Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mild setup-what do you guys predict

Godswill my motor is going to be done soon. Iv been ordering parts and working on things with it for awhile now and I should have it up and running next week with pics and videos too.

Here is the setup let me know what your predictions are guys...

85 camaro stock open 3.08 rear

Motor is a 69-80 0010 350 4 bolt block. Bored .40 over making it a 357.
    Using .015 thick steel shim head gaskets
    Has Flat top 4 valve relief pistons
    Comp cam .488/.490 lift 110 lsa 230/236 @ .050
    High flow water pump
    Mid mount alt setup
    Edelbrock performer RPM intake
    200 cc Dart iron eagle heads with 72 cc chambers-they are highly ported with 2.02 valves with guideplates and screw in studs
    Speed o motive springs good for .550 lift
    hardened push rods
    1.5 long slotted steel rockers
    Holly 750 vac sec carb fresh rebuild with new jets and accelerator pump nozzle
    K&n 14" round airfilter
    Hedman shortie headers
    Hedman Y pipe
    Gutted cat
    Hooker Aerochamber catback
    Tranny has been rebuild lass than 5k ago and said to have been rebuilt stronger by the shop
    Everything minus the dash and front driver seat has been gutted
    Car has a lightweight 2 inch fiberglass cowl hood

Let me know what you guys think the motor will make in power & as it stands in the 1/4.

Thanks fellas.
    Last edited by jersyboyy; 08-16-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    300rwhp and mid 13s. Diff is junk that will hold you back a lot, also, look at getting a better intake manifold and headers.

250 RWHP and High 14s considering driver.

it need a loose convertor.with a stock convertor and a 3.08 gear ill say low 14's if it hooks.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to echo Ron...but I'll say that it might ska-week out high 13's...I wouldn't think any faster than 13.7. I say b/w 240-260whp.

Pair that combo with 2800 stall T/C and 3.73 gears however, and you might surprise yourself.

For reference though, here's a combo I ran for a while:
    3700lbs including driver
    wide ratio 4 speed/OD manual trans, 2.94 gears, open differential.
    360, .060 over for 371ci.
    8.2:1 CR
    Stock 1.88 valve mid 70's non-smog heads, good 3 angle valve job by performance shop, MP performance valve springs.
    Holley 4016 600 cfm vacuum secondary carb
    Eddy Performer intake (non-rpm)
    MP performance 268/272 adv, 228/232 dur @ .050, .450/.455 lift, 112 LSA
    Hedman Headers, long tube, 1 5/8th dia.
    MP electronic ignition, advanced to 16* @ idle, 40* total, all in by 2800rpm.

That similarly weighted and geared car (maybe slightly heavier worse on both counts), with less heads, less carb, and a touch less cam, and likely less compression ran a best of 14.2 @ 95mph...3.90's took it down to 13.7....
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

WOW I personally know of a intake/carb/headers 305 thirdgen running 14.3.

In any event I know my rear is garbage and im planning on running an ls1 10 bolt with 3:73's. Lca's,panhard bar, strut tower brace, drag radials in the back and a 2800 stall.
    Last edited by jersyboyy; 08-15-2008 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jersyboyy View Post

In any event I know my rear is garbage and im planning on running an ls1 10 bolt with 3:73's. Lca's,panhard bar, strut tower brace, drag radials in the back and a 2800 stall.
    the problem with the combo is the lack of gear/convertor for the cam you have jersey. it will prob run close to 99mph im guessing.
    just needs the convertor and gear to get the car into the power.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

you found a super rare setup or they lied to you Jeremy. like ron said, hell like everyone said, you're gonna make some power, but have little chance to get it to the ground. there's quite a few cars on here that run less power then others, but have proper traction and gearing, and are much faster
    Last edited by theavenger333; 08-15-2008 at 03:33 PM.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

not enough converter or gear, motor deffintaly has some potential, probably 250ish at the wheels, but you wont feel it with that drive line!
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

I had the car dynoed a few months before I blew my headgaskets.

Performer intake, much smaller cam, 600 cfm carb, headers, stock exhaust, old crappy 882 heads.

200 horsepower to the wheels at 4200 rpm...they shut it down because it was running severely lean.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    so you think you will get an other 100 hp with what you did? The car will make what it makes, I have a junkyard motor going in my car and I bet it does 300 rwhp on a good day.....

Well with a good tune running at 5000+ rpms and the new heads alone should make more than 50 hp.
    I mean im not dumb but that sounds logical to me!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Keep in mind Jersyboyy....that it's always best to be a little pessimistic going to the track...

Get it done and run it...personally I'm looking forward to seeing the slips.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

as am I prince. You mentioned when I first got the car that we should have done a wicked sbc build. Well it may not be wicked but I did manage to build something out of this.

If the car is running monday ill do the best I can to tune it up and dial everything in tuesday.
    Wed is the last time the local drag strip will be holding their monthly bbq. They have tons of food and its a test and tune kind of event. Im hoping to attend, cross your fingers.

you could always hit it with a 150 shot, that should wake it up even with a tight converter and lack of gear!
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Hidden 150 shot is on my list for after I changed the stall and rear and throw some susp mods at it.

Make sure the Alternator is good.

Irish
    14.2-14.0 at 98-100mph with a 2.0 60 foot.

Spent the last 5 days straight putting the motor together taking it apart and putting it back right. Cant get it to start. Iv been told to check the timing again, which iv already done a few times but im going to give it another shot tommorow when the battery charges back up. Wish me luck fellas

Blog Entries
    Spent the last 5 days straight putting the motor together taking it apart and putting it back right. Cant get it to start. Iv been told to check the timing again, which iv already done a few times but im going to give it another shot tommorow when the battery charges back up. Wish me luck fellas
    does it fire back or anything...not an unusual thing to put 180 degrees off when stabbing in the distributer. Take a compression tester too just to make sure you're getting compression....and if you're putting fuel down there, gettting spark, and have compression, it should run.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500