View Poll Results: Do you wear Gear while riding?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helmet, EVERY TIME

28 60.87%
  • Full Gear, EVERY TIME

13 28.26%
  • "If its my time to go, its my time to go" No Gear

3 6.52%
  • My HD is usually broken so I stay home

2 4.35%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ^LOL nice
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

Helmet, coat, and gloves while on the interstate with all the morons. Weekend rides on 55 mph roads - coat and glasses.

Oh, and i got a fat boy!

Always full faced helmet, gloves, jeans and work boots. If its 90+ degrees out, I leave the jacket off. The only time I wont ride w/o a helmet is to go grab some lunch during work. Most lunch spots are less than 1/2 mile away. I know things can still happen and are more likely to happen in familiar places where you are most comfortable, but I just dont want to haul the helmet around with me during lunch. Passengers always wear full gear! I couldnt stand something happening to someone that had no control over the situation, where as I do. My ride - 2006 Screamin Eagle Vrod.

Oh and I have an 85 GS700ES Harley tariff special.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Wear the gear cuz you never know when it could happen to you like it did to me today
    At least my lunch was ok

Bike vs F150, I lose
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rocket Power; 05-22-2010 at 09:43 AM.
    Jamie

Damn that sucks! Atleast the bike can get new parts, but are you alright? What went down to cause that?

Damn Jamie that sucks... Glad you're ok, at least you seem to be.. Hope you get it back together soon. If you need a hand shoot me a PM.
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Quote Originally Posted by GrimreaperSS View Post
    Damn that sucks! Atleast the bike can get new parts, but are you alright? What went down to cause that?
    Quote Originally Posted by RanJer View Post
    Damn Jamie that sucks... Glad you're ok, at least you seem to be.. Hope you get it back together soon. If you need a hand shoot me a PM.
    Thanks.
    Yeah I'm basically OK, sore, but nothing broken except the bike.

What happened....

The F150 in the pic was turning onto 98 from greenfield I was turning onto EB Greenfield from 98 . There was traffic stopped at the light and it looked clear, what I couldn't see on the other side of the lifted Grand Cherokee and other traffic was the F150 that was coming off greenfield and onto 98th. I didn't have time to even hit the brake. I saw the grill of the truck thought "OH F***" next thing I remember I was getting up and getting out of the street before I got run over. Luckily I was only going 5 or 10mph, I have no idea how fast he was going but I assume not too fast. I have a sore left elbow and shoulder and the muscles in my back and stomach are sore. Busted the windscreen, left mirror. forks look ok, haven't checked them closely. Going to take the fairing off and check for damage to the triple clamps and neck.

All in all, it could have been ALOT worse for me. Didn't break any bones.

Of course it would've have been nice if the other guy would have bothered to have insurance I only have liability on mine.

No tickets were issued to either of us. Cops were very cool, and I got to sit in an amberlamps for a bit
    My bike got flatbeded home since I wasn't going to push it

I was wearing my helmet which has a small scuff on it now and my armored jacket. Somehow my watch got ripped off in the accident and took a little chunk of skin off, so I got watch-rash instead of road rash
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rocket Power; 05-22-2010 at 10:50 PM.
    Jamie

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    that sucks man! glad to hear you are alright.

this isn't pointed at anyone, but I don't get the "i'll wear a jacket, but not a helmet".

so you'll protect the stuff under your clothing, but not your face/head? I can't eat because my jaw is torn off, but atleast my biceps and chest didn't get road rash.

I just don't get it. Especially in the summer when it's 80+ outside. You'll wear a heavy leather jacket but again, not a helmet? To me, the jacket is not for safety then, it's to look "the part" more than anything.

I'll always wear a helmet... should be a full face but it's just a brain bucket. Yesterday was the first time I rode without a leather jacket on and I still don't know how i feel about that.

Full gear for me, every time. My ride to work is 3 miles, but I wear boots, full gloves, jacket and full face helmet.

I can understand the brain bucket only, if I rode some slow ass 60 hp machine....

Quote Originally Posted by BoosTT View Post

I can understand the brain bucket only, if I rode some slow ass 60 hp machine....
    It's still gonna hurt just as bad when that F150 hits you, regardless of how powerful your bike is/isn't..
    02 TLR

It's still gonna hurt just as bad when that F150 hits you, regardless of how powerful your bike is/isn't..
    true dat
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by BoosTT View Post
    No shit. That was a pretty dumb comment. But if having a supa-fast high HP bike makes him feel like more of a man, hats off to ya. I'll just be putting along on my slow ass 60hp machine...
    Last edited by DirtyMax; 05-25-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    DAMN!!! I'm just happy with the 100 on the busa so far, hahah
    my busa has seen almost 2000 this year already i'm suprised didnt' think i rode it that much. i still really need a set of tires just don't have any money yet. my busa makes me feel manly until i give her too hard and i poo a little then i feel like a baby again.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I was at around 600 or so on mine
    Jamie

2600 so far as of tonight. New rear tire last Wednesday. Goooood to go
    02 TLR

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Just passed 250 on the busa last week, haha. School/work keeps me busy as well as working on it, haha. Now with the car accident/incident I can barely lift it up off the kickstand so we will see how much more I get done.

I dont own a bike but I always have "rentals"

on the hog
    Around town- Gloves, eye protection, ocassional leather jacket
    highway- gloves, half helmet, leather jacket

"rocket"
    99% of the time ill wear full face helmet, gloves

"super moto"
    99% of the time im in full gear, mx helmet/googles - I CAN NEVER JUST TAKE THIS FOR A "CRUISE"
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package