Thread: Problem!!!

Problem!!!

I have a problem with my bike.

I was riding through the parking lot of Oscar's on hwy100 and I rode over their speed bumps. This broke off the little nub to which the kick stand spring mounts. Now the kick stand won't stay up unless I have someone else connect the spring to the end of the kickstand and hook the other end to one of the control cables near the swing arm.

I am wondering if I should hold Oscar's accountable for the damage. I had even aimed towards the side of the speed bump where it was lower so that I would not ride over the top of it in the center. If I had not done that, it probably would have caught the frame!
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    I have a problem with my bike.

I was riding through the parking lot of Oscar's on hwy100 and I rode over their speed bumps. This broke off the little nub to which the kick stand spring mounts. Now the kick stand won't stay up unless I have someone else connect the spring to the end of the kickstand and hook the other end to one of the control cables near the swing arm.

I am wondering if I should hold Oscar's accountable for the damage. I had even aimed towards the side of the speed bump where it was lower so that I would not ride over the top of it in the center. If I had not done that, it probably would have caught the frame!
    Good luck with holding them accountable....

Just carry a swingarm stand around with you and forget the kickstand..

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    weld a washer to it,paint it hook it back up and call it a day

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    weld a washer to it,paint it hook it back up and call it a day
    I think I'll do that instead.

Supposedly, the stealership fixes this by welding a whole new jiffy stand assembly on.

When i had my 99 gsrx that was lowered i had to get off and walk it over those ans would still drag just a bit. its somethign you learn and remember not to do again
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    I don't think you have any chance of holding them accountable at all.

They'd state that you could have turned around and entered through the Hwy 100 entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    When i had my 99 gsrx that was lowered i had to get off and walk it over those ans would still drag just a bit. its somethign you learn and remember not to do again
    I guess that's going to be Saturday's lesson.

The spring attaches to a cast nub that has a habit of breaking on Sportsters. I'm going to drill and tap into the casting and replace it with a grade-8 bolt tomorrow morning.

I bet there would be some $$$ to be made if someone designed a guard for the underside of a Sportster.

always take lower vehicles in the hwy 100 entrance there my T/A will NOT clear that stupid bump anymore so i have to go the 100 route the gsxr i'll go over the bump lol

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    always take lower vehicles in the hwy 100 entrance there my T/A will NOT clear that stupid bump anymore so i have to go the 100 route the gsxr i'll go over the bump lol
    I went there on Tuesday and did that. In reality, I went in the entrance by international autos, pulled out on to hwy 100, and went back in the second entrance.

I wuznt 'bout to do a shitty in front of marty

Lol what ever works and doesn't get the bike banged up

I kinda had to set it on its side to fix this problem; but not for long and I had some cushins under it. I leaned it about 70 degrees to fix it.

Having an adult sized bike would avoid this issue all together.

any bike you have that sits low to the ground would suffer some kind or damage over speed bumps whether you choose to lower it that far is your call i my self used to have a lowered rocket that would drag the fairing everytime i gassed it raised it back up lower bikes do not handle very good at all lowered cars on the other hand do very well