BCM Cruiser

GReddy goes bankrupt

found this in my350z.com forums, seems like the 07+ z guys w/ the hr motors are getting no love as only a few hr tt kits were released prior to greedy/trust going broke.

http://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/38537...ml#post6292777

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/10/j...es-bankruptcy/

kinda sucks because i love greddy. im just glad i got my tt setup before they busted
    bewst. i haz it. yew needz it.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...845#post214845
    sounds like they are still gonnna try and keep producing things
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

I have had and still have Greddy stuff on my car.

And I would never buy anything Greddy AGAIN!!! Even if they stayed in business.

I had a Valve Spring AND Head Gasket go to shit on me, made by Greddy.

My intake and Oil Pan are Greddy and I like them. But as far as any internal or moving parts...GREDDY = GARBAGE!!!

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    this wouldnt have happen if the kept making the type s blow off valve

< My New Boost Gauge:D spindler27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nramlow2006 View Post
    this wouldnt have happen if the kept making the type s blow off valve
    those things are so annoying, same with hks, and the rfl
    05 SRT-4: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    I have had and still have Greddy stuff on my car.

And I would never buy anything Greddy AGAIN!!! Even if they stayed in business.

I had a Valve Spring AND Head Gasket go to shit on me, made by Greddy.

My intake and Oil Pan are Greddy and I like them. But as far as any internal or moving parts...GREDDY = GARBAGE!!!

I think you're right. Non-moving parts good... Greddy FMIC's = da bomb . I think that's the only Greddy stuff I have on my car. The rest is HKS or Sound Performance. Hell, they even sent me a jacket when I bought my FMIC.

< My New Boost Gauge:D spindler27's Avatar
    ive always stuck with the solid brands, garrett, tial, etc new setup is BW and tial, can't go wrong, maybe a little Virtual Works thrown in
    05 SRT-4: Under Construction

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by spindler27 View Post
    ive always stuck with the solid brands, garrett, tial, etc new setup is BW and tial, can't go wrong, maybe a little Virtual Works thrown in
    id buy solid parts too if i had a neon that broke down every other week
    bewst. i haz it. yew needz it.

Im surprised they have lasted this long, the same or better parts are mass produced for e-bay sales at 1/3 the cost for 4+ years.

Korean knockoff parts are doing a great job at keeping Turbonetics and Garret light duty turbo's pricing steady. Even tho there parts are superior you can spend 600-800 for a brand new name brand turbo, virtualy 0 price raise in 5 yrs!

2002: 60E/stage3 .63AR turbo= $680
    2008: 60E/stage 3 .63AR turbo= $700

If there we'nt $200 e-bay turbos out there that wouldnt
    be the case. Keep it up Japco Turbos Inc!
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

figures. the ebay brands probably had something to do with it. don't really care though i never had anything greddy.

Beeyond Engineering
    i am too surprised greddy have lasted this long. never used anything greddy except for 1-2 bovs back in my college days. greddy is just waaay too costly even for middle class citizens. intercooler = $700+ etc etc etc........ and many of their parts are crap that i've seen throughout my 12 years in the import scene. however, their stickers look KOOL.........
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Just an update on this guys. Greddy USA is fine and dandy.

DON'T BUY KNOCK-OFFS!

UPDATE: Greddy in U.S. still good to go

TRUST CO. LTD, JAPAN, FILES FOR MINJI-SAISEI-HOU IN TOKYO

GReddy Performance Products Inc., Parent Company to Undergo Reorganization Through Japanese Equivalent of U.S. Chapter 11 Filing

September 9th, 2008, Irvine, CA-GReddy Performance Products, a California Corporation, has announced that its parent corporation, TRUST Co. LTD, has filed for Minji-saisei-hou in Tokyo, Japan, the U.S. equivalent of a Chapter 11 reorganization plan. As in the U.S., this filing is a common strategy utilized by companies to allow them to continue to conduct business and service customers while undergoing an internal reorganization process.

This reorganization will have little, if any effect on GReddy Performance Products Inc., USA. GReddy assures its customers that it has ample inventory of all products for the U.S. market, and there are no production delays on new and current product lines coming from Japan. GReddy looks forward to exhibiting at the 2008 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, NV in its 20' x 40' booth, and will have three new project vehicles and new 2009 products on display. Representatives from both GReddy USA and TRUST Co. LTD Japan are attending the SEMA Show to answer questions about the reorganization and future plans for the company to retain its dominance in the sport compact market segment for the next 30 years.

Stated GReddy Performance Product's Kenji Sumino, "TRUST Co. LTD Japan has filed for bank protection in order to restructure. This does not affect GReddy Performance Products USA at this time. In fact, we are working on plans to assist TRUST Co. LTD Japan during this process in every way we can. We have more than adequate inventory to sustain us until TRUST Co. LTD Japan returns to full production capabilities. As more information becomes available, we will release it to the media."