Hybrid View

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TheRX7Project View Post
    What are the rules regarding nitrous bottles in a hatchback car? I seem to remember you can't have the nitrous bottle inside the cabin (maybe I'm wrong, it's been a while) but in a hatchback, there really is nowhere else.
    I had to deal with this issue myself. You MUST have a blowdown tube that vents to the outside of the car with a nitrous bottle that is not behind a panel such as in a trunk. The bottle cannot vent into the cabin in the event the safety triggers on the valve.

thanks for the info. The nhra rool book is a bear to read. everything is in diffrent sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@GLD View Post
    I had to deal with this issue myself. You MUST have a blowdown tube that vents to the outside of the car with a nitrous bottle that is not behind a panel such as in a trunk. The bottle cannot vent into the cabin in the event the safety triggers on the valve.
    thanks

Senior Member..now yer posting! deuceWI's Avatar
    The new 2009 Rule Change thread answered part of my question about motorcycle gear.

When they say "full leather" does that also include synthetics and mesh riding gear with pads? I'm looking at getting the zip on pants to go with my mesh coat, but maybe I'll look for something else entirely if that won't pass tech inspection.

I'm thinking it really means 'proper' riding gear, not some leather crap you might pick up at k-mart on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by deuceWI View Post

Also, can you add basic info for bikes?

Helmets, gloves, boots above the ankles, and a coat are necessary. I think if you start trapping over 120mph you need to have a full suit or pants and a coat that zip together.
    Quote Originally Posted by deuceWI View Post
    The new 2009 Rule Change thread answered part of my question about motorcycle gear.

When they say "full leather" does that also include synthetics and mesh riding gear with pads? I'm looking at getting the zip on pants to go with my mesh coat, but maybe I'll look for something else entirely if that won't pass tech inspection.

I'm thinking it really means 'proper' riding gear, not some leather crap you might pick up at k-mart on sale.
    Also interested in these questions....
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

heres one for you....

Why cant I run a quad a full 1/4 mile when the NHRA rulebook has nothing that prohibits that?
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed