Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar

CC Sabathia is coming to Milwaukee

ESPN is saying the deal is all but signed. Looks like we're giving up LaPorte and some others. Which seems like a high price. I really thought LaPorte would be Prince's replacement. But it's just nice having a team - OWNER, willing to make the big deal to get the team better.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Like I saw someone say on ESPN, it would be nice to win the series in 2008 rather than 2014. Yeah, we are renting the guy for three months AND Ben Sheets is probably going away but look at what we can command in trades for those two. We have Yovani Gallardo back next year as well.

We won't command anything in trades for them. What we will have if they both leave, which is likely, is 5 of the top 35 picks in next years draft.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

LaPorta is an OF now, they said that once he moved he's more suited for the OF anyway. Karp is correct, for both Sabathia and Sheets we will get 2 or more first round draft picks each. we'll likely sign one of them.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

That was what i was kind of getting at trading for picks

knowing ben sheets he'll get hurt and miss the rest of the season....speaking of getting hurt im suprised he hasn't had some sort of freak injury this year yet
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Sheets won't get hurt now because you don't get vertigo or a split finger nail in a contract year. Sign Sabathia (it wasn't money he turned down in Cleveland, it was the length he was unhappy with), and let Ben go.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjburn View Post
    Sheets won't get hurt now because you don't get vertigo or a split finger nail in a contract year. Sign Sabathia (it wasn't money he turned down in Cleveland, it was the length he was unhappy with), and let Ben go.
    I agree 100%

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3475667
    Last edited by Lash; 07-06-2008 at 08:44 PM.

Unreal...

I wonder who the "other player(s)" to be traded as part of the deal are.

I can't beleive the amount of hate people have for Sheets. The guy has only been the best pitcher we've had in a decade. You guys hate on Gallardo too? They guy hasn't even pitched a season yet without getting hurt. And his was a real injury. Sheet's has had some bad luck. But when he pitches he's almost always lights out and saves the bullpen.

The Brewer's won't be resigning either of them. They have other guys they need to lock up before blowing $20-25 mil on pitchers.

The other players will be class A players you've likely never heard of.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Bill Hall...mark my words.

When we've needed Sheets the most he's ALAWYS pussed out with some little injury. Now that he wants to get paid, the puss bag is finally maning up. I can't stand babies....which is why I don't watch the NBA anymore either.
    Last edited by Lash; 07-06-2008 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post

I heard JJ? Get rid of Hall, Im suprised someone wants him. He has been doing decent as of late but he is never consistant.

Get him outta here.

its LaPorta, the 3B from Single A, and a player to be named
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post

When we've needed Sheets the most he's ALAWYS pussed out with some little injury. Now that he wants to get paid, the puss bag is finally maning up. I can't stand babies....which is why I don't watch the NBA anymore either.
    You throw a baseball 95 mph with a blister on the main finger it comes off once? Gimme a break. When have we needed him most? Last year was the first year in 10 years we even sniffed the playoffs. For years Sheets would be the only good thing about the team. He'd give up 2 runs a game while our crappy offense struggled to put 1 on the board.

And Bill Hall isn't getting traded to anyone. He has no value and a pretty big contract. Not too mention he kills lefty pitching. The platoon with him and Branyan is perfect.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I am excited about the Sabathia trade. Even if we're only renting him for 3 months, it's still cool to have my favorite player pitching for the home team!!!

from what I've read the brewers have no intentions of signing him to a longer contract, and sheets will also ask for way more than the brew crew will be looking to spend

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

looks like it's all or nothing this year!!! anyone have world series tickets??
    2001 Bonneville SSEI (AKA JUNK)
    2002 35th Aniv Camaro Z28
    1999 Cavalier Z24 5 spd
    1995 Camaro Z28 (rip)
    1993 Eclipse GSX (project)

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Sheets hasn't started more than 22 games in a year, or thrown more than 160 innings in one single season since signing his big 4 year deal. It's time to cut ties and let him go.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Z06 KID's Avatar
    so far im liking his pitching
    he does a pretty good job
    2009 toyota corolla XRS (trade in)
    2012 SWP STI W/nav
    1972 chevrolet nova (dad's, but i found it)

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    he did pretty well last night!! Good game all around
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed