Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    everyones wrong...

...the reason for the difference in HP rating has more to do with just engine management difference, slight though it may be, b/w the auto and manual...not a big deal, but enough under WOT to make a difference.

It's true that technically they could claim whatever they want...however, they all agree amongst themselves to test under a set of conditions...whatever the current SAE XXXx method is now...and that probably now includes testing the same engine with different engine management schemes such as it'd be for auto/manual.

And yes...they don't claim there is no HP varience b/w engines or anything...many would say it's can be as much as 10-15hp b/w low and high side...

Also, many of the old "assumptions" about HP to the wheel losses are becoming less accurate as they now build for less friction, and to minimize rotating mass...while some old cars might show 20-30% loss at the wheels, newer ones may exhibit less than 10% in some cases
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 06-12-2008 at 04:53 PM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

wonder if I can order one of these while deployed...

well, i finally discoverd that the srt8 that has been around town is my own neighbor, went and looked at the car last night and all i can say is dodge did something right for the first time in many years looks like a sik car, said hes been able to run abour 150 or so on the freeway, but hasnt played with it much seeing as how hes only had it for about 4 days now
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Tatertots
    dodge city south just got 2 challengers in! , rumor is they went for 20K over sticker. I know one is Orange, not sure what the other color is. Supposidly the person who bought the orange one doesnt want it prepped, he wants it left as is with all paper work and plastic in the car. And is towing it to a storage garage? This is just what was told from my friends that work there.

I like the challenger, however its really just a 2 door charger/300. I dont think Id pay 60k for one.

Senior Member..now yer posting! madmike's Avatar
    I was at the back to the 50's car show at the fiar grounds in St, Paul this weekend with my charger, they had a 09 Challenger there and they were actually cruising snelling and Univeristy Blvd with it all weekend long! The car is awesome!
    madmike

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatertots View Post
    dodge city south just got 2 challengers in! , rumor is they went for 20K over sticker. I know one is Orange, not sure what the other color is. Supposidly the person who bought the orange one doesnt want it prepped, he wants it left as is with all paper work and plastic in the car. And is towing it to a storage garage? This is just what was told from my friends that work there.

I like the challenger, however its really just a 2 door charger/300. I dont think Id pay 60k for one.
    Too much for a 13 second car.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    there was a challenger at the gas station yesterday by me. i couldnt believe it. car looks awesome.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    ewald dodge at the end of hwy100 just sold one of theirs today. black one. sold for $20g's over sticker. Guy traded in his '99 Prowler with VERY low miles on it. I think the guy said like 900. Turned around and sold that one the same day sight unseen. Just needs to be safetied before it leaves the lot.

just got a chance to look over ours. very nice indeed. the rear of the car looks a tad bit too long. the interior looks very similar to the charger. other than those two things i thought that it looked awesome. the seats are sooooo comfy and can be adjusted to fit someone the size of shaq!!!

very nice car overall!