Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    <-- ignorant Favre fan here.

Duley noted, I will bash on you then when I see you at the Pontiac show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix2Kta View Post
    I will for sure get a Favre Bucineers Jersey.

The PAckers don't need him to win, thats what so many people don't understand. He has been holding that franchise hostage for too long.

He will go down as one of the greatest if not the greatest in my book regardless.

Its just a shame he had to act like such a child.
    I agree 100 %

Senior Member..now yer posting! Z06 KID's Avatar
    whatever dude. ill always be a favre fan, who hasnt at one time or another. still wish this was all done then
    2009 toyota corolla XRS (trade in)
    2012 SWP STI W/nav
    1972 chevrolet nova (dad's, but i found it)

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    I agree 100 %

x2
    2012 SWP STI W/nav

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Okay I missed the whole comment how the Packers don't need Favre to win. LMAO. Who carried them the first half of last season when they had no running game? Favre was throwing 40-50 times game, and the other team knew they could not run. And in the playoff game they lost, where was that great running game?

This team has not 1 player in the top 5 at any position. Their 2 CB's looked older the Favre in the playoffs. They have a pretty tough schedule and they won't get all the breaks they did last year, like playing teams at the right time, and having no injuries.

I think even with Favre they don't win more then 9 games. Without him I doubt they see 6, especially since Brohm will be starting before October ends.

The fact is the Packers should have just released him and avoided all this drama. If they didn't want him, then let him go play somewhere else. I get the feeling that sportsfans in this state get way too butthurt over their players. They ***** about Favre being a baby, but then they don't even see the other side of it. Had Favre been busted for drugs and suspended for the year fans would have kissed his ass when he came back. But since he made a bad decision to retire everyone get's butthurt cause he wants to play again and realizes that the Packers have moved on. That's pretty ridiculous. It's not a big deal if a player plays for another team. It's not a big deal if someone unretires. Happens all the time in sports and in real life. The Packers are the ones stretching this out so much.
    Last edited by Karps TA; 08-06-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

anyone who says that ted thompson and the packers are not to blame for all this drama are the ignorant ones. just because you watch football does not make you knowledgeable about it. glad to see their are some sane people who agree with me. karps good points. lol
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    anyone who says that ted thompson and the packers are not to blame for all this drama are the ignorant ones. just because you watch football does not make you knowledgeable about it. glad to see their are some sane people who agree with me. karps good points. lol

agreed, with yours and karps input
    2012 SWP STI W/nav

the packers are still my favorite team but i feel they will obviously be a lesser team without him. as stated in alot of previous posts rodgers has not shown any sort of durability. he pulled hi shamstring riding the pine. seriously. just dealing with football on a semi-pro level, which i can speak from experience, i had to pay my league to play and you should have seen what the teams did to their players or for themselves. i can only imagine the lengths gone to when the players are getting paid. favre dealt with it the way he felt was best, could he have handled some stuff differently, yes but i still feel he handled it decently and i know there are some underlying circumstances that the public will never know about or won't come out for a long long time. you can't put it any simpler then "hey i changed my mind i wanna play again, if you want me to play for you great if not please let me play somewhere else."
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Here, I made the comments that I made cuase' of this simple statement from Z06Kid "Quote" I Blame ted thompson"

Anyone who thinks that is the sole reson for this and its all cause' of him and the franchise as a whole they are braindead for thinking that.

He had just as much to do with it if not more.

Also read the previous posts, I do like Favre but I along with many of other people are sick and tired of this drama and want it over.

All done now.

A) done a lot better in the draft
    This is untrue. Ted Thompson and McCarthy said that they did not draft QB's as a result of Favre retiring. They ALWAYS take what they believe to be the best talent in the draft, no matter what position they happen to play. They have been drafting like this for years.

As I have stated 1000x before, almost ever great athlete has played for more than 1 team. Joe Montana took the Kansas City Chiefs to the AFC championship game after leaving the 49ers, Jordan got the Wizards to the playoffs, Jerry Rice played for several years after leaving the 49ers.

What I don't understand, and would like to hear an answer to is this. Mr Thompson, in every pole that I have seen, the FANS have picked Favre 2 to 1 over Rodgers as to who they would like to see start as QB for the Packers this year. Why are the fans not getting what they want here? Do you honestly believe that Rodgers gives them a better chance to win that Favre? Please.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    They needed to draft a QB regardless of Favre. They only had Rodgers as a backup. And as stated many times, he can't stay healthy even backing up. Plus like Caddy said, "best player available" is Thompson's motto. He repeated that constantly when he drafted Rodgers, when a QB was one of the last things the Packers needed that year.

This whole situation became personal. Which is something to blame Favre for. Sports is a business, and not personal. But he is an emotional guy and let it get to him. And I'm willing to bet that Thompson said something to him a couple years ago that has been festering with Favre since then. Add in the other lies Thompson has told him, and whatever bridge that was there got burned to the ground.

McCarthy isn't much different. Take his press conference yesterday. Where he says his version of the truth and Favres are very different. Then he goes and says he has no idea what Thompson and Favre discussed yesterday, despite the fact that the press conference was an hour late cause McCarthy was being briefed by Thompson. Sounds like a lie to me.

Add in the ridiculous offer by the Packers to buy Favre off. How crazy is that? That sounds like a bribe. Something the mafia would do, not an outstanding professional sports organization. That move there was the final straw for me. It was designed purely to make Favre look like the bad guy, cause if he took the money then the Packers could say it was all about the money, not a desire to play. The Packers have done everything they can, including now hire the ex White House correspondent Ari Fliescher to try and spin this situation.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

ProjectCamaro.com ProjectCamaro's Avatar
    GOOD BYE! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I was a huge Favre fan but when he acts like a baby like this then please leave. Is he going to do this with the Bucs every year when he decides to retire every year but then come back?
    RedLS1.com
    Because You Can Never Modify To Many Camaro's

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    sahweet,i can only hope the bucs win no games this year except the one in green bay. i hope its 42-0 bucs over green bay lol

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Football is gay. Turn the stadium into a dirtbike track.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    sahweet,i can only hope the bucs win no games this year except the one in green bay. i hope its 42-0 bucs over green bay lol
    Cowboys are lookin' good this year.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

I don't know all the facts or who is telling the truth on what happened and neither do you guys. I'm from Wisconsin and will continue to be a Packer fan. BUT, I will also keep tabs on Brett because he gave me alot of good years as a fan and I give the guy credit for being able to play in the league at a high level at his age.
    2011 Chevy Malibu

WHAT??????

i haven't heard anything about this. i thought he was retired?

personally it will be tough to see him in a different jersey, but i would rather see him in a bucs jersey than a packers jersey this next season. he is a grown adult for christ's sake, he should act like one. weeping and sobbing, and talking through reporters and family members, he is acting like a high schooler. i am not saying that thompson has done it totally right, but unfortunatly thompson is the boss, he CAN do what he wants. favre was an employee of the team, it seems that he forgot that. just my .02.

you sound like fvcking bears fan.... they could go 2-14 but as long as those 2 wins were against the pack then they're happy
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

sahweet,i cen onle hop the buks win no gamz this yere except the one in grene bey. i hope its 42-0 buks ovur grene byy lol

no.....now he sounds like a bears fan

Yaaa now that the evil Brett is gone we can go back to the glory days of the 70's and 80's.
    I'll be surprised if they win more than 4 games this year, probably more like 2. Thompson's a d-bag. Choosing a guy that gets hurt putting on his pants and can't get of 50% of the passes complete in a scrimmage against your own 2nd string defense, over a hall of fameQB that has started everygame is stupid. Rodgers won't make it out of October, probably not even out of pre season.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now