View Poll Results: Do you wear Gear while riding?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helmet, EVERY TIME

28 60.87%
  • Full Gear, EVERY TIME

13 28.26%
  • "If its my time to go, its my time to go" No Gear

3 6.52%
  • My HD is usually broken so I stay home

2 4.35%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Poll: Who wears their gear and what type of bike?

The HD threads got me thinking, lets make a poll and see who is most likely to wear gear between the SPORT and CRUISER riders on BCM. Do you wear a helmet, gloves, jacket, and boots everytime you ride the bike?
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

I normally ride sport bikes, and I wear full gear every time.

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

If I ride, it's a sportbike. Usually full gear everytime. At minimum: brain bucket, gloves, jeans and some sort of decent boot/shoes. Sometimes it's just a little warm in my Astars jacket. I need a summer one but I gotta get a bike first.
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Usually fully gear besides riding pants....jacket, jeans, gloves, helmet, boots I do get caught not wearing a jacket sometimes though. I have had times where a I have taken a girl for a ride and given her the helmet leaving me exposed, but I generally feel naked without one.
    -Tyler

Not sure what you would concider my bike? cruiser / touring? I wear helmet, jacket, gloves and jeans everytime.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

I don't have a bike. But, you should ALWAYS wear a helmet! I'm pro helmet. My parents were in a big accident a few years back. I have helmets to thank for them being here still today...

helmet, jacket, gloves, full jeans, but I sometimes wear sneakers instead of boots. I have riding pants as well but they are hot as hell!!

so I considered that full gear in my vote

this my time to go stuff is BS it may not be your time to go but when you are horribly disfigured when your face grinds against the pavement for a couple hundred feet you might reconsider that sentiment.

but drinking and riding is supremely more moronic than not wearing your gear...and the combination of both....well enjoy whatever hospital they put you back together in...

/rant
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

BCM Cruiser
    im always on a sportbike, im usually wearing a helmet gloves and jeans and shoes. I need to get a textile so im not in a sauna everytime i ride.

Breecher_7
    Minimum of a Helmet, Gloves and some sort of tall boot.

I have no compassion for people that ride without gear. If you **** yourself up I could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedSix View Post
    helmet, jacket, gloves, full jeans, but I sometimes wear sneakers instead of boots. I have riding pants as well but they are hot as hell!!

so I considered that full gear in my vote

this my time to go stuff is BS it may not be your time to go but when you are horribly disfigured when your face grinds against the pavement for a couple hundred feet you might reconsider that sentiment.

but drinking and riding is supremely more moronic than not wearing your gear...and the combination of both....well enjoy whatever hospital they put you back together in...

/rant
    So its riders choice as long as its what you think is right? Even if a rider 'always' wears a helmet, many times its a half helmet, hows that protect your face? And if someone...anyone believes in its your time, so be it. How does that mentality affect you in ANY way?

and for the record, I NEVER drink and ride...or drive...or bicycle either for that matter! Thats assinign.

And as Pork already pointed out for me, I do not wear gear around town. I will wear a helmet if I'm on a long trip (yeah, I know it can happen in town too, I dont need to hear it) so IF I crash, PLEASE by all means Breecher dont feel sorry for me.

BTW, I'm sure everyone who replies to this thread will be the gear wearers and I'm also sure you all wear a seat belt EVERY time you get into a car too right?

Wearing gear is fine and I have nothing against it or anyone who does, I probably should (as I've mentioned previously) but to put me or anyone down who doesnt? Freedom of choice goes both ways...
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442

^^^ I do wear my seatbelt everywhere I go...its like a law or something

I've known two people who died because they weren't wearing gear ...... I understand its a personal choice and to many it would sound like i'm on a crusade about this. Everybody makes mistakes and takes chances especially members of this forum. If someone chooses to forfeit the life that they were given by not wearing a helmet sobeit it was given to them to do with what they will. I just don't need to see another friend die on the side of the road so I won't be riding with someone not in their gear.
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    So its riders choice as long as its what you think is right? Even if a rider 'always' wears a helmet, many times its a half helmet, hows that protect your face? And if someone...anyone believes in its your time, so be it. How does that mentality affect you in ANY way?

and for the record, I NEVER drink and ride...or drive...or bicycle either for that matter! Thats assinign.

And as Pork already pointed out for me, I do not wear gear around town. I will wear a helmet if I'm on a long trip (yeah, I know it can happen in town too, I dont need to hear it) so IF I crash, PLEASE by all means Breecher dont feel sorry for me.

BTW, I'm sure everyone who replies to this thread will be the gear wearers and I'm also sure you all wear a seat belt EVERY time you get into a car too right?

Wearing gear is fine and I have nothing against it or anyone who does, I probably should (as I've mentioned previously) but to put me or anyone down who doesnt? Freedom of choice goes both ways...
    Your still pissed that I said you didn't wear gear? If you did and I said you didn't, that's another story. I thought we were cooler then that, but whatever.

I wear my seat belt every time I hop in the car, and so does everyone that rides in my vehicle.

SNATCH A KISS ORVICEVERSA Junky Giorgio's Avatar
    After road racing in CCS and knowing what it feels like to hit pavement @ 70mph, I wear my helmet and jacket every time I get on my bike. If i'm going out on a long ride, my race boots and gloves are on as well. My new street bike is an '02 GSXR 6oo btw.
    TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675 TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
    Thanks to YellowWagon for the pics and JunkGSX for the ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamZ
    Junk maybe gone, but Tony is Junky Giorgio forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by domokun View Post
    junk, your junking my thread.

Looking for Fozy parts Want_Notch's Avatar
    I have a crusier. I were gear everytime.
    Helmet, gloves, jacket, jeans and boots.

I however don't look down on those who don't. Its there choice. To each there own.
    2001 Subaru Forester

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    when i do ride it helmet every time. i no longer have a bike but when i ride my brothers i always were his helmet. and i also were gloves other than that just t-shirt or light coat and jeans with some decent anke high boots

Breecher_7
    I always do wear my seatbelt actually. Its habbit.... Im sorry I care about my safety. I managed to live through some serious shit, im not going to die now because of somthign that could be prevented.

My minimum is helmet and gloves. usually i wear the sniper jacket i always have jeans on and most of the time i wear my high heel tennies cuz there comfortable to ride in. just cut my helmet is blue and doesn't match the bike no more i still wear it even if i look dumb. on a side note i need a new pair of gloves any suggestions on brands i got a stars now and there worn out in one season????
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I am just a rider on Adam's '78 Kawasaki 650SR, but I always wear my helmet. I need to get better about wearing the rest of the gear though. I'm always wearing long sleeves and for the most part pants (or capri's), but sometimes I grab flip-flops instead of tennis shoes and that's not too good.

Adam drives his bike every day to work and back and wears his helmet, leather jacket, pants, boots, and gloves when the temperature is chilly. I'm glad I don't have to push for him to wear that stuff either. (:
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Your still pissed that I said you didn't wear gear? If you did and I said you didn't, that's another story. I thought we were cooler then that, but whatever.

I wear my seat belt every time I hop in the car, and so does everyone that rides in my vehicle.

I'm not pissed at you, sorry didnt mean it that way, we're cool. Gear is good, dont get me wrong. I always wear jeans and work boots, I just dont wear the helmet as I should. Just choice, nothing against anyone else wanting to be safe. I wish I had the discipline to do it more often. And I respect your choice to not ride with me without gear, maybe someday I'll be more safety concious.
    Last edited by Memphis; 09-02-2008 at 09:56 PM.
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442

I gear up. My bike is on the line between a sportbike and a standard.