Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar

BCM - MWAS Pool tourney

Well ladies and gents....its getting to be about that time where we should start planning this. My club (Midwest Autosports) is having our first club meeting this Saturday and this winter tourney is a topic on our agenda. I was wondering if I could meet with a few of you guys who might be in the planning of this so we can hash out some details.

I know we were thinking on doing this again at Romines cuz that seemed to work well with lots of room. So maybe Scotty would you be interested in maybe meeting me out for a beer or something in the next couple weeks so we can set some dates and stuff? I know there is big interest on the MWAS side to do this tourney. Lets try and get more people interested and playing!

Please don't forget that this is just for fun. We ran brackets last time in a 2 on 2 format with various playing abilities all playing together. It was a lot of fun. Even if you aren't good at pool, please come and play. The more the merrier.

Look for more details soon after I can meet with a couple of you BCM guys on this. Please post if you would like to help arrange this.

On the MWAS side I think it will be me, Madison Dave and most likely Brown Shirt Jim organizing the ricers....

Thanks guys!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

rsscoty
    Sounds good J, I will let you know when we can get together for some planning.
    Scoty

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    woo hoo

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

formerly known as Madison Dave Cleveland Dave's Avatar
    sounds like fun

Scoty----

When do you wanna talk about this tourney man? The Ricers are getting restless!!!

Me and Jim (Brown Shirt) figured on stopping out by you at Romines to chit chat about a date and stuff to hold this...

J

Scoty...where are you man? SCOTY.......lets talk about this tourney man soon....the rice side of things is ready to shoot some pool!

Romines on 27th street. Take 894 to 27th street exit. Take 27th street south for about 3 miles. Romines will be on the west side of the street...very easy to find.

Bracket style.....you play 2-man teams, best of 3....with a winners bracket and a losers bracket. Rice versus Domestics. Exact cost is determined by how many people show up to play. This is a really fun time so please try and make....Prizes will be awarded for first place.

Post you and your partner's names here.

I will keep this topic updated with new information.

J

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Did you get a hold of Scot, Jason? I saw him on friday and he's thinking some time in January but he said he hasn't had any time to do checking on a date for the tourney. Jason, I think we should go down there and shoot some pool on friday and chat with Scoty about the tourney. What do you think?

I haven't gotten down there to talk to scoty cuz its hard to line up mine, Jim's and his schedules....I did call Romine though yesterday afternoon and it looks like the 17th is a good day for this....

Just make sure that Scoty is free the 17th because if he's not the people under 18 will not be able to attend. Just to let you know that.

rsscoty
    Guy's if it is alright with you I would prefer to make it a 18 or older... nothing against the younger ones, it just puts me in the position of responsibility for them.

If we start around 11:00 or noon that would be plenty of time to finish around 6 pm. With Christmas sneaking up on us I thought that Mid-January would be a good time to hold it. If you want to try and hold it this month that would be great...just wondering with holiday parties and the like how attendance would be.

Scoty

Ehh wont be 18 till feb. 8......

afraid the partner and I will win again scoty? is that why I cant play...... defend BCM title grrr......

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

+ we lost only 1 game so it was quick tourney, and i orderd food and did nothing bad...

rsscoty
    Tony with a post like that I don't care if your are there or not.

Tony, I think if I spelled my name with one t I would do the same. I would not want to worry about my boss saying something like was said last time with you lighting on up in the bar. For Scot making sure that you dont do anything that the bar would get in trouble for would kind of be a burden on him seeing he shouldnt have to watch over someone so he doesnt get in trouble

January 17th it is then at NOON

YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO PLAY!!!! Sorry young bucks.

Something was said to scotty that i didnt kno about or ??? oh well the "young bucks" cant lasso u old people

well then good luck BCM....

rsscoty
    Sorry Tony has nothing to do with you. I just don't want to be responsible for several people undre the age of 18. If they all conducted themselves like you did I wouldn't have a problem with that. Unfortunatly we can't guarantee that to happen. And this is my job we're talking about.

Scoty

Yea Understood, Just kind of a bummer i wont be joinin the tourney!! ohh well ill be 18 sooooon enough!

Originally posted by 01camaroSS
    Yea Understood, Just kind of a bummer i wont be joinin the tourney!! ohh well ill be 18 sooooon enough!
    Tony this wont be the last Pool tournament that we will have. I am sure we will have more next spring summer fall and winter.