Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar

anybody ever race a bike?

I can remember hearing stories about a Nova in Racine in the early-mid 90's that raced a Ninja on the street and beat it. That was a big deal back then and everyone knew about it. How big of a deal is that today? I imagine a Busa would be tough to beat. I know some of you guys have stories
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

i havent had any action from a bike since 95 or 96.

maybe the rice bike guys finally figured out cars CAN beat them.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've had three bikes race the valiant...neither were impressive. I didn't think I'd win any of them per se, just having fun.

One was a 600 crotch rocket (can't recall the make/year) but this was in late 01...the valiant was in the mid/high 13's then. We tied because the guy was racing with his "Babe" on the back...and to give you an idea, has anyone seen the eddie movie "Norbit"

I jest...but I not terribly far off, lol.

The other was a group of guys...two went, another 600 that left me easily...but then the other bike I beat pretty easy. I figured it to be a 400 or just a really bad driver. The valiant was a healthy bit faster then.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I raced a YZF-600 about two or three weeks ago and beat him pretty badly. He was pretty cool about it, gave me the thumbs up and complimented me on my car.

Busa's can be beaten by the way... just takes a really big turbo. Once you start turbo'ing the busas though... then they get a little tough to beat.

Last edited by ND4SPD; 09-18-2008 at 09:39 PM.

new and improved
    never lost to a bike yet street or track. even raced a turbo busa at the track but i think the guy could not drive it... looking back at this i think racing any bike at out level would be stupid. at least for the guy on the bike for sure.. i would not want the liability anyway...

Just some slow stock shit! scaleracer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ND4SPD View Post
    I raced a YZF-600 about two or three weeks ago and beat him pretty badly. He was pretty cool about it, gave me the thumbs up and complimented me on my car.

Busa's can be beaten by the way... just takes a really big turbo. Once you start turbo'ing the busas though... then they get a little tough to beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNqa_1syyFU
    Nice! Looks like a good road to run on right there..
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2
    4-0 on the street for 2010!

CobraSnake
    I raced a few 600's when I had my 04 cobra. I really only raced up to 3rd gear and I would be ahead everytime. But, about then they would start to pull so I just didn't race them past that point. My car was stock except for x pipe and cat back.

Mark

Heh, 3rd gear is where I start my races with bikes.

Busa's are doing low 10s easy with a decent rider, my buddys GSXR should be low 9's before the snow hits aiming for high 8's. Its an 06 1000, just to give you an idea.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Post whore
    70mph roll to 150mph 600 gixr, w/ power commander, exhaust and other little stuff.... Dead even and i had a 200lb passenger Chads brother
    Just a ten second neon

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Busa's are doing low 10s easy with a decent rider, my buddys GSXR should be low 9's before the snow hits aiming for high 8's. Its an 06 1000, just to give you an idea.
    I want to race him Eric.....

I believe Jake has my old 1K running 10.20's with almost no seat time and suspension set for a 230lb rider as well, he could be a good race once he is dialed in....
    Last edited by Breecher_7; 09-18-2008 at 08:21 PM.

CobraSnake
    Quote Originally Posted by ND4SPD View Post
    Heh, 3rd gear is where I start my races with bikes.
    thats just the difference between a roots style supercharged cobra and a turboed supra. I had enough low end torque to go around.

Mark

Bikes are easy pickins....

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HRSEPLA View Post
    Bikes are easy pickins....
    Agreed -- I am more afraid of Mustangs and T.T. Vipers than bikes (unless they are sporting a turbo bigger than my car).
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

I agree on the Mustangs... never know for sure what the hell they have under the hood unless you look... and even then...

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    I can remember hearing stories about a Nova in Racine in the early-mid 90's that raced a Ninja on the street and beat it. That was a big deal back then and everyone knew about it. How big of a deal is that today? I imagine a Busa would be tough to beat. I know some of you guys have stories
    I've raced alot of bikes on the street. Bikes are not that fast......at least not when you have a fast car.
    Sponsored by: Trick Flow, Total Engine Airflow, Team Z Motorsports and Furo Racecraft

Do not buy from the crooks at Star Motorcars!

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I'd be willing to run some of you guys to see how you stand up against a 'Busa. Mine's just an '08 basically all-stock with around 180hp at the tire. It's got a mild 5" stretch and still on slippery Bridgestone.

Snoop and I had a little fun last night....

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by twicks69 View Post
    Agreed -- I am more afraid of Mustangs and T.T. Vipers than bikes (unless they are sporting a turbo bigger than my car).
    I'd love to run you for fun sometime Tim; Do you hang out around Milwaukee anymore? I haven't seen you forever.

Even though I'd need Tri's turbo to take down a 'Busa (mine's just a little bit too small)... I'll run you from a roll for fun.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Trutildeathxxx's Avatar
    ive raced plenty of bikes on my sled at the track,they will out mph me but i beat them to the stripe 90% of the time. Most of the time it is because they either bad at launching or not that good of a driver.
    06 hhr: dd
    FIT hawk: BMX bike
    custom made and modified: Fixed gear Road bike
    BOO YA BITCHES