Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Praire dogs mortal combat

I figured I'd throw this on here and see if anyone can find this disgusting and the very reason we are a morally corrupt society. Personaly I think this is funny as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVpDdsuaLXk

I didn't know anyone took a field varmint and made them indoor pets.
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't a bunch of people get bubonic plague a couple years ago from those things? Or some potentially serious disease.

Here's a good PD fight vs fox:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp0jGOOo0Hs&NR=1
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    That video was cute and funny.............but now I feel even worse about the other video, because this one shows that they are playful, and have cute personalities. But, thanks for posting this one anyway, it really was adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by 7398455 View Post
    That video was cute and funny.............but now I feel even worse about the other video, because this one shows that they are playful, and have cute personalities. But, thanks for posting this one anyway, it really was adorable.
    So do rats, my sister had one as a pet. Doesn't change the fact that they are rodents.

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by LEWETHETIGER73 View Post
    I figured I'd throw this on here and see if anyone can find this disgusting and the very reason we are a morally corrupt society. Personaly I think this is funny as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVpDdsuaLXk
    Don't be a drama queen.

In the end everything will end up fertilizer. So why should we care how they end up in the dirt.

I do think they are funny

I don't care care if they are rodents! I LIKE rodents! Just because they are rodents doesn't mean they aren't cute, my friend raised rats and mice, they were cute too, we played with them, named them, gave them treats,etc..........I personally can feel love for damn near any animal, if given a chance.

..........I personally can feel love for damn near any animal.......
    Oh, the humanity!!!!

So what about skeeters, ants, and all the bugs on the windshield. They all have some sort of nervous system yet we ruthlessly butcher billions of them daily. I don't see what some fur does that changes that. Either all of it is ok or none of it is.

I have had pet rats too. Hell I even had pet raccoons that even lived in my room. Doesn't change anything. Now if I see one in the woods or something sure I'll sit and watch it but if there are thousands of them all stuffed in a couple acres destroying my crops, making huge holes for my cattle to brake the legs of my cattle I am going to be pissed. Cows cost alot of money. They are the economy out there. If you have a cow break it's leg usually they have to be put down. Most of the time before they reach their true weight where it is worthwhile to raise them. or they can't eat cause all the food is gone because of the prairie dogs. So if the farmer is losing money where he can't keep food on the table he has to get rid of the prairie dogs. Follow me so far? Now he is losing money which means he doesn't have enough to be nice to them by sucking them up for $100+ each. And I am pretty sure they don't want to move the problem else where for some one else to deal with. So they try poison. Is that anymore critter friendly to have your stomachs feel like battery acid burning you from the inside out while you own critter family is suffering the same. Sure it gets rid of them but what of the other animals that might be shareing the hole with them. For instance the ground owl or foxes, They would die to by either eating the poison or the poisoned varmints. So the only sure fire way to get rid of just the dogs is to shoot them one at a time. but that too gets expensive. so why not find some people to help the farmer out AND make some money on the side that will help him out of the debt that the prairie dogs caused. I dought they feel the bullet and it is quick and painless. This is why I don't see the big deal about helping my fellow man. Population control is a fact of life. sometimes we just help it along for the better of our own existince.

Irish
    I have had pet rats too. Hell I even had pet raccoons that even lived in my room. Doesn't change anything. Now if I see one in the woods or something sure I'll sit and watch it but if there are thousands of them all stuffed in a couple acres destroying my crops, making huge holes for my cattle to brake the legs of my cattle I am going to be pissed. Cows cost alot of money. They are the economy out there. If you have a cow break it's leg usually they have to be put down. Most of the time before they reach their true weight where it is worthwhile to raise them. or they can't eat cause all the food is gone because of the prairie dogs. So if the farmer is losing money where he can't keep food on the table he has to get rid of the prairie dogs. Follow me so far? Now he is losing money which means he doesn't have enough to be nice to them by sucking them up for $100+ each. And I am pretty sure they don't want to move the problem else where for some one else to deal with. So they try poison. Is that anymore critter friendly to have your stomachs feel like battery acid burning you from the inside out while you own critter family is suffering the same. Sure it gets rid of them but what of the other animals that might be shareing the hole with them. For instance the ground owl or foxes, They would die to by either eating the poison or the poisoned varmints. So the only sure fire way to get rid of just the dogs is to shoot them one at a time. but that too gets expensive. so why not find some people to help the farmer out AND make some money on the side that will help him out of the debt that the prairie dogs caused. I dought they feel the bullet and it is quick and painless. This is why I don't see the big deal about helping my fellow man. Population control is a fact of life. sometimes we just help it along for the better of our own existince.
    Shooting them as a way of population control is not something I am against... Getting off on using .50 cal ammo to do it so they blow up... ='s no respect which is something I am NOT cool with.

"Oh the humanity," huh? And what was wrong with that, again? Or are you just trying to look "cool" by being sarcastic? That's kinda junior-high mentality, IMO....

"Oh the humanity," huh? And what was wrong with that, again? Or are you just trying to look "cool" by being sarcastic? That's kinda junior-high mentality, IMO....
    Riiiiiiiight because no one outside of junior high school jokes around. Even if it is at another's expense. Boy you really took that one in the ass didn't ya!!

If you have ever shot a .50 you would realize any target you have in front of you would cause a wave of euphoria, Even full cans of soda.

With my aim, I wouldn't even trust myself with a BB gun.

So is the reason you are against this is really the fact that you never really got to shoot a gun and you don't understand the thrill of pulling the trigger?

If you have ever shot a .50 you would realize any target you have in front of you would cause a wave of euphoria, Even full cans of soda.

Anytime anyone wants to give it a try I have one in pistol variety, and yes shooting cans, milk jugs full of water, paper targets at close range, and all kinds of other inanimate objects cause the kind of destruction that make me giggle like a little girl.....

Irish
    I have.

No, I'm not against it because of the guns, or the hunting, or anything other than the fact that I just think people ought to grow up and take stuff a little more seriously, the taking of any life should be treated with a little more respect than laughting like a goon. There, now I'm finished with this thread too, and I think ANY threads in the future relating to prairie dogs.........