Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ls1 work help

Ls1 work help

ok so as i've said before i blew my motor first run on the track i think about a month ago, the car has now been broken longer then it was running. I decided to do the work myself and now am stuck. I'm looking for help i'm offering money (up for discussion) i live in franklin, off hwy 100 and forest home if n e one is willing to help i'd like to see my car running before summer ends......

Thanx
    number is 414-254-2969
    Paul

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    first question... so everyone knows.

what are you trying to accomplish? just pulling the motor? tearing down to the short block to see what's wrong?

Breecher_7
    Why dont you just go drop it off by Forest....

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    Why dont you just go drop it off by Forest....
    me and forest have a history

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by TraNs_aM View Post
    me and forest have a history
    Im aware, it was a joke......

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    first question... so everyone knows.

what are you trying to accomplish? just pulling the motor? tearing down to the short block to see what's wrong?
    i have unbolted everything off the front of the block need to pull the motor and replace it since i blew a piston threw the block. just looking for someone to help me with pullin this one doing a cam rockers push rods timing chain on the new block and put it in the car i will bolt the rest of the car up myself

Breecher_7
    You pullin it out the top or unbolting the K-member and rolling the whole shit out?

Im aware, it was a joke......

You both think eachother are pieces of shit, i know the story.....
    lol funny thing is i'm getting so desperate the thought has actually crossed my mind

You pullin it out the top or unbolting the K-member and rolling the whole shit out?
    its comming out the top i woulda did threw the bottom but i dont have a lift

Do it through the bottom. You don't need a lift just some jackstands (4) and a decent jack. Did it 3 times so far like that and it works better than trying to get it through the top.

Here's some pics of when I did it a few years ago. The block just needs to be torn down to a shortblock.

Wasn't to tuff and fairly quick. Just slide it out the wheel well area then.
    Last edited by HAMRHEAD; 06-17-2008 at 08:15 PM.

So a guy who was partly responsible for wrecking a guys 383 thinks the customer is a POS? Good business.
    2007 C6 ZO6 427ci stock for now!
    2008 BMW 135i 3.0 of twin turbo goodness.(sold)
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)
    1994 Transam-640rwhp 383 procharged(parting out let me know what you need)

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    I've pulled the shortblock w/ an auto trans out through the top with the hood still on the car. not too bad. just need to attach the chain the right way

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    I've pulled the shortblock w/ an auto trans out through the top with the hood still on the car. not too bad. just need to attach the chain the right way
    ya i can't get the chain to the middle of the block so i have it at the end of the heads was thinking that would prob work

Quote Originally Posted by HAMRHEAD View Post
    Do it through the bottom. You don't need a lift just some jackstands (4) and a decent jack. Did it 3 times so far like that and it works better than trying to get it through the top.
    damn wish i woulda known that before i have a video of people doing it threw the bottom but i'm already so far and so close to do it threw the top just stuck cuz i can't get the tranny to break apart from the block

There are some tricky bolts on the top
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by HP ADDICT View Post
    So a guy who was partly responsible for wrecking a guys 383 thinks the customer is a POS? Good business.
    Get a clue before you chime in. Hearing both sides and the details helps.

Quote Originally Posted by HP ADDICT View Post
    There are some tricky bolts on the top
    was told there was one on top that u had to get from behind the motor and 3 on each side i think if i recall.......

correct 7 bolts and there are the 2 plugs on the sides that help hold it together. You can use a pry bar and help it seperate. A little on each side at a time. Also make sure the trans is supported as the weight will make it harder to separate.

Quote Originally Posted by HAMRHEAD View Post
    correct 7 bolts and there are the 2 plugs on the sides that help hold it together. You can use a pry bar and help it seperate. A little on each side at a time. Also make sure the trans is supported as the weight will make it harder to separate.
    ya my current delay is the headers in the way i unbolted them but was hoping it would pull out while they lay there and then get them later now i gotta jack the car up to unpry the trans just so frustrated with the car need someone to help motivate me to get back to wanting to work on it i always start getting stuff done and then get stuck and then no one to give me pointers

Get a clue before you chime in. Hearing both sides and the details helps.
    Have you heard both or only your bf forests?
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)