Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theavenger333 View Post
    so........... you dumb sacks, "how to make RSD better WITHOUT INSULTING" goes STRAIGHT to you
    I started civil. Then Tuff got in on it, I just leveled the playing field. You will not find one single thread on RSD that stays civil.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffEnuff View Post
    T&T guys actually get *MORE* time to run than the folks I am trying to target...

How is that "pissing" on them?

Seriously, why is this so hard for you guys to understand? RSD is for STREET RACERS

Not necessarily people with "street cars" or who race their mom's minivan "on the street from a stoplight".

It's a CULTURE, a WAY of life for these folks. they typically race for money and hang out at certain spots, racing at certain "race spots".

These people are HARDCORE, dedicated and PASSIONATE about what they do. Most of the people here (complaining) are nothing more than test and tuners/ grudge race their buddy's to these STREET RACERS.

Some HARDCORE street racers will race cars that have NO BUSINESS being on the street at all. They unload them off a trailer, race for some big $$$, then load them up and leave....to go find more races. <- this is what the event was targeted for.

I understand that this doesnt happen too often in WI. but, it is REAL prevelent here in Chicago and typically in major cities around the country.

I started this event to keep the "street racing" world a bit safer

Kinda like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd4ZtDb6GNk

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yIQK...eature=related

here's some of the folks I am talking about: (known street racers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyxQR321AJ0

Here's the guys from the east coast running for 56K (street racers that moved from the street to the track)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyhow...eature=related

I cant seem to find any videos of stuff like this happening in WI though....other than at RSD.
    You see the 1st video you posted what is that? 13-14second FRIENDS GRUDGE racing and look what happens. THAT IS WHAT YOU NEED OFF THE STREETS!
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

I am gonna break my rule, which everybody can since I started post, but please just no calln anybody anything.Everybody calm down a lil Tuff is rite to the extent that there are cars like that on the street, i will give him that. The thing is though those races are not set up like hot laps. You have guys that run their "quick" streetcars that want to have fun and make a lil money, that make about 5-15 runs a nite on the street.The "Streetcars" on the vids and what I have personally(not them) seen usually sit on the trailer make 1-3 runs and go home. Plus its "usually" a pedal fest after they get out of the VHT. Which is great your puting them at GLD to do it. However when you were 16-25 did you run what you think you will run now? When I ran on MM it started out as you lined up to whatever and had a good time. After a while FAST cars,money and "talk" came in, and people that didnt want that picked a different spot. Then about 2 months later the "money" guys were askin where does everybody go? We were still running but no money was involved. I met a lot of nice people that way. It might be hard to balance it but you got to remember, in 10 years those "the kids daily driver" you talk about mite not be anymore. It seems when you forget about the "the little guy" you actually see how important he is when hes not around anymore.

Not to kiss ass but it has a good concept. Newbies mite have the drive and the knowledge but the funds arent there YET. They need to be just as much accepted as the cars YOUR trying to get off the street. 15-12's is your mashed potato and gravy from what i have seen. The lower cars are your desert for that event. You cant have it all the time. Someone thats runnin 15's now mite be running 10's in 5 years, which helps your programs staying power.

Exclamation

so........... you dumb sacks, "how to make RSD better WITHOUT INSULTING" goes STRAIGHT to you, Tuff shooting off your mouth. nobody said anything, they voiced their opinions. civil thread, turned to crap, from you. peddle your crap elsewhere.

While I agree with you, I also am caught in the middle as usual. The dragstrip paid for this forum. RSD, like it or not, is one of our events. I already got a bitchslapping from the majority owners for being honest and telling people here to "vote with their feet". Now they see you telling us not to promote RSD.

We need some clarification here-

If you are telling Brian to "peddle his crap elsewhere" in a context of "RSD" then we have a problem. RSD happens at GLD, we paid money for the promotion of ALL of our events. If you are telling him to abide by the rules of the forums, that's a different subject entirely. But if you are saying because you don't like HIM, that RSD can't be promoted here, we will have to respectfully request a refund and you guys can remove this forum.

I hate getting stuck in the middle of all this crap. Brian's a trainwreck and public relations disaster. (Hi Randy!!)

I represent GLD.

So which is it here? No RSD discussions?
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels
    11.31@126 MPH on Toyo Proxes

jesus... I'm out of town for 1 weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    Brian do you ever shut the **** up?

The RSD's are garbage the way the favortism is played there.

For the last ******* time. Its the REAL STREET DRAGS, Concept being, keep people racing on the track vs the street.

It shouldnt matter how much or little money is being bet or how fast your car is. Everyone should have equal opportunity to run.

As far as never removing you from it. Keep shooting your mouth off and running that steaming pile of shit the way you do and you will see the owners/operators of GLD will see that you are hurting your business and get rid of your ass. I know I would, the amount of business your pushing away with your diluted way of running the RSD's is HUGE!

If all the people that you say are there to "test and tune" because you dont like there reasons for attending the RSD"s didnt attend the event anymore, it would put a serious hurting on the money coming in. Keep racing your high dollar fast car races, you will have less then 10 damn cars there.
    tony,you dont even RACE A CAR/TRUCK
    just stop already.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

so........... you dumb sacks, "how to make RSD better WITHOUT INSULTING" goes STRAIGHT to you, Tuff shooting off your mouth. nobody said anything, they voiced their opinions. civil thread, turned to crap, from you. peddle your crap elsewhere.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RanJer
    I'm a non-racing toolbag who likes to bit ch and complain
    when is the last time ranjer was at GLD?
    tuff is right when he says jer is a non racer,and really left out the fact that jer doesnt even frequent GLD at all.

