Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nramlow2006 View Post
    whatever. either way ill own a favre jersey from the jets.. and ill wear it to every home game. i go to
    i don't know...80+$$$$$ for a jersey...have to think about that...oh that's right...i don't pay full retail...
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMPS SS View Post
    i don't know...80+$$$$$ for a jersey...have to think about that...oh that's right...i don't pay full retail...
    Hook your grandson up would ya Grandpa Wayne?
    2011 Chevy Malibu

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    hook a ramlow up ...

I could use some #4 asswipe to Wayne....

Someone told me that the year Favre got drafted by falcons they where going to pick some other guy and the jets wanted Favre. Unexpectedly the Falcons took Favre and the jets had the next pick. I dont know who they picked and who cares. But the point of this story is that Ron wolf was the GM of the jets at that time. He left got fired whatever. Wolf ended up in green bay and traded for Favre. So all in all Favre could have been a Jet for his hole career and the packers would have probably sucked for another decade...

I find it very funny to read some of the responses from the Brett Favre nutswingers. Last year were you a Brett Favre fan or were you a Green Bay Packer fan? How about this year? What has Brett done for the team by himself? How many TD's did he catch? He many passes did he pick off? How many QBs did he sack? Its a team effort, not a single guy doing it. Now some of you are gonna buy #4 Jets jerseys? I guess last year you werent Packer fans, you were Favre fans huh?
    Last edited by badass88gt; 08-08-2008 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    I find it very funny to read some of the responses from the Brett Favre nutswingers. Last year were you a Brett Favre fan or were you a Green Bay Packer fan? How about this year? What has Brett done for the team by himself? How many TD's did he catch? He many passes did he pick off? How many QBs did he sack? Its a team effort, not a single guy doing it. Now some of you are gonna buy #4 Jets kerseys? I guess last year you werent Packer fans, you were Favre fans huh?
    Well anyone who is a true packer fan is a favre fan considering they had how many losing seasons before he got there? And how many winning seasons did the packers have with him? They guy has broken every record there is. Those reasons could be why there are so many nutswingers.

But to follow him to another team must mean one isnt much of a Packer fan. A true fan (like you said) was a fan before him and will be after him.

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    FVCK Ted Thompson that son of a *****!!
    QFT
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    I find it very funny to read some of the responses from the Brett Favre nutswingers. Last year were you a Brett Favre fan or were you a Green Bay Packer fan? How about this year? What has Brett done for the team by himself? How many TD's did he catch? He many passes did he pick off? How many QBs did he sack? Its a team effort, not a single guy doing it. Now some of you are gonna buy #4 Jets jerseys? I guess last year you werent Packer fans, you were Favre fans huh?
    im a favre and a packers fan.. if you cameover to my house you would defiantly see that . its just odd for me a 20 some odd old to see the only quarterback i have ever know leave.. im a little bitter at both Ted Thompson and Brett favre. but im still incredibly excited to see this team of young guns play this season

Always been a Packer fan, well before Brett was here. I am also a Favre fan, and will continue to be. He's a hall of fame QB and was fun to watch while he was here. Painful at times too.

Just look at who and what he brought to the team over his 16 years. The players that actually wanted to play in Green Bay, the stadium renovations, and so on. It is a team sport I agree, but with less of a quarterback that team would have continued in mediocrity throught the 90's until now.
    2011 Chevy Malibu

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    What did Brett do last year? I seem to remember them not being able to run the football at all until midseason. They asked Brett to throw nearly 50 times a game. They stopped even trying to run the football, and Favre won those games for them. Hard for a WR to catch a ball if it's not thrown to him.

I've always been a fan of both, but the way the Packers handled this situation makes me less a fan of them.

And yes I have a #4 Jets jersey already ordered.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

damn i hope they have more nationally televised jet games this year...i don't wanna have to get nfl ticket just to watch him.....
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

ProjectCamaro.com ProjectCamaro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    That is so wrong it's not even funny. He's said time and time again that he was okay with the Packers moving on. All he wanted was to play football, and get his release to do so. The Packers are the ones who dragged this out. Had they just said, ok, you're released this would have been over a long time ago. Instead they dragged it out.

If it wasn't for Favre finally filing for reinstatement this would have dragged out even longer.
    Of course that's what Favre said. If there's ever fight between two people and you ask one of them it is ALWAYS the other person's fault. What would you expect him to say?!

I stand by my saying, screw Favre and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    RedLS1.com
    Because You Can Never Modify To Many Camaro's

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    What do you mean of course that's what Favre said. That's what happend. He wanted to come back and play. They said no. There's no he said, she said in that.

All the other stuff about lies, and whatever. Yes that has 2 sides of the story. But the actual Favre wanting to play, and the Packers not letting him is a fact. For the love of god they offered him $25 million to stay retired.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

But to follow him to another team must mean one isnt much of a Packer fan. A true fan (like you said) was a fan before him and will be after him.
    You make a good point there. But packer fans would have to like favre for what he's done for the organization.

Being a Packers fan helped make me a Favre fan. Now that he's gone, I'm still a fan of both. Bet your ass when I go to Lambeau this year, I'll probably wear my Packers Favre jersey once and my Jets Favre jersey another time.

That is so wrong it's not even funny. He's said time and time again that he was okay with the Packers moving on. All he wanted was to play football, and get his release to do so. The Packers are the ones who dragged this out. Had they just said, ok, you're released this would have been over a long time ago. Instead they dragged it out.

If it wasn't for Favre finally filing for reinstatement this would have dragged out even longer.
    Well, as long as you're into giving shit away. Put tons of effort and $$$ into your car and then just hand it over to the first guy in line who wants it!! Or, would it make more sense to get something for your time and effort. At the NFL level it's not just a game, it's an industry and for the players it's a job. I don't know of any company that turns a profit giving shit away.

What do you mean of course that's what Favre said. That's what happend. He wanted to come back and play. They said no. There's no he said, she said in that.
    WRONG!!!

Two weeks after retiring he said he wanted to come back and the Packers jumped through hoops to get it done for him. Then the night before he was to board the privately chartered jet to get him back here to sign he said, "Forget it I don't want to play, I'm staying retired and that's my final answer." The Packers said are your sure and he said YUP!!. 3 months later he says, shit I wanna play. The Packers say, we've been down this road and now we're committed to Rodgers, take a hike and then the crybaby whining starts. I say GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH!!! He's NY's problem now!!

Quote Originally Posted by LastInLine View Post
    But packer fans
    Nope not a fan at all!!!