Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg@GLD View Post
    Reverse the situation, you and every other Cub fan in America would scream and shout and that's all there is to it. Period.

And it is NOT "raining all over the USA" as evidenced by the fact that the Brewers are playing at this moment. Who can blame a Cubs fan for seeing this like you do? I'm not. It's just like when an obviously bad call by an ump goes for your own team. You take it. You don't give it back. When they go your way, yea. When they don't.. BOO.

BOO

The Cubs got awarded two free "home" games. That's a fact. Who's at fault can be discussed at length. Does not change the facts. This was the EASIEST thing for Bud to do. He's shown how well he makes "snap decisions" before, hasn't he?

Ask the Astros how they feel. I'm guessing they don't agree. I'm surprised you don't see this as him trying to help the Brewers. Aren't the Astros coming up fast behind Milwaukee in the Wild Card race? Hmmmm.... Interesting... I guess 'cuz I'm a Brwers fan I'll rejoice in the unfairness of this decision because hey, what the hell it might help the Brewers..
    sorry i ment to say it's raining where ever they could have played.....they can't play in a stadium that is already hosting a game today
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    I'm sorry....philladelphia's stadium is unavailable because there is a game being played there. Like I said before....why risk getting an already rained out game rained out again when you have a perfectly good dome available for use which just happens to be close to chicago. Find another roofed stadium available in the midwestern/central region that is available and maybe your point will be somewhat valid.

Yes I'm sure Selig is intentionally trying to help the Brewer's.
    they actually could've played the game in tampa....but just b/c MLB wants to play the game there doesn't mean the owner of the stadium has to let them play there, and if you ask me it would be bad business for the owner of tropicana field to do it b/c there's not a lot of fans in that area to fill the stadium....if i was the owner or ceo of miller park, this is a no brainer, as the cubs fans will make it prob. damn near a sellout
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by crusin240hatch View Post
    they actually could've played the game in tampa....but just b/c MLB wants to play the game there doesn't mean the owner of the stadium has to let them play there, and if you ask me it would be bad business for the owner of tropicana field to do it b/c there's not a lot of fans in that area to fill the stadium....if i was the owner or ceo of miller park, this is a no brainer, as the cubs fans will make it prob. damn near a sellout
    Even if this game wasn't against the cubs there would still be a decent turnout. Wasn't there like around 15,000 people at the last game that was played at Miller Park with two teams not from around here?
    -Tyler

something like that...they said they have like 50,000 or something like that for the 3 games

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    This thread is more proof that cubs fans are complete idiots.

Home field advantage is still huge in baseball.....ESPECIALLY this time of the year.

Lets see how many Astros fans get a chance to show up. 900+ mile trip in 1 day notice

I hope they sweep the Cubs.
    Last edited by Lash; 09-14-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    On a positive note, we have the opportunity to see playoff style baseball now.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    This thread is more proof that cubs fans are complete idiots.

Home field advantage is still huge in baseball.....ESPECIALLY this time of the year.

Lets see how many Astros fans get a chance to show up. 900+ mile trip in 1 day notice

I hope they sweep the Cubs.
    I'm not a cub's fan, I only want the cubs to win to knock the astro's down hence the go cubs.

To all of you whiners, I said it once, find a stadium in this region that was available on such short notice. Now who's the idiot?

Get bent
    -Tyler

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    I'm not a cub's fan, I only want the cubs to win to knock the astro's down hence the go cubs.

Why is that? The cubs are still in reach....specially with the series coming up.

I said it once, find a stadium in this region that was available on such short notice. Now who's the idiot?
    Because you know how many other stadiums they seriously looked into?
    You and Bud must be tight!!!

Last edited by Lash; 09-14-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Why is that? The cubs are still in reach....specially with the series coming up.

The Cubs are way out of the Brewer's reach, the Brewer's have been awful for the last couple of weeks and the Cubs have proved time and time again (except for the opening series) they are leaps and bounds ahead of the Brewer's and the rest of the league.

Why would you waste a lot of time looking for a stadium when the game is TODAY. Miller Park was readily available and it has a roof which means no more delay! Your points are completely invalid, friggen conspiracy theorists
    -Tyler

you make it seem like they have loads of time to get it figured out......WTF did you want them to do....miller gave them a gurantee to get the games played.....not to mention a better chance that the cubs knock the stro's away from the brewers bc they're not helping them selves in philly

on a side note Big Z just no hit them....HELL YES
    Last edited by flyin_blue_egg; 09-14-2008 at 09:31 PM.

That was so cool!!
    I have no voice left!
    04 GTO weekend toy
    12 WRX weekday toy

I am a huge cubs fan have been for years big z destroyed them. I was at the game and have no voice after cheering the cubs to the destroying of the stro's. it was awesome walking down the ramp after the game singing go cubs go. what more can I say? GO CUBS GO!!!!!!

i'm soooo pissed...i was thinking about going to the game but decided not to