Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Cool Brew City Muscle Club Day October 4th, 2008

As a "Thanks for your support" to BCM, we're looking at Saturday, October 4th, 2008 as "BCM DAY" at GLD. BCM members race for only 15 bucks!
    Gates open at 10:00AM. We close at 8:00PM. We will be happy to help with any "grudge matches" you guys might want to setup between yourselves. Should be a blast! BE THERE!!!

JUST TELL THEM AT THE GATE THAT YOU ARE WITH BCM TO GET YOUR DISCOUNT. WE ARE OPEN FROM 10AM TO 8PM. RACING WILL NOT START AT 10AM, THAT IS WHEN THE GATES OPEN.
    THESE ARE THE FINAL DETAILS AS OF OCTOBER 3rd, 2008

Last edited by Greg@GLD; 10-03-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Because.

Damn, I might be on my way to Fort Riley at that time....I'm going to try and make it.

HD 103" Kit/SE 255 Cams/D&D 2-1 Fat Cat Exhaust/SE Heavy Breather/Arnott Aldan Air Ride/Front Lowering Springs/HD Reaper Wheels

Sounds like it would be a good time!

wow thats AWESOME! I'm definately there!

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg@GLD View Post
    We will be happy to help with any "grudge matches" you guys might want to setup between yourselves. !!
    lol...good luck with that.

Great idea though!!!

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    see if i can't blow a car up trying for those 15.xx passes! lol
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

can u guys do this like next year when i have a car worth running? lol

its still cheap, maybe ill go and see what a stock KA runs lol
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Now that's something to look forward to!! Maybe we can resurrect the fun of KOTH?
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by LIZMO View Post
    can u guys do this like next year when i have a car worth running? lol

its still cheap, maybe ill go and see what a stock KA runs lol
    Scotty and I are working on "cheap test and tune" days for next year. (or maybe even this year!) We need some input from you folks, and we'd need good, solid turnouts to convince the majority owners that this is worth doing on a regular basis. So stay tuned on that!

I sent you a pm about how it is done in Europe.

I think 2 all weekend events a year with a $20-$30 entrance fee would be a good deal. Get sponsors/vendors to cover the rest of the costs by setting up a stand.

HD 103" Kit/SE 255 Cams/D&D 2-1 Fat Cat Exhaust/SE Heavy Breather/Arnott Aldan Air Ride/Front Lowering Springs/HD Reaper Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Fast GTO View Post
    I sent you a pm about how it is done in Europe.

I think 2 all weekend events a year with a $20-$30 entrance fee would be a good deal. Get sponsors/vendors to cover the rest of the costs by setting up a stand.
    I got it, great ideas. I'm getting a little behind on PM's right now, sorry for any delay... I'm involved in a lot of websites and PM's take up a lot of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044 View Post
    Now that's something to look forward to!! Maybe we can resurrect the fun of KOTH?
    good luck with that josh,i dont think there are ever enough cars running at the same time to have a KOTH.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    And the last time we did it, Ray wasn't too pleased with a couple people's choices in coolant hahahaha

Free Racing? Can't get much better than that Greg.

Can you post up here some of the larger involvment stuff you are doing with the track? I know I had seen you mention some things on the MMA site

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    good luck with that josh,i dont think there are ever enough cars running at the same time to have a KOTH.

What we're looking to do is have some fun, relaxed atmosphere, no "conditions" or "rules". Line them up, put up or shut up. No excuses grudge racing, what more can you ask for dudes? Here's a dragstrip. Where's your car?

"You said on BCM that you could whoop my ass. Now PROVE IT."

And if all ya want to do is just make some passes and hang out with your friends, that's what this is for.

Nothing complicated, just a fun day of racing. Air is usually GREAT that time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    And the last time we did it, Ray wasn't too pleased with a couple people's choices in coolant hahahaha

Free Racing? Can't get much better than that Greg.

Can you post up here some of the larger involvment stuff you are doing with the track? I know I had seen you mention some things on the MMA site
    My involvement with the track is centered around my desire to see an historic facility, one that I have had so many great times at in my 47 years, survive and prosper in times that are getting very tough for many people. There's been some changes at the top, and the majority owners asked me to join the Management Team, and I agreed. There's some other involvement I would prefer to keep private but the gist of it is that I'm interested in seeing GLD remain open and not be a financial burden on the investors.

FYI, Dave Hohensee has kind of taken over Ray Drew's former role as "Trackside Manager" and I answer to Dave, Dom Blasco and Randy Henning. Brian used to be my "boss" with regard to RSD. That's no longer the case.
    Ray decided that he wants to pursue other interests, spend more time with his wife and young family, and so he has moved out of the ownership group and management team.

Hijack over now, BCM fun day is October 4th, 2008.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Sorry for the hijack Greg. But definitely a CONGRATS!!!

I will be there for sure, just enjoying the atmosphere of the track!

Senior Member..now yer posting! Trutildeathxxx's Avatar
    im there
    06 hhr: dd
    FIT hawk: BMX bike
    custom made and modified: Fixed gear Road bike
    BOO YA BITCHES

greg if u need help with staging or waterbox that day let me kno id be glad to help out

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    That's perfect, I'm wanting to run my junk again this year, and was hoping for fall with cooler weather. Seems like every time I decided to go it's like near 90.

And I'm only wanting that partially for the car. Fat guy in jeans in 90 degrees equals lots of chafing.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Wow, that's really nice of everyone at GLD. Maybe I should practice launching so I can beat Josh!
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.