Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Switching over to EFI from the carb. I ordered the Retroktek Powerjection system, the one that looks like a carb. Saw enough good testimonials on it to make the leap.
    I already know one person who got it, installed it...spent time getting it running decent/tunning, then got rid of it...performed no better, started no easier, and got worse mileage than his carb. Didn't hate it, but wasn't enthralled by it either.

Russ is bringing over a 318 builder. The local HS is affliated with MATC, so MATC is doing the machine work. The HS will build it under my supervision.

Plan to do a basic 318 with good pistons installed. I might do a basic port job on the heads just to touch up some areas to improve flow nomially and simply, including some at home gasket matching. The cam I've got is fairly versatile and works decently with the 2.76 cruising gears...so I might keep it initially. The plan is to just be cheap...it's only buying time till I get around to building a serious RB engine.

When the engine goes in, I might go with a slightly looser torque converter...such as 2000-2200 rpm. Something cheap though, like a "saturday night special"

I've also purchased a complete rear-end with 3.90's and sure-grip diff. The cam I've currently got should do okay with those and the looser converter...should be able to squeek out a few more rpm's with the little bit of head work I do.

I do think I might be able to do a 4 wheel disc conversion...so that my car can stop as well as it handles (all poly components, aftermarket sway bars front/rear, HD torsion bars/rear leafs) which when paired with everything else, might be fun to take up to RA for a couple laps next year.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    sounds awesome chris! Good goals/plans for the car. Hope to see it out a lot in 2009!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

just finished rebuilding my windshield wiper motor. Bench tested it and seems its good to go now. Just needs to be repainted and will be waiting to go back into the car. Now at least I will have functioning wipers should I get caught in the rain.

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    just finished rebuilding my windshield wiper motor. Bench tested it and seems its good to go now. Just needs to be repainted and will be waiting to go back into the car. Now at least I will have functioning wipers should I get caught in the rain.

Is rebuilding those very difficult? My Camaro needs hers either rebuilt or replaced....

I wouldn't say it was difficult....but a pain to put back together if you aren't paying close attention thats for sure. The key is to try and pinpoint what is wrong with it first. Is a gear in the transmission broke? Does the motor have resistence? Brushes look OK? Stuff like that. I bench tested mine first to see if the motor was garbage or not. USUALLY its something mechanical in the older wiper motors....frozen center shaft, bad bearing, broken or gummed up teeth on the reduction gear etc