Im really sick of seeing everyone complain when they dont even go to any of these events.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@GLD View Post
    While I agree with you, I also am caught in the middle as usual. The dragstrip paid for this forum. RSD, like it or not, is one of our events. I already got a bitchslapping from the majority owners for being honest and telling people here to "vote with their feet". Now they see you telling us not to promote RSD.

We need some clarification here-

If you are telling Brian to "peddle his crap elsewhere" in a context of "RSD" then we have a problem. RSD happens at GLD, we paid money for the promotion of ALL of our events. If you are telling him to abide by the rules of the forums, that's a different subject entirely. But if you are saying because you don't like HIM, that RSD can't be promoted here, we will have to respectfully request a refund and you guys can remove this forum.

I hate getting stuck in the middle of all this crap. Brian's a trainwreck and public relations disaster. (Hi Randy!!)

I represent GLD.

So which is it here? No RSD discussions?
    i hope that isnt the outcome of this,and i think its great GLD is supporting this site.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    i hope that isnt the outcome of this,and i think its great GLD is supporting this site.
    rsd is fine, just needs a little fine tuning when it comes to the spectators crowding the tower,too much wasted time imo,its a cool event

Rsd is being promoted on 2 sections now. Clocks off Racing and GLD.

BCM has always been free Advertising for his event.

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    Rsd is being promoted on 2 sections now. Clocks off Racing and GLD.

BCM has always been free Advertising for his event.
    and it would be in a third section if andy would have responded to my wishes.
    Tuff wanted to sponsor the site as well. He also offered some RSD passes for the BCM car show raffle,however,YOU never acted upon that offer.

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    If you own/work for a company that you think might be interested in donating a DOOR prize, for our Car Show, that benifits Childrens Hospital, please contact me or Ryan(Puresound15).

The amount of generosity from people, and businesses has been amazing. But we would like to see more prizes on the table for the raffle on the 23rd.

We already have some great stuff lined up.
    Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    i just spoke with tuff e nuff
    he donated 2 free entries to race at rsd

Thats a decision for Andy and Yoo to make. But take a look at the way he treats people on this site. I dont think it would be a smart idea to allow a person to have his own section, when he does nothing but rile up members.

I told you weeks ago to pick up the "offered" passes from Brian, and you never gave them to me. You know full well I dont attend RSD, so I wouldnt be driving there to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffnStuff
    I started this event to keep the "street racing" world a bit safer
    No, it's pretty clear that you started this event to feed your massive ego. If you started the event for safety's sake, you wouldn't be sh*tting all over the people you call TnT'ers because guess what... they're the ones that are more likely to get into a crash on the street. The high profile racers aren't the ones zipping up and down HWY. They're at least smart enough (most of them anyway) to take their races off the main drags and out into the country or on some deserted road somewhere. So don't give us this warmed over bullsh*t about trying to save lives. When you start taking care of the MAJORITY of your customers instead of the deep-pocket minority, then, and only then, will RSDs be about safety. Right now it's about money, drama, and puffery... nothing more.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    if ya watch any rsd videos from around the state ,Its all about sh$t talk and hype ,is it really that serious to get bent out of shape about how he chooses to promote his event ,its made to be entertaining and for the most part it is

Quote Originally Posted by 2 bad z's View Post
    if ya watch any rsd videos from around the state ,Its all about sh$t talk and hype ,is it really that serious to get bent out of shape about how he chooses to promote his event ,its made to be entertaining and for the most part it is
    george wins the prize behind door #6

Me being a "non-racer" and having attended a alot of rsd events last year the events where a blast had alot of fun and was entertained, but having time to attend only one rsd this year i went to the last one and imo its gone down the shitter there where hardly any cars there (Normally the pits are packed) i can honestly say i was bored and left early. I dont know if all the rsd's have been like this all year or if i just went to the wrong one but if they have all been this way then somthing needs to change not saying that it is huff and puff but somthing is causing a change and it doesnt appear for the better.
    1997 Explorer 5.0 AWD - Broke

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Since this thread was supposed to be a thread without too much shit talking. I'll ask a question I had before:

Why don't we let Brian just have his day, and run it the way he feels. IMO I suggest changing the name to ChitownRacing Street Drags or something, since that is primarily who he is catering to (hence his "get known" argument).

Then setup another day that is essentially street drags the way that EVERYONE on this site would like to see it run. Effectively a "keep it off the streets" for the common man. A place where we can grudge race our buddies for low stakes. We can spot people out, go off a flagger, etc. Same stuff just catered for the everyday man. The 15 second guys can get in just as many runs as the 7 second guys. Call it "Keep It Off the Streets" or something just to get away from the sour-taste-in-the-mouth feeling that everyone has about the current RSD name.

Is this possible? Why not take one of the regular test and tune days, or girl's nights or something... I feel you have enough extra room in the schedule to add another event.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Since this thread was supposed to be a thread without too much shit talking. I'll ask a question I had before:

Why don't we let Brian just have his day, and run it the way he feels. IMO I suggest changing the name to ChitownRacing Street Drags or something, since that is primarily who he is catering to (hence his "get known" argument).

Then setup another day that is essentially street drags the way that EVERYONE on this site would like to see it run. Effectively a "keep it off the streets" for the common man. A place where we can grudge race our buddies for low stakes. We can spot people out, go off a flagger, etc. Same stuff just catered for the everyday man. The 15 second guys can get in just as many runs as the 7 second guys. Call it "Keep It Off the Streets" or something just to get away from the sour-taste-in-the-mouth feeling that everyone has about the current RSD name.

Is this possible? Why not take one of the regular test and tune days, or girl's nights or something... I feel you have enough extra room in the schedule to add another event.
    agreed
    Just a ten second neon