and rockford). I bet there would be 20 just LS1 cars showing up for the class if it got rolling. And I'm sure it's the same for the foxbody crowd who don't want to switch to a carb intake w/ a elbow and TB that way either. That intake doesn't exactly look to be the best to be spraying 250 through

At a 10.00 e.t. cap, I don't think a fogger is for POWER as much as it is for parts longevity. Know what I mean? I mean people will be jetting 'em for only 150 hp-200. But the PARTS will last longer and tuning would be easier. THAT's what you want to happen. That is what will bring people in.

I know they are just rough rules right now, and I'm just wanting to toss in some ideas. That's all we are doing right now I'm definitely not complaining. I'd really want to see the class work out
    agreed and to the point

...if i let one direct port in i feel...then i would have to let every one have one

big block with fogger?? hum
    CKSC

scotty figure out the rules im in next year. once u finalize the rules i start buildin the motor. and im sure me and my dad will b able to do sumthin to help out run the program seems like a great idea.

no, just like you said with a forced induction setup, keep a limit on cid for a fogger

<385cid you could run a fogger. any big block will have a plate since it's carb'd anyways. any larger SBC like a 408-434 is gonna be built pretty heavy and will more than likely keep a carb anyways

i'm just trying to get you the biggest car count.

I mean honestly, it's not REQUIRED to have a fogger, hell i went 10.02 god knows how many times that one night and that was 150 through a plate at the front of the intake. So it IS possible. I'm just looking for part longevity which will KEEP racers coming.

I honestly think, that if you do this and get the rules even just SOMEWHAT right... you'll end up almost having a 32car field to run through for qualifying...
    Last edited by Crawlin; 09-25-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex d View Post
    scotty figure out the rules im in next year. once u finalize the rules i start buildin the motor. and im sure me and my dad will b able to do sumthin to help out run the program seems like a great idea.
    cool !!! Im shooting to have it figured out by NOV.

ps its not a bracket race homys hahahahaha
    CKSC

it's gonna be a bracket race like true street is, haha

mark(smokdu) will end up running in it and backing that F2r down even more, hahahah

weight restrictions? don't see that anywhere in the post?

it's gonna be a bracket race like true street is, haha

mark(smokdu) will end up running in it and backing that F2r down even more, hahahah
    f2 is to big for 10.00 class

im tryn to keep rules tight so you have to not hit brakes
    CKSC

weight restrictions? don't see that anywhere in the post?
    there mite be a weight ....
    CKSC

...if i let one direct port in i feel...then i would have to let every one have one

big block with fogger?? hum
    fogger for a tb intake which is what most ls guys use

Quote Originally Posted by 2 bad z's View Post
    fogger for a tb intake which is what most ls guys use
    Im tryn to keep foggers out of combos... ONLY reason why is because if someone puts its on a BB there bb could dominate the class with ease.....

im trying to keep weight out of this for now...or i could just make every street car weight 3350 min weight? in all reality if its a true street car it will weigh close to that
    CKSC