Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well a pretty damn good start.

Rodgers looked pretty good. He looked very calm and collect in the pocket. He wasn't running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

He made some damn nice passes that should have been caught, but then again its pre season.

The one interception however was not his fault. I forgot who the reciever was but it got tipped by him. It clearly should have been caught, it went right into his hands and out.

I've been all for Rogers and so far Im not disappointed.

We will see though, playing under real pressure in a real game will be the true deciding factor. Then we will see if he crumbles.
    Last edited by Nix; 08-11-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: spelling

He looked pretty good out there, at least its preseason so that interception doesn't count haha. That was completely the receivers fault.
    -Tyler

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Was okay. Nothing great, nothing terrible. He's missing some guys, and Cincy's defense was one of the worst a year ago.

Most importantly he looks to be still healthy. Which is my biggest concern. I think he has some talent. But talent doesn't mean much if you can't answer the bell every week.

They need to get a backup QB though. They cannot go into the season with what they have.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I'm not going to jump the gun on Rodgers. He looked solid. I'm excited to see him play, because he's more mobile in the pocket than favre is, and rodgers isn't afraid to scramble. However tht worries me at the same time because rodgers sometimes like to get hurt so....yea.

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    the end is near,can you smell it?

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

This proves nothing......What proves a QB imo is when there down by 7, 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.......THEN we'll see who "composed" "patient" he is. That makes a QB. Sad to say it.....even the top Football annoucers say it...Favre was the BEST at that, All time!
    Last edited by Smokey1226; 08-11-2008 at 11:09 PM.
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    The fail boat has arrived Rodgers is just in line for his ticket,it will set sail soon enough with him on it.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

One of the times he got hit after throwing he got up and grabbed his hand I was like oh here we go hes hurt already. But he came back in and did an ok job. Still think it was stupid of the packers to get rid of Brett.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    Favre was the BEST at that, All time!
    Always there to throw an interception right when its all on the line!

LOL, how about Brett's first day as a Jet? Anyone see the INT he throw in practice? There's a shock.....

bring Trent Dilfer to Green Bay...always seems to replace the starter and somehow win games for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Always there to throw an interception right when its all on the line!

LOL, how about Brett's first day as a Jet? Anyone see the INT he throw in practice? There's a shock.....
    Did you also see the 75 yard bomb that went 65 yards in the air? Or the 35 yard bullet TD pass? Or the 3 TD's he scored in the 2 minute drill yesterday?

I recall seeing Rodgers throw an INT last night as well, and a couple during the scrimmage.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

i'm not putting all of the blame on rogers for the Int. last night, it was right off the receivers hands, who should have caught it. Fact is, rodgers looked "decent" for a pre-season game. this isn't about favre.

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltSSTuner View Post
    i'm not putting all of the blame on rogers for the Int. last night, it was right off the receivers hands, who should have caught it. Fact is, rodgers looked "decent" for a pre-season game. this isn't about favre.
    In the stats, it's an INT. Favre had lots of those in his career, and they still count the same so I'm just keeping it fair. I wish they'd change that stat so that if it does hit a WR in the hands it's not on the QB.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

why do people compare a seasoned veteran to a damm near rookie? farve sucked when he was at atl waaaay back, didnt he? rodgers would need a season at least to get his receivers up to speed with him.

good call^^

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

I have always been 'on the fence' with Rodgers (mainly because of injuries) but will say right now that if he can stay healthy the Packers will have ANOTHER great season.....

If he does get injured I will just pray to the football gods.....

After watching MULITPLE re-runs of the game last night (as i was at work and didnt get to watch it)......I'm EXTREMELY excited to see McCarthy pulling out the 5 wide WR's.

I dont care Who is our QB, if they can throw 7 yards and be accurate the Packers will win!

Let the WR's we have to do the work. Martin/Jones/Driver/jennings/Koro do their job and we will win.

I was praying that just because Brett Left, they werent going to go away from the 5 wide. And last night proved it's here to stay! I'm All for Rodgers if he keeps his ego in check and sticks with the 7-8 yard completions!

Didn't favre have about a 72% or so passer rating his first year with green bay?

also I believe since 05 he has around 67 tds and about 62 ints.

I like Favre but the time for change has come and its undeniable. Its life..

Time for a new chapter in the frozen tundra.

I agree, mainly because him leaving opened up HUGE cap room and its time to bring in a Champ Bailey type CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    I agree, mainly because him leaving opened up HUGE cap room and its time to bring in a Champ Bailey type CB.
    they were second in available cap space this season and Thompson didn't bring in anyone. They were $32.5 million with out him, and $20 mil with.

Thompson will never sign a high priced free agent. He doesn't like free agents. The last 3 years they've had plenty of cap space and he's not brought anyone in.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.