Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cubs fans...

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

Cubs fans...

can you feel the pressure?!?!?!?

Only 3.5 back!!!!!

STL is 2.5 back.

*cough*CHOKE*cough*

still early... the brewers still gotta figure out their bull pen before they try making a run at the playoffs
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Apparently they just traded for Houston Street from the A's to help in the bullpen. Not confirmed yet, but rumour has it.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by crusin240hatch View Post
    still early... the brewers still gotta figure out their bull pen before they try making a run at the playoffs
    By the looks of it, every 5th day, it won't even be a factor (CC going the distance 2x in a row)

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Apparently they just traded for Houston Street from the A's to help in the bullpen. Not confirmed yet, but rumour has it.
    The Brewers did?

Thats all we need....another reliever with an ERA over 4.00

The guy has given up 8 hits and 4 ER's in his last 3 innings.
    Last edited by Lash; 07-19-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Looks like the trade was nixed. It was in the Brewers blog on JSonline yesterday.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Now it looks like we traded instead for SF 2nd baseman Ray Durham.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Does that mean Weeks goes bye bye or perhaps AAA where a .218 leadoff hitter should be headed....

Not right now, it means he has somebody behind him pushing him.

He doesn't need to away, he just needs to be put in the right spot in the order. He's not a leadoff hitter. He belongs in the 7 spot. Corey Hart should be leading off.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

durham can still hit, good player. he'll be a great addition. either he hits leadoff or he pushes Weeks and he starts hitting.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

CAN YOU SAY 2 GAMES NOW?? glad to see good ole harden get beat by old man river johnson which the brewers have shelled on a consitant basis this year!
    2001 Bonneville SSEI (AKA JUNK)
    2002 35th Aniv Camaro Z28
    1999 Cavalier Z24 5 spd
    1995 Camaro Z28 (rip)
    1993 Eclipse GSX (project)

in case you didn't watch the game harden didn't get beat by johnson you dumbass...harden made ONE mistake and bc the offense couldn't do sh!t all night he took the lose, but harden in no way lost that game
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

so he didnt get the loss dumbass? and johnson didnt get the win?? johnson didnt allow any runs, harden allowed 2 runs. or in your mind, harden made one mistake and johnson didnt make any.
    Last edited by mrz28M6; 07-22-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    2001 Bonneville SSEI (AKA JUNK)
    2002 35th Aniv Camaro Z28
    1999 Cavalier Z24 5 spd
    1995 Camaro Z28 (rip)
    1993 Eclipse GSX (project)

Just some news...

I heard on news talk radio that it will be hard for Cub fans to get tickets for the rest of the season because Milwaukee residents are buying out home games in advanced giving the cub fans a harder time to come up for a beer bath.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

pretty sad they gotta do it now to ensure that there's more brewers fans then cubs fans

I think it has more to do with the fact that the team is doing better and becoming more successful with recent wins, trades and all star section. You wont find the ticket windows open the day of the game anymore this season so your best beat is to purchase online. Cubs fans arn't smart enough to figure that out! haha
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

ouch, their newly aquired "ace" throws a 2 hitter and loses, then Kerry Wood goes on the DL, and the brewers are starting to catch fire....
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

^^^

By the way...

Brewers win tonight and the Cubs are losing 3-1 to ARI right now, hopefully after tonight will be one game behind!
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by theavenger333 View Post
    ouch, their newly aquired "ace" throws a 2 hitter and loses, then Kerry Wood goes on the DL, and the brewers are starting to catch fire....
    some baseball fan you are....kerry wood DIDN'T go on the DL, do some research before you post

what you mean by "ace"???? he's struck out 20 and given up ONE run in two starts....i'd have to say that's pretty damn good....and before you go a bring CC into this i know he's got 3 straight CG
    Last edited by flyin_blue_egg; 07-22-2008 at 10:23 PM.