Need advice on new bike

Ok with a bunch of stuff going on in my life I feel like now is the time to get a bike again. I'm not sure what to buy so would like some help. My last bike was an 06 honda cbr 600rr. I loved that bike but had to sell it due to my daughter. The only thing that bike lacked was power imo. Now I would like to step it up to a liter bike but would like some opinions. I've never riden a yamaha more than a mile or two but was looking into the R1's. Anybody like them? I loved how easy my rr was to ride, is it similar? Otherwise I was looking at the 1000rr's. Either way it will be a new bike unless I get a killer deal on something unmolested. Any pro's/cons? It would be my first liter bike. I don't dig the suzuki/kawi bikes much so i'd like to stick with honda/yamaha. Thanks guys!
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

litre bikes are way overkill for street riding and no where near as much fun imo

the new r1s arent very comfortable
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    definitely get a litre bike!!! you will find that you want even more and more.... it never stops, as for being easy to ride I think all newer sport bikes are nice and forgiving, but I am also used to riding late 70s bikes with lots of motor work done..... fast, but not so comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    litre bikes are way overkill for street riding and no where near as much fun imo

the new r1s arent very comfortable
    Depends on what kind of riding you're going to do. I'm picking up a new(used) bike soon and I'm just going with a 600 class. I've ridden litre bikes, 750s and 600s and I just think the 600 is the most daily streetable bike. You can always adjust the sprockets and add go fast parts if you want more power from a 600. A litre bike can be way too much power if all you're doing is cruising around town.

JMO
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

I'm actually starting to consider the 600rr again just because I loved my 06 so much. We'll just have to see.
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

She's Back in Action Cutlass Queen's Avatar
    How about checking online for cycle reviews on some liter bikes compared to 600's? From there you could head to the dealer and sit on a few to see if their comfortable for you or not.
    "Just Deal With It" Racing

That's a good idea. The problem I have is I know i'm comfortable on the 600rr since I had one, and i'm comfortable on most bikes, but test driving them makes a world of difference. Oh well, I will probably stick with what I know I like, and the new rr's have a paint scheme that matches my arai helmet perfectly. Orange/black/silver.
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

I would say stick with the 600rr, its the best most well rounded bike out there period. The orange/black/silver scheme is bitchin, I know two people who have them.

If I had the money I would have gotten a newer 600rr...but I picked mine up for cheap. 600's you can have a blast on and don't have to worry so much.
    -Tyler

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    sounds like you should go toward the 600...... whatever you get, have fun

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Ducati Hypermotard FTW
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

i like suzuki's new orange i also like the white and grey

2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner