Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know airsoft???

Me and a few freinds are looking to get into air soft guns and were looking more into the high end elec. ones. Just wanted to know if any one knows more about them and what to look for. Were now looking to spend a huge amount to get into it but i'm not shure the $100 gun is going to perform the same as a $150 or $250 gun i don't know the differences i'm looking for an M4 my self or M16 i like the feel of them as i've been to gander mountain and held those. But searching online has me confused. Any sites and info is apreciated thanks in advance
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I ordered mine from here I guess there are some local shops that still sell them but RedWolf was a good site to order from. I have H&K G36C not upgraded. My friend has a H&K G3 and its upgraded and that bia hurts to get shot with.

My G36c un-upgraded still has a bit of a bite to it. However I don't think it was cheap, $240 If you want an upgraded gun I would advise having someone do it. Redwolf does a great job and that's where my friend got his done

I have only done one match with the thing and have not been able to find many people to get into the game. My friend with the g3 are still looking for places to go.

Need any more information I can try to help
    "What goes around, comes around."

1993 Mazda Rx7 "The fun, impractical car"
    2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT "Daily Driver"

what the hell do you do with these things if i may ask?

Some people I went to HS with did a lot of CQB (close quarters battles) with them, they would find abonded warehouses or get permission from properties to play on them. The thing people have the biggest problem with in Airsoft is its on a Honor system, where you get shot and you leave the battle. Unlike with paintball you get shot and it can be seen. So its hard to find honest people to play airsoft with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRxForSpeeed View Post
    Some people I went to HS with did a lot of CQB (close quarters battles) with them, they would find abonded warehouses or get permission from properties to play on them. The thing people have the biggest problem with in Airsoft is its on a Honor system, where you get shot and you leave the battle. Unlike with paintball you get shot and it can be seen. So its hard to find honest people to play airsoft with.
    wow, i did not know that you actually played with them?!?!? yeah, i guess it would be pretty hard to tell if someone got hit. wow, i learned something today i guess.

Irish
    Couldn't you tell by the welts? Back in my day before paint ball and airsoft, we used BB guns and crab apples.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Couldn't you tell by the welts? Back in my day before paint ball and airsoft, we used BB guns and crab apples.
    damn right. bb gun wars!!! got a buddy with a dead eye from a long hard faught bb gun battle

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post

My friends upgraded G3 will leave big welts, but my stock g36c sometimes will not if you are wearing thicker clothing, unless you have it on full auto and unload my 600 round clip into someone in the same area

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    magazine

Quote Originally Posted by MurphysLaw88GT View Post
    magazine
    book

It's alot more fun to play with the real things, and not that much more expensive from what I see here. I bought my MP5 for $750, and my G3 for like $800. Granted, those were smoking deals but man, I just can't see paying that for a fake gun

And you could probably build a real M4 on the cheap for the $600 range BTW.

Now bob would you let me shoot you with a real M4 carbine? i don't feel the need to kill just the need to do some COD in my back yard lol when you die in COD you come back to life. When you shoot someone with a real M4 they don't come back
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    Now bob would you let me shoot you with a real M4 carbine? i don't feel the need to kill just the need to do some COD in my back yard lol when you die in COD you come back to life. When you shoot someone with a real M4 they don't come back
    You would have to wait in a LOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGG line buddy

But really it's fun to stop at any local supermarket, talk to the produce manager, get some semi-rotten fruit, head to your local blasting area and shoot some real stuff!!!! I can see the fun of airsoft to though, I just was suprised by the price tag, man that's ALOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    It's alot more fun to play with the real things, and not that much more expensive from what I see here. I bought my MP5 for $750, and my G3 for like $800. Granted, those were smoking deals but man, I just can't see paying that for a fake gun

And you could probably build a real M4 on the cheap for the $600 range BTW.

agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRxForSpeeed View Post

My friends upgraded G3 will leave big welts, but my stock g36c sometimes will not if you are wearing thicker clothing, unless you have it on full auto and unload my 600 round clip into someone in the same area
    book

Range outing few weeks ago...

Volvo + Tannerite = fun time
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    Ive been shot by cheapo $40 walmart airsoft guns, and let me tell ya, from 5ft away those ****ers can break skin (when shot on a bare leg or arm). Through clothing, not so much, but those ****ers can sting. If you get shot directly on your skin without any clothing covering it up, it would be hard not to show youve been shot, it stings.
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

BCM Cruiser
    i am heavily into airsoft. i got a tokyo marui sig552, and marui beretta m9. im kinda looking to sell though if your interested. pm me, we can set something up
    bewst. i haz it. yew needz it.

BCM Cruiser
    heres some pics of my sig552

bewst. i haz it. yew needz it.