A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Took the LRT BACK to GLD...

And didn't quite get my 14 second time slip...but hey, it's still stock. I did put a new throttle cable on, but I need a new throttle holley throttle adapter...I might be able to make what I have work, but basically I need to shorten the length of the lever arm so that X amount of cable travel results in just a smidge more opening of the throttle.

I think just a tad more, and maybe bumping the timing a couple degrees or 4 might have touched 14's in the mostly stock truck...not that it's important, it would have just been "neat" to make the old school beast hit that relatively mundane number.

So I ended up with a 15.13 @ 89.66 mph.

But it was a good time...saw and got to talk to Plum Crazy and StealthySS, as well as an owner of a very stout AMC AMX who really really needs to work on getting traction (he ran a 13.9 @ almost 113, with a nearly 2.8 60').

Great night though...9 runs in just over 1 hour with a nice 30 minute break to check out cars and shoot the shit.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    And didn't quite get my 14 second time slip...but hey, it's still stock. I did put a new throttle cable on, but I need a new throttle holley throttle adapter...I might be able to make what I have work, but basically I need to shorten the length of the lever arm so that X amount of cable travel results in just a smidge more opening of the throttle.

I think just a tad more, and maybe bumping the timing a couple degrees or 4 might have touched 14's in the mostly stock truck...not that it's important, it would have just been "neat" to make the old school beast hit that relatively mundane number.

So I ended up with a 15.13 @ 89.66 mph.

But it was a good time...saw and got to talk to Plum Crazy and StealthySS, as well as an owner of a very stout AMC AMX who really really needs to work on getting traction (he ran a 13.9 @ almost 113, with a nearly 2.8 60').

Great night though...9 runs in just over 1 hour with a nice 30 minute break to check out cars and shoot the shit.

Yeah, Tony with the AMX has traction and tranny issues!
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum Crazy View Post
    Yeah, Tony with the AMX has traction and tranny issues!
    I remember that car from a summer ago its bas ass