Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who in Southern WI does (good) tuning for turbo Ls1

Looking for a good tuner around southern WI to tune my 01 turbo'd z28.
    I searched and found Bad Ls1, emailed him and he never responded, so i'm trying to find out who else is capable of tuning.
    Cammed, bolt ons and a lot of suspension. 360/350

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Not to change the subject too much. There should be some people here which can get it tuned in for ya. What are you using to tune?

with that said:

Yeah sorry about not getting back to you, ive been out of town the past week for work with limited internet.

I dont have a dyno and can only do street tuning anyway. Besides im in the process of trying to get my own turbozilla up and going this week too. Not to mention im getting out of doing work for the general public's cars.

Maybe try forest at west bend dyno tuning?
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

habitual line-stepper Mr. Brett's Avatar

+130rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    with that said:
    Pics of what?

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Yeah sorry about not getting back to you, ive been out of town the past week for work with limited internet.

I dont have a dyno and can only do street tuning anyway. Besides im in the process of trying to get my own turbozilla up and going this week too. Not to mention im getting out of doing work for the general public's cars.

Maybe try forest at west bend dyno tuning?
    That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brett View Post
    +130rwhp

did you try Speed Inc? They are only an hour and a half away..Forest's shop is closer also at west bend dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by sworaz View Post
    Pics of what?

That sucks.

You can call me if u want, ill PM u back with my # and i can answer questions for you. I might be able to help yet.

the +130 rwhp is what his car car made after heads and cam and my tune through an auto.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

I would just take it to speed inc and have it tuned on a dyno. They did my twin setup and it runs great.

Pay the extra money and take it too SP (Sound Performance) Eng. in ILL those guys are GOD's with anything turboed. The only place ill take my stuff too
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    Pay the extra money and take it too SP (Sound Performance) Eng. in ILL those guys are GOD's with anything turboed. The only place ill take my stuff too
    X2 for Sound Performance.

they have a NASTY SBC turbo camaro in the works too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Pics of the setup!

And x3 if you are considering SP... although I think they are pretty busy as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Pics of the setup!

And x3 if you are considering SP... although I think they are pretty busy as of late.
    Thanks for the comments. I think if I was going to go to a shop Speed Inc would have my business.

ProjectCamaro.com ProjectCamaro's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear Tom isn't going to be doing work for the general public anymore. You did great work and worked fast as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HAMRHEAD View Post
    I would just take it to speed inc and have it tuned on a dyno. They did my twin setup and it runs great.
    Since Tom won't be doing it I suggest Speed Inc as well. They are the kings for blown LS1's.
    RedLS1.com
    Because You Can Never Modify To Many Camaro's

While it is a drive up north here, give Ed a call at Done Rite Automotive in Mosinee, WI. 715-693-5740.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    I can do it. I just did a vette that baselined 409rwhp and now is at 531rwhp.....tune only not to mention the blue monster that is on the dyno right now, looking likw 800rwhp is soon to come

Having previously owned 2 ls1's, one of which was procharged, I would only go to speed Inc. They probably have the largest ls1 based shop in the midwest and definately know what they're doing.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westybenddyno/forest View Post
    I can do it. I just did a vette that baselined 409rwhp and now is at 531rwhp.....tune only not to mention the blue monster that is on the dyno right now, looking likw 800rwhp is soon to come
    Was it only the tune that made all the HP or did you up the boost too? There seems to be a misunderstanding. I highly doubt ANY car could gain 122hp on tuning alone.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Breecher_7
    Well suprise suprise... I guess ill jump on the nutswinging bandwagon and say take it to West Bend Dyno. Ive seen them do quite a few turbo monsters so far and nothing but good results. Matter of fact, there should be another one leaving the shop either last night or today that could quite possilbly be the sleeper of the century......

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    If Tommy's out of the picture, then take it to Speed Inc.

They've done more LS1 turbo builds and have dyno tuned more LS1 turbo cars than anyone you'll find on this site.
    Just give them a call and make an appointment.
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage