Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

Astros fans get screwed!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

How is that fair?

The wasn't ANY other place to have the games but the closest park to Chicago?

anyone going to go to the games? i kind of want to go on monday!
    2001 Bonneville SSEI (AKA JUNK)
    2002 35th Aniv Camaro Z28
    1999 Cavalier Z24 5 spd
    1995 Camaro Z28 (rip)
    1993 Eclipse GSX (project)

< My New Boost Gauge:D spindler27's Avatar
    i would go if the tix were $10 like last year when cleveland played here, but because its so close to Chicago they can charge full price because it'll be 90% chicago fans
    05 SRT-4: Under Construction

The question is; if you go who are you going to rout for?
    04 GTO weekend toy
    12 WRX weekday toy

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

How is that fair?

The wasn't ANY other place to have the games but the closest park to Chicago?

last i checked US Cellular is a lot closer to wrigley then Miller.......but GO CUBS
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by crusin240hatch View Post
    last i checked US Cellular is a lot closer to wrigley then Miller.......but GO CUBS
    I think he meant "closest NATIONAL league park to Chicago"

Regardless, this was a very crappy thing to do to the Astros, even a Cub fan should be able to see that. This gives the Cubs two more home games. You can bet the farm these games will have HUGE amounts of Cub fans, and that isn't right. Houston is on a tear and making a serious run for the playoffs, and taking away two home games is a pretty big deal. Playing these games at "Wrigley Field NORTH" is grossly unfair. They should have played them in a neutral zone or somewhere much closer to Houston.

Bud Selig strikes again...
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels
    11.31@126 MPH on Toyo Proxes

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Where else were they going to go? There's rain all over the country right now, and only 2 weeks left in the season. They gotta play the games, and with us having a roof, it was the best destination to still even get some fans to the game. Especially since it worked out so well when Cleveland came to town last year.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

i saw today they're considering this a marquee game and tickets are like 25-60?? wtf! i think they know they can get easy money from the FIBS!
    1999 Cavalier Z24 5 spd
    1995 Camaro Z28 (rip)

Just bought two tickets!! Go Cubs!!
    04 GTO weekend toy
    12 WRX weekday toy

wah wah wah poor astros wah wah. These guys are professionals and I'm sure they are grateful that we have a stadium capable of hosting a game no matter how shitty it is. There isn't time to put off these games a whole lot and Miller Park is a haven of sorts seeing as how the whole f'n middle of the country is getting poored on and we're one of the few with a retractable roof in the country. Why risk having an already delayed game getting rained out in an open air ballpark?

P.S. Go cubs
    -Tyler

I would go on Monday but I'm not going to pay $25+ for a ticket on top of parking etc.....

ditto justin!
    1999 Cavalier Z24 5 spd
    1995 Camaro Z28 (rip)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    wah wah wah poor astros wah wah. These guys are professionals and I'm sure they are grateful that we have a stadium capable of hosting a game no matter how shitty it is. There isn't time to put off these games a whole lot and Miller Park is a haven of sorts seeing as how the whole f'n middle of the country is getting poored on and we're one of the few with a retractable roof in the country. Why risk having an already delayed game getting rained out in an open air ballpark?

P.S. Go cubs
    Yea, wah wah... Wouldn't it be fun to see the shoe on the other foot. Take the games from Wrigley and play them in Texas...

Nobody from Chicago or a Cub fan would complain. No sir! They would say "oh well so what! Go Cubs!

2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@GLD View Post
    I think he meant "closest NATIONAL league park to Chicago"

Regardless, this was a very crappy thing to do to the Astros, even a Cub fan should be able to see that. This gives the Cubs two more home games. You can bet the farm these games will have HUGE amounts of Cub fans, and that isn't right. Houston is on a tear and making a serious run for the playoffs, and taking away two home games is a pretty big deal. Playing these games at "Wrigley Field NORTH" is grossly unfair. They should have played them in a neutral zone or somewhere much closer to Houston.

Bud Selig strikes again...

like many have said, the whole country is getting rained on right now....and for the few areas that aren't, they are under water (ie houston etc.)
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Yea, wah wah... Wouldn't it be fun to see the shoe on the other foot. Take the games from Wrigley and play them in Texas...

Nobody from Chicago or a Cub fan would complain. No sir! They would say "oh well so what! Go Cubs!

guess it's a good thing there's no astro's fans on this site

like many have said, the whole country is getting rained on right now....and for the few areas that aren't, they are under water (ie houston etc.)

As posted, I bet you'd be singing a whole different tune if the situation were reversed...

They would burn Bud Selig in Effigy.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels

Its a whole lot better than having to play a double header loke the brewers and a lot of other teams.

I'm not even a cub's fan and I really don't feel sorry for the astro's for getting a chance to acually play a regular game in a safe haven (minus crazy cubs fans). Miller Park is MLB's shining gem
    -Tyler

As posted, I bet you'd be singing a whole different tune if the situation were reversed...

They would burn Bud Selig in Effigy.
    stop playing the what if game.....the astro's stadium is the one in a city under water not the cubs....that's not my, nor any other cubs fan/player etc, fault is it???

stop playing the what if game.....the astro's stadium is the one in a city under water not the cubs....that's not my, nor any other cubs fan/player etc, fault is it???
    Reverse the situation, you and every other Cub fan in America would scream and shout and that's all there is to it. Period.

And it is NOT "raining all over the USA" as evidenced by the fact that the Brewers are playing at this moment. Who can blame a Cubs fan for seeing this like you do? I'm not. It's just like when an obviously bad call by an ump goes for your own team. You take it. You don't give it back. When they go your way, yea. When they don't.. BOO.

BOO

The Cubs got awarded two free "home" games. That's a fact. Who's at fault can be discussed at length. Does not change the facts. This was the EASIEST thing for Bud to do. He's shown how well he makes "snap decisions" before, hasn't he?

Ask the Astros how they feel. I'm guessing they don't agree. I'm surprised you don't see this as him trying to help the Brewers. Aren't the Astros coming up fast behind Milwaukee in the Wild Card race? Hmmmm.... Interesting... I guess 'cuz I'm a Brwers fan I'll rejoice in the unfairness of this decision because hey, what the hell it might help the Brewers..
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels

Reverse the situation, you and every other Cub fan in America would scream and shout and that's all there is to it. Period.

And it is NOT "raining all over the USA" as evidenced by the fact that the Brewers are playing at this moment. Who can blame a Cubs fan for seeing this like you do? I'm not. It's just like when an obviously bad call by an ump goes for your own team. You take it. You don't give it back. When they go your way, yea. When they don't.. BOO.

BOO

The Cubs got awarded two free "home" games. That's a fact. Who's at fault can be discussed at length. Does not change the facts. This was the EASIEST thing for Bud to do. He's shown how well he makes "snap decisions" before, hasn't he?

Ask the Astros how they feel. I'm guessing they don't agree. I'm surprised you don't see this as him trying to help the Brewers. Aren't the Astros coming up fast behind Milwaukee in the Wild Card race? Hmmmm.... Interesting... I guess 'cuz I'm a Brwers fan I'll rejoice in the unfairness of this decision because hey, what the hell it might help the Brewers..
    I'm sorry....philladelphia's stadium is unavailable because there is a game being played there. Like I said before....why risk getting an already rained out game rained out again when you have a perfectly good dome available for use which just happens to be close to chicago. Find another roofed stadium available in the midwestern/central region that is available and maybe your point will be somewhat valid.

Yes I'm sure Selig is intentionally trying to help the Brewer's.
    -Tyler