Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar

5 years, 72.5 mil for Bogut??

Are you kidding me? $14 mil a year for Bogut??

How is that even possible. The guy is mediocre at absolute best.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Z06 KID's Avatar
    personally i like bogut and its good to know there putting some money into the team but i really dont think 14 million a year is necessary. WOW!!
    2009 toyota corolla XRS (trade in)
    2012 SWP STI W/nav
    1972 chevrolet nova (dad's, but i found it)

Really has the guy made the team any better the last 2 years? Were they so much better with him instead of guys like Dan Gadzuric? The guy to me seems no different then any other white backup center in the league. He's Joel Pryzbilla with a slightly better shot.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

ROFL....im going to keep my comments to myself on this one.

@ bogut.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't this a paycut for him? Like, he's making 16.5 or something now?

Problem is, for that amount, AND among free-agents who WANT to play here, who else are you going to get?

That's the catch 22 here...Bogut is like "G'day mate, I knows I'd make less elsewhere...but bloody hell, I'll take less to play elsewhere!"

Other guys of better talent probably say along the lines of "I know the max you can pay me and guess what? I still don't want to be in Milwaukee..."

Sadly, because the talented big guys are so rare (not saying bogut is terribly talented), even mediocre ones get big deals...and bigger deals STILL to come to hell holes like Milwaukee...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Kohls needs to pass on, or sell the team. He's no different the Bud Selig. Look what a decent owner has done for the Brewers.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

They were making fun of that deal on Sportscenter last night... then referenced some Buck big man that made huge bucks and was a fail, can't remember who.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Gadzuric. Bogut improved every year so far, but do i think he can improve enough to deserve 14mil a year? yikes. thats like double double average money. 15-20pts a game, 10 rebounds, a few blocks.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Talking

If Bogut is worth 14 mil - could play center for a mil or two (5'10 275)

Awful Awful Awful Awful Deal...

Quote Originally Posted by theavenger333 View Post
    Gadzuric. Bogut improved every year so far, but do i think he can improve enough to deserve 14mil a year? yikes. thats like double double average money. 15-20pts a game, 10 rebounds, a few blocks.
    He needs to show more then improvement for being 1st pick of the draft. The #3 pick took his team deep into the playoffs and is considered one of the best PG's in the game already. Passing up Chris Paul still ticks me off.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Hes Alright, But Def. Not Worth That. I call Him.... Bogus Bogut. (I know I am Not Very Creative.) Go Bucks