Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So Favre faxed his reinstatement papers...

....and now Green Bay has 24 hours to respond, either release him or return him to their active roster. Whatcha think will happen?

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    The Packers will excuse Favre from workouts, and nothing will happen for another 2 weeks until a QB get's hurt.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

they'll kiss his azz and let him throw another interception and screw them from another super bowl....i feel sorry for Rogers in all this..has a chance to be QB and #4 is stealing the thunder and spotlight...jmo...but can his azz,,,
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    bigger ? is who the fvck cares

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    bigger ? is who the fvck cares

I care. I'm not real interested in seeing us go through 5-6 years of our versions of Qunicy Carter, Drew Henson, Ryan Leaf, Anthony Wright, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Bledsoe...

I know it's coming regardless, but I'd like to hold it off as long as I can. Until Rodger shows he can answer the bell 2 weeks in a row, I'll never feel sorry for the guy.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

No sleep till Brooklyn Heat Seeker WS6's Avatar

Does Brett come on BCM? Thats GOTTA be where he's getting 'drama bug' from.
    100-0 faster than your 0-60

^^hahaha

I hope like hell they trade him or release him. I like brett favre, he's one of the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL, but he should have taken more time and thought about what he wanted to do before he gave his "retirement speech." He said he was going to retire, so the packers followed the necessary steps to pick up the "slack" that favre left behind. You can't tell Aaron rodgers that he is going to start, draft another QB in the draft, and then when brett favre's midlife crisis kicks in, tell rodgers to sit another year or so, thats wrong. And thats tough for me to say, being a favre fan.

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

Last edited by pOrk; 07-30-2008 at 12:20 PM.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMPS SS View Post
    i feel sorry for Rogers in all this..has a chance to be QB and #4 is stealing the thunder and spotlight...jmo...but can his azz,,,
    No sh!t.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

This is good news for the Bucs
    -Tyler

I think he'll be a Viking, a Packer, or stay a retiree.

Minnesota is only a QB away from being an actual contender. Their D is great and Adrian Peterson proved he was the real deal. It's been proven that Favre can make ho-hum wide receivers into studs.

I don't think he is very interested in a team missing all the pieces that TB or NYJ are. He's got 1 year, 2 tops and probably wants to go to a team that's on the cusp.

Whatever happens, I hope it happens soon because I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing about it every 3 minutes on Sportscenter....

i'm thinking tampa bay because gruden was his old coach!!
    2001 Bonneville SSEI (AKA JUNK)
    2002 35th Aniv Camaro Z28
    1999 Cavalier Z24 5 spd
    1995 Camaro Z28 (rip)
    1993 Eclipse GSX (project)

if they want a chance at winning they need to let him beat out rodgers for his starting job and win some games....rodgers pulled his hamstring sitting on the bench.....wonder what will happen when he has to take a real hit......favre FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Senior Member..now yer posting! Troutman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EYED View Post
    Whatever happens, I hope it happens soon because I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing about it every 3 minutes on Sportscenter....
    x2..hell id rather watch tournament poker highlights..than hear this Diva's named mentioned one more time

Man you guys dont watch a whole lotta sports do ya?

1) Ted T would NEVER trade him to Minny, not only because they are in our same division but becuse with brett they would atleast be a Playoff team. With being a playoff team their 1st round pick would be higher than 25 and most likely higher than our #1 would be with Rodgers at the helm.

That would be taking a step backwards.

2)They wouldnt go to Tampa either, because Gruden would never give up a #1 pick. With Garcia's performance late last year, and then causing drama if Favre went there it would be a bad move.

3) Favre would have to agree on any trade contract first.....no one is going to pay him HUGE $$$$ for only 1 year of work. Unless it was a team that had a chance to go to the superbowl this year only. So that takes the Jet's outta it, and Minny would be on the only one....but again Ted wouldnt accept their 1st Round pick for him its too late in the draft.

4) he will play for us, and share time with Rodgers. Rodgers will get hurt and Favre will lead us to NFC North championship.

kthx

Lastly- If any of you were true Packers Fans, you would honestly know what Favre has done for this team over the years. He deserves a Starting role at QB even if he was 50. He is a Top 5 QB of all time, and im My opinion the way he plays game in and game out he is the best of all time.

This year, with another year for the young Def (who is amazing), the young OL, and the amazing set of WR's it could be money!
    Last edited by Smokey1226; 07-30-2008 at 12:44 PM.
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

just let the guy play, they are obviously scared of him playing against him, so why not let him play for them. rodgers will get hurt rite away anyways.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

agree

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    rodgers will get hurt rite away anyways.

