Mark Martin to Hendrick in 09

What do you guys think of this?

He has not been full time since 05, I think.

And now we know Stewart will not be going there.

I think even at his AGE MM is still a top 10 driver. Casey Mears is not.

Hendricks stable just got STRONGER, but not as strong if Smoke would have signed on.

Stweart is to bull headeaded to work for Hendricks. Besides him and Jr would butt heads and ruin their friendship. I see DEI closing shop in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    I see DEI closing shop in 2010
    X2,look at who they have driving for them.I heard Truex was leaving,not sure if that's true or not.
    I'd love to see Martin FINALLY win his championship and maybe retire for good.
    Fred Cakanic III
    1998 Grand Prix GTX Daytona500 pace car959 of 150011.584@119.17
    http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/detail...ntOwnerID=2019

Senior Member..now yer posting! Z06 KID's Avatar
    mark martin is defanately better then mears but im not sure if it will help out hendricks at all
    2009 toyota corolla XRS (trade in)
    2012 SWP STI W/nav
    1972 chevrolet nova (dad's, but i found it)

Martin is a GOOD guy and has a loyal followingr... a helluva alot better than mears. Personally, I like Tony Stewart alot but MM is damm good too.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Ol' School
    they were talking at tonights race about how truex has a offer from dei but hasnt accepted as he is still listening to offers. Now he is about to possibly be docked points which could turn out to possibly hurt dei's chances to keep him on.

F*** though, being off 1/16th of a inch and they take your shit. DAMN

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    Sources confirmed to [Captain Thunder] that Newman is a done deal and an announcement is coming soon. What [Captain Thunder] also learned, is that Martin Truex Jr. may be joining Newman and Stewart. Sources said, Stewart is now looking to field a powerhouse three-car team, and sponsors are lining up to be a part of the newly formed venture. According to sources close to the situation, the Office Depot and Old Spice deals are set, but sources also said Burger King and UPS are working diligently with Stewart to sponsor his second and third racecars, if they can convince Truex Jr. to come along for the ride with Stewart HAAS Racing. Although DEI is working very hard to re-sign Truex Jr. and are throwing some huge numbers at the driver of the #1 Bass Pro Shops Chevy, Stewart is trying to convince Truex Jr. to join him and Newman at the newly formed Stewart HAAS Racing in hope of forming a powerhouse racing team. And, Truex Jr. may be ripe for the picking.(Captain Thunder Racing)(7-13-2008

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

That would be awesome! What would dei have left? Newman and Truex with Stewart would be great imo!
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    The bowties will have alot of good drivers.... we'll see
    DEI is...

Teresa Earnhardt Looking to sell DEI? UPDATE 2 Reports Refuted: Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway is reporting today that Teresa Earnhardt has enlisted the services of Bear, Stearns and Company [actally there is no more Bear Stearns as JP Morgan aquired them] to find a buyer -- or at least a major financial investor -- for Dale Earnhardt, Inc. Bear Stearns is an investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm based in New York City, and has been charged with finding a buyer for the entire operation. Barring that, Earnhardt is said to be interested in selling at least a minority interest in the team. DEI President of Global Operations Max Siegel declined to comment on the story when contacted earlier today.(Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway)(7-7-2008)
    UPDATE: Max Siegel, President of Global Operations at DEI is currently in negotiations with major investors to buy Teresa Earnhardt out of DEI, a source close to the negotiations said Monday. It appears now that Teresa is finally willing to sell, and Siegel is working diligently with a number of potential investors to take the company over. Sources said Siegel would not just be buying a portion of DEI or a controlling interest, rather, he would be buying the entire company. Sources said, Teresa has agreed to walk away from the company entirely for the right price. That price is supposedly somewhere between $115-$130 million dollars. With one exception...Teresa would retain the rights to all "Dale Earnhardt' and 'Intimidator' rights and merchandise sales. Siegel would only be buying the DEI race teams, and real estate including all race shops and the DEI headquarters in Mooresville, NC. Sources said Siegel is very serious about the purchase and appears to have investors salivating over the opportunity to own the legendary team. In addition, Teresa has grown more frustrated with NASCAR nation following her fall-out with the sports most popular driver, and wants nothing more than to be out of the public eye for good.(Captain Thunder Racing)(7-8-2008)
    UPDATE 2 reports refuted: Dale Earnhardt, Inc. is not for sale -- right now. DEI president Max Siegel on Tuesday refuted an Internet report that company owner Teresa Earnhardt had commissioned investment banking firm Bear, Stearns & Co., Inc. to locate a buyer or financial investment partner. "We have not engaged Bear, Stearns or Goldman Sachs or anyone else," Siegel said. "We are contacted all the time by outside firms about getting involved in the sport. We are not for sale right now. Nothing is imminent. Are we constantly weighing that as an option? Does that make sense? Quite frankly, we don't know," Siegel said. "Every team is looking for a way to bring in appropriate resources. Every single one. We haven't engaged anybody. People obviously approach us -- they're approaching everybody. We're looking to be around for a long time in future. We're feeling pretty damn good about where we're going, competition-wise." Siegel was forced to approach his driving corps with assurance that the team is currently not for sale. "I have assured them it's not true," Siegel said.(ESPN.com)(7-8-2008) Comment here

My guess Stremme, mears and mcdowell are all avail. Menards dad maybe brining his sponsorship to yates.

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

She should have just given the 51% to Jr.

Now it's going to be piece-mealed apart into nothing.

no shit. fugging bs unless seigel is willing to split it with jr.