Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ted thompson is a moron. our backups didn't do so hot. not like we are gonna see much from those who do start in the first preseason game.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    they were second in available cap space this season and Thompson didn't bring in anyone. They were $32.5 million with out him, and $20 mil with.

Thompson will never sign a high priced free agent. He doesn't like free agents. The last 3 years they've had plenty of cap space and he's not brought anyone in.
    I agree, his ass has his name on a .44 bullet somewhere!

Unless, they are playing it smart and waiting to see what happens with this season. If everything goes well and we show signs of greatness, i could def see them going out and picking someone out to fill a gap.

If not, why spend that kinda money on a team that isnt going to go anywhere in the end and save for next year? idk maybe he's just an idiot but i really hope he is thinking like i said he is! lol
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    But isn't it weird a team 3 poitns away from the Super Bowl doesn't spend any money to get them over the hump? Under normal circumstances this is when a team goes for broke because the window is very small.

I personally think the Packers realize last year was an abberation and that they don't think they are as good as other people think they are.

Only Thompson knows what he knows. I would just think that if you're wanting your prized first round pick QB to succeed that you'd make sure he had all the tools to do so. And so far I think the middle of the OL is still very young and unsettled and if they can't plug that hole, Rodgers is going to be in trouble. And people will be down on him and Thompson.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Another thing to note about the young OL, if they dont start learning how to block on a f-ing screen play im personally going up to GB and slapping the offensive Cord. in the face.

Last year they had a higher % of no gain or less than 5 yards than getting an actually first down. That is pathetic. I remember watching 4 or 5 screens that the ONLY defender in the area was able to make a play and stop the runner. WTF 4 OL's running down the field against 1 DL and he gets the runner?????

i will agree that i hate TT and i think he's an idiot. I also agree he needs to learn how to spend some money on free agents

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

that frickin idiot has been a cancer for so long!! i can name numerous busts that this nob has drafted. and oh btw is there such thing as the packers signing a free agent?? i really think we should pick up culpepper!! would make a great backup with the experience and definitely could take over as starter. he did so horrible in oakland because lets be serious, the raiders suck.
    2001 Bonneville SSEI (AKA JUNK)
    2002 35th Aniv Camaro Z28
    1999 Cavalier Z24 5 spd
    1995 Camaro Z28 (rip)
    1993 Eclipse GSX (project)

Quote Originally Posted by mrz28M6 View Post
    i really think we should pick up culpepper!! would make a great backup with the experience and definitely could take over as starter.
    They tried that about 2 months ago. He came in and trained, they put him throught the drills and offered him a one year deal for 1 million. He turned it down cause it was not enough and also he wants a starting position.

Also he may be playing opossum (sp?) simply for the fact that he didn't want to go through the training camp and also would be possibley offered more if Green Bay is stuck bewteen a roack and hard spot. He could come back and offer his services again to the Packers and maybe then he would sign a deal.

They really need to get a seasoned veteran behind Rodgers.

He was never the same after taking that blow to his knee in Minnesota, Im actually really suprised that he made it back into the league too. Thats not an injury that a lot of people can over come and still play in the NFL mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    This proves nothing......What proves a QB imo is when there down by 7, 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.......THEN we'll see who "composed" "patient" he is. That makes a QB. Sad to say it.....even the top Football annoucers say it...Favre was the BEST at that, All time!
    I hate to say this as much as I hate the patriots (chargers fan) but tom brady is probably the best ive seen when it comes to being composed and winning games in those situations. When you are playing tom brady...the game is never over...and god do I hate him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
    I hate to say this as much as I hate the patriots (chargers fan) but tom brady is probably the best ive seen when it comes to being composed and winning games in those situations. When you are playing tom brady...the game is never over...and god do I hate him!!!
    Giants exposed Tom Bradys weakness in the super bowl this past season.

If you break the line and get to him and know him donw once or twice he gets really flustered and starts throwing ints and uncompleted passes.

Break the line and get in his face and he will crumble. He is human just like the rest of us.

Did you also see the 75 yard bomb that went 65 yards in the air? Or the 35 yard bullet TD pass? Or the 3 TD's he scored in the 2 minute drill yesterday?

I recall seeing Rodgers throw an INT last night as well, and a couple during the scrimmage.
    You really are mr. negative aren't you? Can't you just give the guy a chance instead of being a negative ****?

He didn't throw an interception, the ball was given up by the receiver. Does it show up as an interception? Yes, it technically does, but instead of being a shithead about it why don't you admit that it wasn't his fault instead of using it as some negative way to attack him? And yes, I know Favre has thrown interceptions that weren't his fault either blah blah blah

Quit being a *****
    -Tyler

I'm not being negative. BadassGT was being negative about Favre I was just pointing out that it's not like Rodgers was perfect either. He's the one who made a comment about Favre making it sound like he was only throwing picks now with the Jets.

I even complimented Rodgers in an earlier post.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    game was ok. still pre-season yet. not worried.

what i should of did was get a few of my friends together and played a drinking game. everytime the announcers would say brett favre you take a shot. everyone would have all been puking by half time!!!

Yeah, I just like trashing Favre. The guy is a jerkoff as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not being negative. BadassGT was being negative about Favre I was just pointing out that it's not like Rodgers was perfect either. He's the one who made a comment about Favre making it sound like he was only throwing picks now with the Jets.

I even complimented Rodgers in an earlier post.
    In previous threads it just seemed like you hated the fact that rodgers was starting and you were just being a Favre nutswinger. I apologize for getting so upset over it, I just pisses me off that some people just haven't moved on yet and won't give the guy a chance. If that's not you, great, just the vibe I got.
    -Tyler

Oh I still don't like Rodgers don't worry. I'm still a Favre nutswinger. But I'll try to be fair and balanced.... for now.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity_mach1 View Post
    game was ok. still pre-season yet. not worried.

what i should of did was get a few of my friends together and played a drinking game. everytime the announcers would say brett favre you take a shot. everyone would have all been puking by half time!!!
    lol Now thats a helluva an idea!

Post whore
    Aaron rodgers is gonna be a good qb it might take til mid season or next, but he is gonna be good. Its funny how all the favre lovers hate rodgers...
    Just a ten second neon

Quote Originally Posted by 1siksrt View Post
    Aaron rodgers is gonna be a good qb it might take til mid season or next, but he is gonna be good. Its funny how all the favre lovers hate rodgers...
    Let him make it thru a season before putting his bust in Canton.

I think 23 other teams hated him too.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

23 other teams were pretty solid at qb too. It was a pretty weak draft in all
    -Tyler