CobraSnake

who knows wiring???

I have a big problem. My wifes car keeps blowing fuses. He radio is out her trunk light her dome light. Theres a whole bunch of little shit thats wrong with the wiring. I'm assuming its a bad ground or wires touching. She(idiot) went to a dealership and first of all they charged her $100 just to look at it. Then said it was going to be another $700 to fix the abs sensor and the wiring problem. Just wanted to know if anyone on here knows a cheaper way to go about doing this. Or if you work for beer or food that could always be arranged as well.

The ABS thing doesn't really bother me that much but the radio or the lights not working does. She won't stop bitching about not having a radio so that is my #1 concern. So if anyone could be of any help that would be great. I have my weekends free but would be willing to working around someones time to get it done in a hurry.

Mark

bump
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

What's the year/make/model, and did the dealership tell you what needed to be replaced...???

Jackstand Racing Team twirkin50's Avatar
    What fuses are all currently blowing. Are all three on seperate fuses, or is it a lighting fues that is blowing?

CobraSnake
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    What's the year/make/model, and did the dealership tell you what needed to be replaced...???
    no I told them to put the car together and get it out of there. I was pissed as it was that she even took it there. Its a 2003 Pontiac Grand AM GT1.

Mark

CobraSnake
    Quote Originally Posted by twirkin50 View Post
    What fuses are all currently blowing. Are all three on seperate fuses, or is it a lighting fues that is blowing?
    Well the radio one blew and we got a replacement. We put that in and it worked for a while then blew again. We got another fuse and put it in and it sparked and blew right away. I'm assuming the trunk light, the trunk pop and the radio are on the same fuse. So I know that its a bad ground or wires touching I just have no way to locate the wires so I can solve the problem.

Mark

Does your car have an amplifier?

Try removing the Trunk Release relay and then putting a fuse back in. After that, I would trace the Orange Power Wire from the fuse panel to the amplifier and to the splice pack. From there if you disconnect the wiring to the amp or trunk release and then try to reinstall the fuse. If your wiring is okay then look at the components. My guess is you will find a short in the orange wire in the car.
    Last edited by twirkin50; 11-19-2008 at 09:29 AM.

With Amplifier Doc 2

Trunk Release power Doc 3

Power Distribution Doc 4
    Last edited by twirkin50; 11-19-2008 at 09:29 AM.

dose it have a aftermarket radio if so how installed it?

CobraSnake
    Quote Originally Posted by David95Z28 View Post
    dose it have a aftermarket radio if so how installed it?
    no its all factory with the radio.

Mark

Disconnect all that junk as best you can put a fuse in and see what happens, plug junk back in till that fuse pops.
    It ain't the best way of troubleshooting this problem but its a start and its free, most non mechanical car lovers can do something this simple.

CobraSnake
    I'm going to take it to bad cutt he said that he can fix it. Although he lives in fricken keywaskum. If there would be anyone that would be closer that would be great. Nothing against you Seth but, thats fall as hell to drive. If no one closer can help then I will be for sure driving out there saturday.

Mark