Thumbs up Great day at Great Lakes Dragaway yesterday

(Posted on GLD website)

I had a great season racing this year (test n tune), made lots of passes and set new best times often. But I went one last time today! I saw the weather was crappy in the morning and I called and they said they were drying the track and trying to be open and to call back. I really wanted to run and had been looking forward to it all week since I finished my new turbo upgrade a week ago and was dying to get some timeslips. My best time on stock motor and stock turbo was 12.26 @ 108.6 MPH. I called back and they said they are planning on being open but the weather looks iffy. Well I got there and it was a fantastic day for test and tune!! I made 15 passes and I could have got a lot more in (needed to let the tranny cool down between runs though). It was like I personally rented out the place!! There were about 12 cars racing. I had plenty of time to make adjustments and I started out 12.3 @ 110 and brought it all the way down to an 11.993 @ 112.8 and finally pushed it even further to a new best 11.79 @ 114.1!!! Traction was GREAT for this type of weather conditions!! More than once I did not launch with enough boost (stall) and bogged from being too sticky. I took advantage of the great traction and launched with more boost than ever (6 PSI) and ran the blistering 11.7!! I ended up meeting or exceeding all my goals for this year.

I am really happy that GLD stayed open late and worked hard to provide a good track for us racers who run to the very end!! Most other tracks are closed and I know they would not have gone through the trouble to dry and prep the track on a cold day with potential drizzle , just for some test and tuners to do time runs. Without that I would still be stuck in the 12s!!!

Josh
    91 GMC Syclone
    Stock motor & trans, PT-51 turbo
    11.79 @ 114
    Last edited by Syclone0044; 11-16-2003 at 03:00 PM.

beeyond
    yeah saw you there.....good job on the new record.

persistance pays off!!!

BTW that day even with street tire and being FWD it hook good.. i bogged down too a few times... i was just racing for trap speed. only bested a 102.5mph@10psi.

I was dissapointed so I swapped to Vtec head and retuned the car....@6psi it feels way faster than the old 10psi setup...
    it's all about the right combination/setup and definitely TUNING..

see you around...

beeyond