Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jackstand Racing Team twirkin50's Avatar

Boating and Big Cedar Lake

Kicking around the idea of buying a boat for fishing, skiing, tubing, relaxing. Those that have boats in the area what are your thoughts? Still an enjoyable hobby even with the gas prices? How are some of the local lakes? Big Cedar, Little Cedar, Silver Lake?

Thanks!

Big Cedar

Watch out for the cops on big cedar...I got busted ( bowlsheet ticket ) and so did many others out there when I NEVER had any issues on ANY other lake I have been on...

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    On Big Cedar go north fro the lauch and hit the east shoreline, great spot for bass and northern. A lake that i reccomend is Long Lake in Dundee. Another awesome lake for walleye large and smallmouth bass and pike.

Quote Originally Posted by DynoTom View Post
    Watch out for the cops on big cedar...I got busted ( bowlsheet ticket ) and so did many others out there when I NEVER had any issues on ANY other lake I have been on...
    Is this the slow no wake thing I have heard so much about?

How are the other lakes in that area for tubing? Should I not go tubing on Big Cedar?

Cheaper for me to spend a day out on the boat than it is for me to spend a day at the race track. I love boating, I am thinking of picking up a new boat at the end of this season when they have the big sales going on. Just don't buy a Bayliner. That is the trailer park trash of boats. Get Sea Ray FTW. I have a Fourwinns that I never had a problem with since it was new. I am going to get either a new Four Winns or a Sea Ray.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

What do you guys know about Lowe boats? I was checking them out at Cabela's and they seem pretty nice. To an amatuer, they seem almost comparable to a Lund without having to pay for the name.

Breecher_7
    Ive never had a problem on big cedar. I take the 20' Lund out there all the time. Never been busted for speeding either and I tear ass across that lake at 55mph plus whenever im out there.

Need to watch out for the sandbars though, gets shallow quick.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE1108 View Post
    Deep Pockets.........

Quote Originally Posted by 4EYED View Post
    What do you guys know about Lowe boats? I was checking them out at Cabela's and they seem pretty nice. To an amatuer, they seem almost comparable to a Lund without having to pay for the name.
    Lowe is a good brand, you won't get the same build quality as a Ranger, but they are still great boats. It should last as long as you will need it.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Bottomliners lol...

What are your thoughts on this boat? Near my house so figured we would check it out.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/728145792.html

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by twirkin50 View Post
    What are your thoughts on this boat? Near my house so figured we would check it out.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/728145792.html
    Boat looks fine, dont know much about those engines though.

If its as clean as it looks in the pictures id say its a good deal.
    Last edited by Breecher_7; 06-26-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderPSI View Post
    Lowe is a good brand, you won't get the same build quality as a Ranger, but they are still great boats. It should last as long as you will need it.
    I looked long and hard at rangers but to be honest I wasnt impressed. For the combination of the fishing I do and the build quality I couldnt beat lund. They were by far the best constructed and best multipurpose of the ones I looked at.

Ranger FTMFW!!! I am partial to them because I own one. I would look into the fish and ski or the multi species boat. I have hte 618vs and its a dam nice boat. I wish I would have gone with the 619vs for the extra room and storage. If you are thinking lund get an alumacraft better build quality and just a hair less. just look at the rivits and the splash gaurds.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver03SRT View Post
    Ranger FTMFW!!! I am partial to them because I own one. I would look into the fish and ski or the multi species boat. I have hte 618vs and its a dam nice boat. I wish I would have gone with the 619vs for the extra room and storage. If you are thinking lund get an alumacraft better build quality and just a hair less. just look at the rivits and the splash gaurds.
    I disagree with you on both. The rangers are heavy pigs and overpriced. As far as the Alumacraft being better construction then a lund, your out of your mind. I literally tore boats apart in showrooms looking at how they were built. The lund by far has the best constrution of any of the aluminum hull boats.

Dont get me wrong, i dont hate rangers, there just WAY overpriced for what they are.

Anyday you want to line that ranger up with me for some friendly competition, ill be waiting.

I guess you could see to each their own. I wouldnt trade my boat for anything else. Yes they are a bit pricey but its the little things that make the boat. As far as the alumacraft to lund a friend and I both looked at them and the craftsmanship is better on an alumacraft imho. Look at the haul there is a cap between the aluminum on the lunds its flush on a alumacraft. Stuff like that catches my eye.

Let me know when you wanna run I only have a 150

Ohh I forgot to say you will spank me out of the hole because it takes a bit to get on plane but I am going to get a jack plate to solve that problem.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    big and little cedar equal the suck have fun getting on them duraing a weekend, then have fun with all the cops

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    big and little cedar equal the suck have fun getting on them duraing a weekend, then have fun with all the cops

How is Silver lake on the weekends? Any recommendations of not so crowded lakes locally?