Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by westybenddyno/forest View Post
    correction methanol is an alternate fuel. nos is a power adder in the form of a gas or vapor. methanol is derived from a corn based fuel wich we can buy at the pump. water doesn't add power it only cools like an intercooler.
    and an intercooler does what? oh yeah,allows more boost/timing=power adder
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Scotty, just plain as day write in the rules that NO fogger on a big block. How hard would that be?

A 26x8 would be funny, but I think too many people already have the 275 or 28x10.5 type tire setup to have them go buy a whole new set just for this.

I honestly think if something came out for a class like this, you'd end up getting a TON of entries and the payouts would be bigger than True Street just based on sheer number of entries.

416cid is gonna be perfectly fine, just can't run a turbo on it, which you aren't anyways.

Allow BB's in only because you'll get more people coming in.

I'm with Ron on the no boost controllers or progressive for the nitrous guys.

I don't think there should be a weight. Most of these cars will still be dedicated race cars. So getting a fox body stang up to 3350 is gonna allow them to be scaling that car and placing weight perfect compared to a full interior F-body or Chevelle/etc....

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    what no working a/c required?that should be the first and foremost requirement j/k
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    Scotty, just plain as day write in the rules that NO fogger on a big block. How hard would that be?

A 26x8 would be funny, but I think too many people already have the 275 or 28x10.5 type tire setup to have them go buy a whole new set just for this.

I honestly think if something came out for a class like this, you'd end up getting a TON of entries and the payouts would be bigger than True Street just based on sheer number of entries.

416cid is gonna be perfectly fine, just can't run a turbo on it, which you aren't anyways.

Allow BB's in only because you'll get more people coming in.

I'm with Ron on the no boost controllers or progressive for the nitrous guys.

I don't think there should be a weight. Most of these cars will still be dedicated race cars. So getting a fox body stang up to 3350 is gonna allow them to be scaling that car and placing weight perfect compared to a full interior F-body or Chevelle/etc....
    Last edited by 2 bad z's; 09-26-2008 at 10:41 AM.

when i was in mosourri,i watched a true radial tire class.
    rules were stock suspension and a true p275/60 radial tire with 400 minimum treadwear.

what about cars with powerplant swaps(rx-7).....now you are talking sub 2800lb cars.

i fully agree with ya Ron. I was arguing AGAINST having a rule weight

Quote Originally Posted by 2 bad z's View Post
    what no working a/c required?that should be the first and foremost requirement j/k
    There goes all the classic musclecar entries, hahahah

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    air? Sh1t I don't even have heat!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

There goes all the classic musclecar entries, hahahah
    Naw, only the Race Car Classics.......Street Cars, even the classics all have A/C.......

I'd be interested with the GN, a V6 would need a 76 turbo and intercooler to run 10.0s on a limited tire in the heat......There's 4 or 5 other Buicks I can think of off hand that might be interested in a class like this......
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post
    cool !!! Im shooting to have it figured out by NOV.

ps its not a bracket race homys hahahahaha

heads up pro tree

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    and an intercooler does what? oh yeah,allows more boost/timing=power adder
    So your telling me that the intercooler should be considered a power adder? I think turbo cars should be allowed either a intercooler OR Meth injection.

You have to allow a T76.

Make a provision for twins also..... you know... just cause.

wait so this isnt bracket racing? Oh snap, ill need a BBF and spray to keep up with some of these cars
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

yep, not a bracket race. you could go 10.00 but have a .600 light, and if someone goes 10.15 but on the .400 light, they'd win since they got there first. just can't beat that 10.00 time.

i agree pro tree.

i say pump gas only hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    So your telling me that the intercooler should be considered a power adder? I think turbo cars should be allowed either a intercooler OR Meth injection.
    and what stops someone from mixing a lil nitro into the alcohol injection? who is going to police that?
    much easier to just run an intercooler

Breecher_7
    Then oxygenated pump gas shouldnt be allowed either because that could be considered a power adder as well. Nitro or not, its still fuel, not a power adder.

To police it they could make you fill it out of a SEALED container during Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    Then oxygenated pump gas shouldnt be allowed either because that could be considered a power adder as well. Nitro or not, its still fuel, not a power adder.

To police it they could make you fill it out of a SEALED container during Tech.
    will *YOU* race in the class if they allow meth?

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    will *YOU* race in the class if they allow meth?
    I will, thats the only way Im gonna run, Im not going to change my car up just for some race that happens a couple times a year, because mine is an actuall street car, not a race car..... also, I say have the WATER/METH guys fill from windsheild washer bottles that are already at the track, provided by the track crew.... Its not that hard really.

and what stops someone from mixing a lil nitro into the alcohol injection? who is going to police that?
    much easier to just run an intercooler
    I've done that years ago. Didn't work for me at all, just made it ping audibly for the first time ever. Yeah I ran it real rich and did a ton of research. Definitely didn't produce any power gains.

BTW alcohol injection is not a power adder in any way shape or form. Its just like running race gas. Slows the burn so you can tolerate higher cylinder pressures. A power adder actually introduces significant additional oxygen that wouldn't otherwise be present.

Try putting an alky kit on an N/A motor sometime and tell me what you get.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

At this rate only alternative fuel or electric cars will the only ones left to race with all the "technicalities"in fuel that are being pointed out.

Just cover the basic rules and get it done! Jesus H Christ this isnt NHRA top fuel racing for fucks sake!
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.