Thread: Gasser Nova

Gasser Nova

Figured Id post some udates. I havnt been here in a while due to deployment in Iraq and then a PCS to Virginia. But anyway....been workin on my 70 ss Nova....I didnt want to do a regular restoration. So I hooked up with Jim Plimpton (won this years pump gas drags) and we bought a straight axle kit for it. Right now most of the body work is being done and the rear end is in, just waitin on a few more parts...should have some pics closer to November Time....I bought the engine from a member here, cant remember his name but it was a 402BB. should be pretty sweet ride when all finished....just givin yall a heads up on my current progress...soon as I have pics...ill post em....
    I was a Soldier, I am a Soldier, I will always be a Soldier

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by DFJ6000 View Post
    Figured Id post some udates. I havnt been here in a while due to deployment in Iraq and then a PCS to Virginia. But anyway....been workin on my 70 ss Nova....I didnt want to do a regular restoration. So I hooked up with Jim Plimpton (won this years pump gas drags) and we bought a straight axle kit for it. Right now most of the body work is being done and the rear end is in, just waitin on a few more parts...should have some pics closer to November Time....I bought the engine from a member here, cant remember his name but it was a 402BB. should be pretty sweet ride when all finished....just givin yall a heads up on my current progress...soon as I have pics...ill post em....
    I would be with you on the gasser thing if it were an old willy's coupe, but I can not condone cutting up an original 70 SS nova...

BTW, thanks for your service!

nahhhh i really dont think its an original ss....someone put ss badges all over it....but yeah...its gonna be on some whole other sh!!t when its done lol

Senior Member..now yer posting! Z06 KID's Avatar
    i cant remember what digit but i wanna say like the sixth digit should be a K for it to be a true SS. if its an H it is not. its always fun to know those things.
    2009 toyota corolla XRS (trade in)
    2012 SWP STI W/nav
    1972 chevrolet nova (dad's, but i found it)

hey i just checked the vin on the title...the sixth digit is a zero....theres only one letter its the the 7th position and its a W.....?

hmm im not sure then. ive never heard of anything with one number or a w for that matter. id like to know what its about if you happen to find out.
    2012 SWP STI W/nav

thanks for your service!! make sure to keep us updated on the status of the project and be safe!

i just typed in a vin decoder on yahoo and this is what it gave me... apparently if you go through different years it changes. my dad and i have a 72 and its go an H in the vin which means it was a v8 2bbl car. the w means where it was made
    2012 SWP STI W/nav