Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clocks off crew to head up to WIR tomorrow (Friday)

....and looking to kick some cowtipper azz as well.
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

I'll be there with the neeeyawn. Come get some.
    Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    I bet I'm pretty close to that Neon, unfortunately I cant race him because I'm a safe racer and if I actually lost to a Neon I would have to shoot myself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffEnuff View Post
    ....and looking to kick some cowtipper azz as well.
    i hope we dont need aqua treads
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Just a few sprinkles here, looks like it'll clear up.
    I bet I'm pretty close to that Neon, unfortunately I cant race him because I'm a safe racer and if I actually lost to a Neon I would have to shoot myself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by KARKRAFT View Post
    Just a few sprinkles here, looks like it'll clear up.
    how close are you to the track?

Bout 40 miles.

That was quite an interesting night. Rain held off almost to the end of the night.

Puffy actually did show up with his Promod. When it was sitting on jackstands, I figured it was all just a "show" and that he didn't have any intention of actually racing it. But he did make a couple shakedown passes. Second one didn't go so well though. There's some battle scars on the puffmobile.

Steering shaft coupler came undone. (I hate when that happens!!) and the car had no steering and went into the wall (just a graze really)

We made sure he was ok, then when I got back to the starting line, in true Tuffy fashion, I hijacked the mic from his FIB announcer and said that this was probably a result of spending too much time harrassing people online and not enough attention to detail...
    Can't blame that one on Furo...

I took some video, will probably be way too dark and I used someone else's camera. I'm hoping to have it later.

Good to see Ron and crew.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels
    11.31@126 MPH on Toyo Proxes

Nice job Greg!!!! that was great!

Im glad Tuffy ok..... butt... i guess thers a new bullseye to aim for
    CKSC

Too bad it.........ah......sorry, I'll be nice.

Karma.
    Sponsored by: Trick Flow, Total Engine Airflow, Team Z Motorsports and Furo Racecraft

Do not buy from the crooks at Star Motorcars!

Maybe the car and driver should been made legal first?Showing off is kind of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BrommosAuto View Post
    Maybe the car and driver should been made legal first?Showing off is kind of stupid.
    he made 2 test hits/shakedowns
    how was that stupid?
    for him to "be legal" in that car,he will need to make a few passes under power,which should happen AFTER the bugs are worked out.

I have never seen cars making passes till legal?But then again i probally havent seen that much as you have.Most of that stuff i have seen get cought in tech.Also what if it had been worse?Would the track like the trouble from ihra for letting a illegal car making passes?

His first pass he went 10.7x as far as I know you don't need any license or certifications for that. I agree that it was funny that the 'street racer' was t+t'ing at an RSD though.

Irish
    Depsite what Tuff has said on this board... I wouldn't want to see him wreck, motor blowing maybe... but wrecking defintiely not.

Contrary to popular opinion ()... He probably has family that cares about him and wants him to come home the same way he left.

I have never seen cars making passes till legal?But then again i probally havent seen that much as you have.Most of that stuff i have seen get cought in tech.Also what if it had been worse?Would the track like the trouble from ihra for letting a illegal car making passes?
    what was so illegal about his car making a 10 sec pass?

i know his window net isnt in yet and he might not(im not sure) have a competition liscense for 9.99 and quicker but i never realized that was necessary to make a 10 sec pass.

Thanks for the concern guys... It really isnt all that bad though, thats why we were doing "shakedown" passes. Blown Alky motors have a nasty habbit of shaking bolts loose (nature of the beast). In this case, it shook the whole steering linkage off...which is really strange, because, it's a real pain in the ass to take it off by hand. We already have a solution to fix this problem, it will never happen again.

I will say this... I went out 200 ft. under full power with NO steering (I believe it came off at the starting line) and the car went *PERFECTLY* straight. <- Thanks to TRICK CHASSIS!! It was when I lifted that it started going to the left....and when I hit the brake it made it a little worse. Unfortunately, there is 5 feet of grass between the track and the wall and once my front left tire went into the grass, it "sucked" me into it.

No big deal though... just a few scratches, nothing that a little fiberglass resin cant fix (I was only going 10-15 mph at the time of impact)

I am hoping to get this thing dialed in by the Sept. 19th RSD@GLD.

All in all, I had a BLAST last night, the car seems to be working great...I just need a little more seat time to get used to it....and sales of ear plugs should be on the rise.

ZOOMIES FTMFW Baby!!!! whooooot!

BTW... A bad night of racing is still better than a good day with your car sitting at some guys shop for 4 months getting hacked up.
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

I was perfectly legal to make the runs that I made last night. Besides, WIR is an IHRA track....so I was good to 8.90's... hence, the reason I wasnt about to run past the 330'.

2008 PGD Champion
    Seems like what people consider the "fast" cars all had some problems last night. The '62 Chevy from The Race Shop sheared teeth off of the ring gear, then your mishap, then the 'Bird decides to break a timing belt and bend valves, etc.
    I think there should be side bets on who's car makes it to the finish line
    By the way, your car looked and sounded great. I ALMOST feel bad kickin' your butt on the 19th
    You aint gettin out of racin' me that easy
    Words to live by... MORE LOCTITE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
    2008 PGD Champion

Damn interference motors.....