Hybrid View

Do you think they will eliminate the static shock you get during the winter from most cars?
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Do you think they will eliminate the static shock you get during the winter from most cars?
    Don't think so. Pretty sure that is from you (as opposed to the car) building up static electricity. As you get out of the car you touch the car chassis which is at a much lower potential, and you get shocked. Having something that electrically binds the car chassis to the ground won't change anything in that scenario.

Basically the same thing as rubbing your feet on a carpet and then touching something metal in a house like a pipe.

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post

spray fabric softner on the seasts...thats what i did with the S-10 and the wagon..the wife uses it as well in her car for the winter...J/my 2 cents...

my dad had them things on our cars when i was a kid...i remember them...god i'm old...now there being used again....please don't let DISCO come back...
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK