Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    my shit isnt built, its all OEM
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare View Post
    my shit isnt built, its all OEM
    Say goodbye to it. I blew mine up twice with the stock 6.0 in my old Vortec Max truck in under 20K miles.

Stock there not worth a shit.

They dont like to be driven like a race car with 9K pounds behind them......

but thats just it, a truck isnt MEANT to be driven like a race car with 9k pounds behind it, hence why it blew up
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

Not to shit on your thread Tom. But my truck i beat the shit out of. I tow trailer with car on it quite often. I dont treat it nicely and it lasts. I dont understand how people blow transmissions up.

Kyle

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

isnt your truck brand new?
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    Say goodbye to it. I blew mine up twice with the stock 6.0 in my old Vortec Max truck in under 20K miles.

Stock there not worth a shit.

They dont like to be driven like a race car with 9K pounds behind them......
    So you beating the fuck out of your truck blowing your tranny = mike blowing up his? Seriously, it's a stock or near stock 5.3 (unless there are SECRETZ), there's no way he's going to blow that thing up. The 4l60e will be just fine even with a 6.0. Granted he's not doing neutral drops and the like all day long.
    -Tyler

no neutral drops. No brakestands. The only thing my 5.3 has is a straight pipe from the cat back, a drop in K&N and a tune done by tom. He did modify my transmission tables, as far as shift timing (quickness), line pressure, shift points....etc. It shifts quicker and firmer now, if anything, that would prolong its life, less slipping between gears
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

The 4l60 will hold if its built right. Seth still has a 4l60 behind his engine and its making over 600rwhp. Granted its built, but its still a 4l60.
    Tell us that in a year or two. What kind of timeslips is he running with that truck by the way? My stock 4L60 (700R4) lasted until 11.79 @ 114 MPH with a 3650 race weight.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044 View Post
    Tell us that in a year or two. What kind of timeslips is he running with that truck by the way? My stock 4L60 (700R4) lasted until 11.79 @ 114 MPH with a 3650 race weight.
    Its not that fast... Ill tell ya that. The thing NEEDS a loose converter like nothing else!

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    So you beating the fuck out of your truck blowing your tranny = mike blowing up his? Seriously, it's a stock or near stock 5.3 (unless there are SECRETZ), there's no way he's going to blow that thing up. The 4l60e will be just fine even with a 6.0. Granted he's not doing neutral drops and the like all day long.
    Do you read all of the thread or just portions and throw your input in? He wants to put he stock tranny behind a 6.0 engine. Wich if he goes through that hassle will most likely NOT be stock. Probably heads and cam at the least would be my guess. With that, no, the tranny is NOT going to last. Ive had a 6.0 with that tranny, I watched it kill two transmissions. I know it will do it. This is the reason why I upgraded to a Diesel. Somthing that can actually take a beating all day long and it doesnt phase it. When you pull 9K pounds with a truck that is rated for 10K and drive it hard, it doesnt take long for things to give up.

Do you read all of the thread or just portions and throw your input in? He wants to put he stock tranny behind a 6.0 engine. Wich if he goes through that hassle will most likely NOT be stock. Probably heads and cam at the least would be my guess. With that, no, the tranny is NOT going to last. Ive had a 6.0 with that tranny, I watched it kill two transmissions. I know it will do it. This is the reason why I upgraded to a Diesel. Somthing that can actually take a beating all day long and it doesnt phase it. When you pull 9K pounds with a truck that is rated for 10K and drive it hard, it doesnt take long for things to give up.
    Yes I read all of the thread, and I stand by the statement that the 4L60E will be just fine for him, just don't drive like a deusch with 9k behind it
    -Tyler

Breecher_7
    Its Douche.... And if he does a H/C 6.0 I give the tranny a month at the most.

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    4L65E's were OEM on the 6.0 GTO and Corvette, slightly beefed up from a '60, but only slightly.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
    4L65E's were OEM on the 6.0 GTO and Corvette, slightly beefed up from a '60, but only slightly.
    Thanks for reminding me. My 06 Vortec Max was a 4l65e. Thanks Dan. The only difference between the 60 and 65 is the planetary gearset to the best of my knowledge. Makes it a little stronger. Im just making the point that my 6.0 tore it up. Thats all. Take it for what it is or dont. Just trying to help.

Its too early to spell douche :P

In any case those ls4 cars rock, I want a gxp....nice job tom
    -Tyler

Anyway, back on topic.

No pushrods yet, they are on b/o till next week (******* odd ball size) aside from it sound like a small diesel under hood and leaving some nuts on the table it works ok. Ive been playing with the tune up and got it working really good actually. Been trying to perfect the TC to work as a launch assist and thats coming along nicely.

So far im happy with the change and hopefully should trap closer to that ilustrious 108 mph mark.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Anyway, back on topic.

No pushrods yet, they are on b/o till next week (******* odd ball size) aside from it sound like a small diesel under hood and leaving some nuts on the table it works ok. Ive been playing with the tune up and got it working really good actually. Been trying to perfect the TC to work as a launch assist and thats coming along nicely.

So far im happy with the change and hopefully should trap closer to that ilustrious 108 mph mark.
    there was a set for sale on ls1 tech ,just what you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by 2 bad z's View Post
    there was a set for sale on ls1 tech ,just what you are looking for
    7.425's? link??

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Couldn't you just straight up order custom pushrods?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Couldn't you just straight up order custom pushrods?
    Well these pretty much are that, except Comp is rather slow on delivering them, mine will be factory drop shipped apparently.