Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think what people dont realize is sometimes accidents happen. Most people have only a very casual knowledge of the circumstances involved. For example, how many people know that Englishtown has a full 1/2 mile of shutdown area?

Longer shutdown isnt the answer. Neither is slowing them down or shortening the track. Give it 3 events, they will all be back up to 330mph in 1000'. AJ has already said their car has done 330 in 1000'. It wont take them long.

The good thing about the 1000' thing is it will keep the cars from leaning so hard on the rev limiters. That will lead to less parts failure, including tire and chute failures caused by exploding engines. That is the key to improving the safety of the sport.

I started watching the race today, gonna finish it later but the speeds there
    going it wont stop me from watching 1000' racing it looks wicked fast still.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Problem is, some tracks cant be given more shutdown. Englishtown is a perfect example. National Trail Raceway in Ohio is another, there is a road that CROSSES the track at the very end.

I dont see why 1000' would upset anyone. Cars will still hit almost 300mph, and can you really tell a difference between 300 and 330mph from teh stands?
    You dont see why 1000ft would upset anyone??? Umm Lets put it this way since you were a kid you liked Honey nut cheerios?? Now imma take away ur Honey nut and give you the shit ones with no honey. Well no big deal cause from across the table shit still looks like cheerios to me. Plain and simple there is alot of other ways to be safer than making the race shorter. And I mean we are doing 300+ MPH here, the facts are the sport is insanely scary and unsafe no matter what kind of things you add or take away. Risk=Fun
    Last edited by BigSnailBuick; 07-15-2008 at 04:09 PM.
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

You are aware that the 1000' rule is a temporary thing, arent you? I'm sure you are....