Yep, he will go out with a injury early in the season....

Im with you guys on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    Man you guys dont watch a whole lotta sports do ya?

1) Ted T would NEVER trade him to Minny, not only because they are in our same division but becuse with brett they would atleast be a Playoff team. With being a playoff team their 1st round pick would be higher than 25 and most likely higher than our #1 would be with Rodgers at the helm.

That would be taking a step backwards.

2)They wouldnt go to Tampa either, because Gruden would never give up a #1 pick. With Garcia's performance late last year, and then causing drama if Favre went there it would be a bad move.

3) Favre would have to agree on any trade contract first.....no one is going to pay him HUGE $$$$ for only 1 year of work. Unless it was a team that had a chance to go to the superbowl this year only. So that takes the Jet's outta it, and Minny would be on the only one....but again Ted wouldnt accept their 1st Round pick for him its too late in the draft.

4) he will play for us, and share time with Rodgers. Rodgers will get hurt and Favre will lead us to NFC North championship.

kthx

Lastly- If any of you were true Packers Fans, you would honestly know what Favre has done for this team over the years. He deserves a Starting role at QB even if he was 50. He is a Top 5 QB of all time, and im My opinion the way he plays game in and game out he is the best of all time.

This year, with another year for the young Def (who is amazing), the young OL, and the amazing set of WR's it could be money!

1. Whos to say that he can't/won't end up MN via another team. It'd be a lot of legal BS for GB to put all these restrictions on a trade. When you trade a player, it's the next teams decision what they want to do with him.

2. TB doesn't want Favre and Faver doesnt want TB at this point. Several teams other than MN have reached out to him/his agent and you know how many they've returned calls to???... zero.

3. You're right.. Favre can veto any trade. So if he's only got one team in his mind that he wants to go to, he can hold firm to that. At that point, the Packers will either have to have a $12M backup or just cut him loose.They might not have a choice where he ends up if he plays hardball about where he'd go.

4. The Packers no longer owe him anything. He gave a tear-filled heart-felt retirement speech, so they prepared to move on. That'd be like you leaving a company, they bring in a new guy, then 6 months later you miss it so you expect them to just let this other guy go because you want your job back. Plus, Ted Thompson wants to form his own legacy and #4 is the last remaining key piece of the Wolf era. So that brings up another analogy. You quit your job... you did a great job at it but your "boss" didn't like you for personal reasons but would never fire you because you did a great job so he does just enough (or doesn't do enough) to help you out so you end up wanting to quit... so now the boss gets his hand-picked selection in the driver's seat and you decide you want to come back. Of course, he's going to tell you to pound sand.

He may very well be the best option for the team but Ted Thompson is flexing his ego here and he seems to have Murphy's support.

The Packers have the cap room to leave Brett sit and he'll go friggin stir crazy if he's not playing. The man is nearing 40 years old. No matter how big of a stud someone is, age eventually catches up with you. Practicing with the backups isn't going to keep him sharp at his age.

Love the guy to death but if they don't want him, they owe it to him to set him out to pasture. If they're that afraid of him being such a playmaker still, why don't they just swallow their pride and take him back?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by 4EYED View Post
    Love the guy to death but if they don't want him, they owe it to him to set him out to pasture. If they're that afraid of him being such a playmaker still, why don't they just swallow their pride and take him back?!?!?
    Thats what im trying to say. If they are planning on going anywhere with Rodgers it isnt going to happen within 5 years. hell i dont even think he is good enough to ever get us to that point.

Anytime Favre is on the field something special can happen at any time.

I dont care if he is 40-45....when your that good you never lose your Vision. The key to working with someone who isnt young anymore is restructureing your playbook to work with whats going on. Look at what happened when they went 4 or 5 wide and got 10 yards at a crack. That happened game after game after game. Ya the Deep bombs are great but you can win championships with 8-10yards at a crack. They were quick plays, he never got hit, no chance of errors.

We all watched the same guy last year, we were 3 points within going to the SUPERBOWL.....yes the Superbowl. As a business man that Murphy is.....you wont make big money if your team isnt making it to the PLayoffs.

He can compete, hell Favre right now is STILL better than 3/4 of the QBs in the league! < you cant argue that! And still has a Brilliant way about him to make things happen. Underarm tosses, taking a hit and staying up, play action pass that puts Mannings to shame.