Thread: Mopar Rumors:

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mopar Rumors:

Just a sampling of the current rumors out there:

Rumor #1: The upcoming 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ 380hp Hemi will be rated at 23 mpg on the hwy (reg cab/2x4) by the EPA. Gains were made due to increased aerodynamics, improved tuning, expanding the window that the MDS system operates in, and losing 80lbs of it's weight.

Rumor #2: The Next generation Nissan Titan, will be a rebodied Ram Pickup. Yep, appearently Nissan will quietly stop producing full-size pick-ups, and will sell Rams in their dealerships with Dodge engines. Sourced from http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/news...ure-titan.html

Rumor #3: A 6.4 Hemi will become available to the the next generation SRT8 vehicles begining in 2009 or 2010, including an SRT-8 Ram variant. Hp has not been announced, but 480hp is reportedly the minimum number. It is said to keep MDS and variable valve timing for similar mileage to the standard Hemi.

Rumor #4: Fiat will be building cars in the US. How is this a mopar rumor? Because they'll simply slot into an already existing chrysler factory...rumored to be trenton, NJ, which would have the flexiblity to make both fiat's and mopars if desired.
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 06-04-2008 at 04:24 PM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I wonder if we will see the new Fiat 500.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    They should build the Hornet concept!
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    fiat... there's a car we need in the US during a fuel crisis! lol
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    #3 -- more weight, will still run low 13's w/ 480hp.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    dodge needs to start a rumor telling people they fixed their transmission problems. then maybe someone will actually buy the junk
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax