Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wow how the sentiments have changed in 1 season. I remember before last year, EVERYONE wanted his ass gone.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    That's GB fans for the most part. Short term memories. Actually in all fairness it's probably most sports fans today.

People just assume that a team will find another QB quickly. Ask Miami how easy it's been since Marino left. Or Denver after Elway, or San Fran after Young, or heck Chicago after McMahon. Some teams in our division haven't had a good QB in 20 years plus.

I remember very well life before Favre as a Packer fan. Those were not good times.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

That magic was 6 months ago and truthfully, in the bitter cold NFC Championship game, he looked old and cold and not happy to be there. As did he in the shitty weather Bear game. Both of the young QB's on the other side in those games seemed to handle the elements better than he did. That's probably why he wants to go to MN to assure himself of playing 1/2 his games indoors. It's not a secret that as you get older, your body is less adaptable to extreme weather.

Has anyone ever made mention if he even stayed in shape this offseason? Tossing the rock around to a bunch of HS kids the past few weeks isn't how he probably typically prepared during the offseason.

He also had a really good O-Line who kept him on his feet for the most part.

I say both Farve and GB are being selfish at this point and it's just ruining the future these two (he and the team) will have with one another This is the type of guy you want hanging around your team 10-20 years from now like Bart Starr does today. You don't think this is lighting a match under the bridge??

^^ I cant argue with that. Your right, and no its def not a good thing. It's probably the worst thing the rest of the team wants in the locker room.

But on the other hand, i really think the ENTIRE team needs to sit down. That includes every player and really needs to talk about whats BEST for the team. Not whats best for the Business.

Now would something like that ever happen?!? Doubt it lol
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

I really think you guys are being too harsh on Rodgers. I think once the guy gets on the field week after week he will do just fine. He's had some stupid injuries, but how much "seat time" has he had? Give him a chance. Tell the crybaby whiny egomaniac to get bent. Put him back on the active roster and let him sit on the bench, and IF Rodgers gets hurt again, then Brett can hit the field.

Nope. Teddy T is runnin' Marshall Law now. I heard on 1250AM that the only receiver who hasn't crossed over and hopped aboard the Rodgers bandwagon 100% is Driver, which I guess is understandable.

Harsh on Rodgers? EVERY opportunity he's had he's gotten hurt. You can't win alot of games sitting on the sidelines with a boo boo.

Every preseason he was outplayed by the 3rd string guy with 3rd string talent.

Yes he played okay in Dallas, mostly cause he was running around, and Dallas just played prevent. When Dallas got out of prevent, they shut him right down.

I'm admittingly very biased though. I hated him as a draft pick. Wasn't impressed with him in college. So my expectations of the guy could not be lower unless he was missing an arm
    Last edited by Karps TA; 07-30-2008 at 04:51 PM.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

/\/\ could not have been said better. mccarthy wants to goto the superbowl, but we all know that wont happen with rodgers.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

It wont happen if they start Favre either. They have a much tougher schedule this year. I would also like to know why no one ever asks another very realistic question which is... What if Favre does start, and he gets hurt? Then what? Its not very probably, but it can happen at any time, especially at that age. Marino looked like a robot on the field when he was nearing the end of his career.

Marino also had an achilles injury and wasn't really mobile to begin with. His quick release was his escapability.

And if he gets hurt, then Rodgers gets to play, then Brohm gets to play the following week.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

thought he had in his contract ...a no trade clause.....if so...let his azz sit for 3 seasons...he has 2 years left on his contract...right??????? so 2 years is 3 seasons...let him rot on the bench.that way he won't throw anymore interceptions......or just frecking pay off his contract and let him go back to mississippi........i hate the #4 now....

if there was a trade..just say if...i heard tthis today which makes sence....the trade would be like a rummage sale..and an item for big $$$$$$$$$$$$ in on the table for sale...well they want to much for the item...so it doesn't sell..what happens to the item....it gets tossed in the GARBAGE...
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

On his way to Green Bay!
    2008 Bullitt

everyone's a scout when it comes to judging talent. Remember 17 years ago when everyone was on the "Magic Man" bandwagon, and cried the blues when he went down and this stupid redneck Favre loser came into the game? Nobody thought he'd turn out to be the player he is/was. Who's to say Rodger's wont end up being great?
    Favre will take "marketing/merchandise" contract and live happily ever after cutting down trees in Mississippi...collecting $2million a year for the next 10 years.
    Green Bay doesn't want him playing for another team simply because he generates WAYYY too much money for them, being associated with the Packers. That's all this is folks, just Green Bay covering their asses and trying to retain the Favre name.

Remember 17 years ago when everyone was on the "Magic Man" bandwagon, and cried the blues when he went down and this stupid redneck Favre loser came into the game? Nobody thought he'd turn out to be the player he is/was. Who's to say Rodger's wont end up being great?
    Remember when Rodgers came in for Favre last year and got hurt right away? Thats the difference. And thats a pretty BIG difference. Favre went in for Magic and won the game, and oh yeah, he played every single game after that for the next 17 years. Apples to oranges, always a fair comparison.

ProjectCamaro.com ProjectCamaro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 05caddyext View Post
    Remember when Rodgers came in for Favre last year and got hurt right away? Thats the difference. And thats a pretty BIG difference. Favre went in for Magic and won the game, and oh yeah, he played every single game after that for the next 17 years. Apples to oranges, always a fair comparison.
    Remember when Rogers came in for Favre against the Cowboy's? He out played Favre up and down the field.
    RedLS1.com
    Because You Can Never Modify To Many Camaro's

Right. No disputing that. And then he got hurt immediately. Wasn't it during that game? If not, it was during the week, because Favre started the next week, still injured.

man do you guys forget when Favre was hopped up on painkillers for a LONG time? Every qb gets hurts.

He was addicted to painkillers for awhile and he also drank a bit for awhile. I really can't fault him and give him credit for getting over that and being able to play at 39. Try running around in traffic with a sign that says " hit me " on your back and chest and see if you don't seek some relief. lol
    2011 Chevy Malibu

sorry but MANY other players play with pain also and I havent heard of too many that are addicted to painkillers. I know he is a GB hero but come on.....he is NOT a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    sorry but MANY other players play with pain also and I havent heard of too many that are addicted to painkillers. I know he is a GB hero but come on.....he is NOT a god.
    Totally agree, but I would bet that there are other players that have done the same or are doing the same. I am not excusing what he did, just trying to put it into perspective a little bit. He got over the painkillers and alcohol and has had a pretty good career. That's all I was saying.
    2011 Chevy Malibu