Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar

09 Challenger pricing released

Please let oil prices drop next year

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jun 9, 2008 - Dodge announced pricing today for the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger. The U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) will start at $21,995, which includes $675 for destination. Dodge dealers across the country are now taking orders for the 2009 Dodge Challenger, which will arrive this fall.
    "The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger gives customers a modern-day muscle machine at an incredible value," said Mike Accavitti, Director - Dodge Brand and SRT Global Marketing, Chrysler LLC. "For less than $22,000, we've brought Dodge Challenger back and loaded it with head-snapping styling and cutting-edge technology."

The Dodge Challenger is the first five-passenger two-door coupe produced from the Company's proven rear-wheel-drive platform that delivers the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300. Developed with Dodge's credo of "bold, powerful and capable," the 2009 Dodge Challenger is available in three models featuring head-turning styling, three available engine options and an automatic or manual transmission.

The 2009 Dodge Challenger has several modern amenities available including uconnect gps with navigation system and real-time traffic, uconnect phone featuring Bluetooth® technology, uconnect studios with SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Remote Start and Keyless Go push-button start. In addition, the Dodge Challenger has more than 25 safety and security features including supplemental side-curtain air bags, Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Brake Assist, Traction Control, automatic headlamps, tire pressure monitoring and Hill-Start Assist in Dodge Challengers with the six-speed manual transmission.

Three models are available in the United States: Dodge Challenger SE, Dodge Challenger R/T and Dodge Challenger SRT8®.

2009 Dodge Challenger SE
    With a U.S. MSRP of $21,995 (including $675 destination), the Dodge Challenger SE comes standard with a 3.5-liter High Output V-6 engine which produces 250 horsepower (186 kW) and 250 lb.-ft. (339 N•m) of torque. Mated with a four-speed automatic transmission, the Dodge Challenger SE achieves an estimated 18 miles per gallon (mpg) in the city and 25 mpg on the highway.

Other standard features on Dodge Challenger SE include comfortable seating for up to five adults, best-in-class cargo space (16.2 cu. ft.), 60/40 split-folding rear bench with arm rests and two cup holders, 17-inch aluminum wheels with P215/65R17 all-season tires, four-wheel disc brakes, side-curtain airbags, remote keyless entry, eight-way power driver's seat, fold-away power mirrors, power locks and windows with express-down, air conditioning, AM/FM/CD radio with MP3 capability and four speakers, cloth low-back bucket seats, manual-tilt and telescoping steering wheel, dual-covered visor vanity mirrors and tire pressure warning lamp.

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
    The U.S. MSRP for the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T is $29,995. Featuring the new-generation 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, the Dodge Challenger R/T produces an estimated 370 horsepower (276 kW) and 398 lb.-ft. (540 N•m) of torque when paired with the standard five-speed automatic transmission. The 5.7-liter HEMI engine with five-speed automatic transmission is equipped with fuel-saving multi-displacement (MDS) technology which increases fuel economy by as much as 20 percent without sacrificing performance.

Other standard features on the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T include dual chromed rectangular exhaust tips, ABS, ESP, Brake Assist with vented brakes, 18-inch machined aluminum wheels with P225/60HR18 all-season touring tires, fog lamps, body-color exterior mirrors, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, illuminated visor vanity mirrors, rear body-color spoiler and cast-metal fuel door.

The available Track Pak features the Tremec TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission with "pistol-grip" shifter for $995. When the six-speed manual transmission is paired with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8, it produces an estimated 375 horsepower (280 kW) and 404 lb.-ft. (548 N•m) of torque. The Track Pak also includes Hill-start Assist, limited-slip differential, bright pedal covers and performance steering.

Dodge Challenger SRT8
    The U.S. MSRP for the 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 is $39,995 (including $675 destination). The 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 offers an available six-speed manual transmission or standard five-speed automatic transmission mated to the SRT-exclusive 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine that produces 425 horsepower (317 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. (569 N•m) of torque. New for 2009 is a standard limited-slip differential, High Performance Red and B5 Blue (late availability) exterior paint and black hood stripes. A classic "pistol-grip" shifter is included with the available Track Pak which includes the Tremec TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission with Hill-start Assist.
    Other standard features on the 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 include a race-inspired interior featuring performance seats with a red accent stripe and added bolstering which keeps customers in place under spirited driving conditions, four-bomb gauges with tachometer and 180 mph speedometer in the center, "Performance Pages" reconfigurable display that features 0 - 60 mph, 1/4 mile, and 1/8 mile times, uconnect gps, unique SRT-tuned ESP and ABS calibrations, 20-inch fully-forged aluminum wheels, red, painted Brembo brakes, hood with functional dual hood scoops, functional black painted rear spoiler and a unique exhaust note.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    For $31K you get a 6 speed 5.7 Hemi Challenger...hmmm $2K less than a Lancer Evolution GSR!!!!
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

I want an R/T so bad next year. I'd need dealers to be realistic, and gas to stay under $3.75 a gallon though. And I'm thinking I won't see either of them happening.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjburn View Post
    For $31K you get a 6 speed 5.7 Hemi Challenger...hmmm $2K less than a Lancer Evolution GSR!!!!
    yeah, but anyone considering an evo will probably not consider the challenger no matter how much money they could save.

As for the pricing, I just hope that GM follows suit. If the camaro comes out priced right around these prices for comparable models, I think that the domestics will be back in fight. With the redesigned mustang rumored to be coming in 2010 with the new eco-boost motor, the challenger and camaro joining the team, i think and hope it will introduce a new generation of people to these cars. like you mentioned for LESS than a comparably performing import, you can get a mustang, challenger, or camaro, and as long as the aftermarket supports the mopar and chevy offerings like they have the mustang, it will sure be interesting to see how things go.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    gas prices are going to crush all of these retro cars unfortunately

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    gas prices are going to crush all of these retro cars unfortunately
    i wouldnt say that. if gm and dodge can make the cylinder shut down work in the real world, and if fords eco-boost is as good as it sounds, i think they will be just fine.

IMO not many people that would even consider any of these cars, wether it be the mustang, camaro, challenger, or even an evo or sti, would really let fuel mileage sway them.

just for fun compare what a mustang gt gets to a 6 cylinder fushion

when gas hits 7 or 8 bucks a gallon minds will change really quick

when gas hits 7 or 8 bucks a gallon minds will change really quick

i don;t think we will ever see that. and if we would i would sure look funny riding a moped

I hope we don't either but look at what prices are in europe and mexico per litre it could easily happen here too

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Wow... pretty good pricing

Just some slow stock shit! scaleracer's Avatar
    Not a bad price! It would be cool to have though!
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2
    4-0 on the street for 2010!

Damn, nice job by Dodge on this one.

Goofy factory ratings always make me wonder though -
    the Dodge Challenger R/T produces an estimated 370 horsepower (276 kW) and 398 lb.-ft. (540 N•m) of torque when paired with the standard five-speed automatic transmission.
    [...]
    When the six-speed manual transmission is paired with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8, it produces an estimated 375 horsepower (280 kW) and 404 lb.-ft. (548 N•m) of torque.
    The auto couldn't handle that extra whopping +5 HP and 6 lb-fttorque or what?? GM did the same thing with their 436HP vettes, I want to say the LS3? You can get an exhaust upgrade or something for like 6 HP over stock. Why do the factories do this stuff?
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Umm, it's cause the auto uses up more hp then a manual. They didn't change the engine power.

All engine mfgs are being required to be more truthful in their hp claims.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Umm, it's cause the auto uses up more hp then a manual. They didn't change the engine power.

yeah but those numbers they give are at the crank, so how would that change with the type of tranny hooked up to it? i could see if they were rwhp numbers but..............?

Yeah I suppose, but I'm sure they are backwards figuring that out. So that when they hit the street and people dyno them, people don't *****.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Yeah I suppose, but I'm sure they are backwards figuring that out. So that when they hit the street and people dyno them, people don't *****.
    could very well be. either that or there is some goofy law that makes autos have a touch bit less horespower. you never know i guess. maybe they tune the horsepower down to ease the stress of an auto tranny during shifting i have no idea.

so someone needs to buy one auto and one manual. rip out the motors and put them on engine dynos

could have something to do with gas guzzler taz or some epa regulation????

While I applaud efforts like GM's volunteering for the SAE engine output certification, it's still pretty goofy. I mean they "certify" the LS7 at "505 HP" but when people chassis dyno them, it doesn't seem to jive exactly. Not to mention the variances of production. I guess I don't understand exactly what they are claiming?

I think HP and TQ numbers are probably more from the Marketing dep't. than from the Engineering dep't. (for several manufacturers) They always seem too high or too low, mismatched torque to HP, rounded off to a nice even number, anything but a precise rating of the actual engine's output.

Post whore
    I want the srt8 with 6 speed soooooooooo bad.....Too bad i will have to prolly buy it used in a few years..
    Just a ten second neon

Post whore Chopper Challenge Champion Rainman Champion udlose98's Avatar
    I hope we don't either but look at what prices are in europe and mexico per litre it could easily happen here too
    European nations enforces HEAVY HEAVY taxes on their gas to maintain their outstanding public transportation, if you took away their taxes they pay less a gallon than we do.
    2007 BMW 335XI
    2005 Lotus Elise(sold)
    2003 Cobra - 12.733 @ 113.99(sold)
    1998 Turbo Camaro (sold)