Thread: S10 problems

S10 problems

90 s10 2.8v6 tbi.

I think the injectors are shit because if you give it full throttle it pulls normal.But if you take off normal it stalls bogs out etc.Idles like crap when its cold but after it warms it idles a little better.Anything else it might be beside injectors?Havent checked timming yet but i dont think its that cuz when i rev it in N it revs fine dosent bog,sputter or anything.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    sounds to me like an ignition problem personally

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    sounds to me like an ignition problem personally
    if it was ignition wouldnt it do it all the time?(most time)What makes you think its ignition?I think its injectors cuz most injectors that are shit you either full throttle or barley any.

JW cuz im kind of lost with this car.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    when its cold maybe and damp,cold inj have a habit of running better at times due to less resistance,and usually but not always act up more hot,it is poss you could have a fuel filter clogged to, is the ses light on at all?
    if you think its fuel related try removing the line off the pressure reg and see what it does

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

i can't remember how the setup is on that motor, but the EGR got stuck on my Blazer back in the day, which caused it to run like that. just a thought?
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    EGR is easy on those. You can stick your finger up underneath and open the valve by hand. If it runs worse when you manually open the valve it's probably not the EGR valve.

I'd lean towards MAP sensor or IAC valve. MAP is about $10 and is easy to change. It's always good to have a spare anyway.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    EGR is easy on those. You can stick your finger up underneath and open the valve by hand. If it runs worse when you manually open the valve it's probably not the EGR valve.

I'd lean towards MAP sensor or IAC valve. MAP is about $10 and is easy to change. It's always good to have a spare anyway.
    yeah i was thinking map too or iac.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit