A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2009 Ram R/T-MT first drive (link-brief overview)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html

I had heard they were coming with an R/T...didn't know it'd be first off the docket.

Basically a Reg cab, 2WD Ram w/ 5.7 liter Hemi v8, 390hp/407ft-lbs of torque, 4.10:1 rear.

0-60-5.7 seconds
    1/4 mile: 14.4 @ 94mph

Motortrend praised the new rear suspension, allowing that it was particularly impressive for a full-size in regards to handling (but who gets full-sizes for handling?). The new coil spring set-up preserves the 9100lbs tow rating, while improving ride dramatically. Stated new interior/layout was a drastic improvement, rating it tops in quality.
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 09-04-2008 at 01:08 PM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

some high gas mileage claims coming from dodge once again on the hemi.. The new body style reminds me of the tundra

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    whiner.
    Last edited by Poncho; 09-05-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Considering the new challenger has gone 13.1 @ 108 per the same testing procedures, uh, no.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    if i could i would trade my car in in a heart beat for this truck.. im still looking for a dakota 5 speed r/t ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nramlow2006 View Post
    if i could i would trade my car in in a heart beat for this truck.. im still looking for a dakota 5 speed r/t ...
    You'll never find a 5 speed Dak R/T...at least not one from the factory. They all came with auto's...although more than a few have been converted to either TKO 5 speeds and even tremec 6 speeds.

If you're looking for that vintage dak though, I'd suggest the 4.7 w/ 5 speed...they're actually quicker than the 5.9 R/T's.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

whiner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
    apples to apples buddy.
    Do you even know what apples to apples means? Heck, given you're figure, do you even know what an apple is?!?

Cross-comparing test by two different sources, using different testing procedures/likely different conditions is tenuous at best. You can simply wait for MT to test the Challenger R/T as you know they will, before acting as if you're life's complete
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

whiner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
    ah yes an insult. just comparing a test of a 5.7 powered truck and a 5.7 powered car.

Why even create and post this thread, if only one magazine can be the LONE source of a test? I mean seriously? you really are a pompous ass for no reason.
    Wait, you mean the point of your post wasn't to try and be an Ass? lol, yah, right ponch

Why create a thread about a Ram, only to have to have to discuss a challenger? What's the point of the boldface tibit here?
    Quote Originally Posted by In regards to the CHALLENGER
    In comparison, the R/T requires a shift into 3rd gear.
    ^what does this have to do with the Ram?!?^

And then, I have to be told incorrectly "apples to apples buddy", when there was no comparison in the first place.

You wanna play the smarmy smart-guy asshole, go for it...just stop crying when you get the same treatment in return.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

whiner
    Last edited by Poncho; 09-07-2008 at 10:21 PM.

Irish
    The only gripe I have is the front grill kinda reminds of a pigs nose.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    You'll never find a 5 speed Dak R/T...at least not one from the factory. They all came with auto's...although more than a few have been converted to either TKO 5 speeds and even tremec 6 speeds.

If you're looking for that vintage dak though, I'd suggest the 4.7 w/ 5 speed...they're actually quicker than the 5.9 R/T's.
    really i did not know that...

i like the older body style the boxy type.. i knew a kid in high school who had one it was like the mopar additon it was a 5 speed with a v8... it halled ass.

The older boxy style did indeed come with a 5 speed 318. With a 3.91 rear and some work it was actually sadly one of the more decent Mopar performance choices in the late 80s lol.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    meh. just another dodge
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

Breecher_7
    And the 1500 hemi quad cabs jumped in price like a mother!!! I saw one today that was nothing special, pretty much equipt like the 05 I had and it was msrp of 40K. Are you f'ing kidding me? 40K for a half ton DODGE??????

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    i think id rather have a tundra... im just not a dodge person..

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    And the 1500 hemi quad cabs jumped in price like a mother!!! I saw one today that was nothing special, pretty much equipt like the 05 I had and it was msrp of 40K. Are you f'ing kidding me? 40K for a half ton DODGE??????
    Yeah I noticed that too, I think its just a pricing/marketing game, since they are offering like up to 25%-40% off with all the incentives and programs. I am pretty sure you can get that $40K "list" truck for like $25K or less...
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    i think id rather have a tundra... im just not a dodge person..
    Trying to be objective and not to rag on Toyota since obviously most of their products have been great - unfortunately the new Tundra was absolute garbage. Camshaft and other engine issues, not getting anywhere near the advertised gas mileage, bad transmissions - people are calling it the "rumble strip" trans since many of them make tons of noise as if your driving over rumble strips, problems with the bed being weak and going out of square, tailgates weak and breaking, etc. Its been so bad and the sales have been so weak they are shutting that San Antonio plant down for like 6-9 months to redo and retool the whole truck... Its been one of their rare screwup stories to say the least - they planned on selling like 250,000 of those a year and have only sold around 1/4-1/3 of that.
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!