Senior Member..now yer posting! 73Dustr's Avatar

Looking for Firearm Insight

As many of you know, I am selling a Browning DU shotgun for a friend. I know the standard model MSRP is $979. This one is obviously much nicer than the standard Silver Hunter. My question to you is if your friend offered to sell it to you for $500, would you shoot it?

I know it's a 70th Edition DU gun, but talking to a lot of people, the DU guns really don't increase in value much more than the standard models. I have also read that some guys won't buy them because they don't want the DU stuff all over the gun. I was thinking for $500, it'd be dumb not to get it and use it for trap, goose, etc. What do you guys think?

Here's what it looks like: http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26555

You should take a pass.... so that I can buy it!

Seriously though... I'd use it if I owned it.

I would shoot it. What good would it do anybody just sitting.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPSI View Post
    I would shoot it. What good would it do anybody just sitting.
    What he said. No point in owning it if your not going to use it. Wallhanging is for guns that aren't safe.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Unless they are the high end DU guns (highly engraved, ect), they don't add any real value to the gun, so go ahead and use it, that's what they are for!!

Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    I would treat it like I treat me C+R firearms. Shoot them, but go the extra mile to take care of them.

Breecher_7
    No purpose to own it if it doesnt get fired. They were not built to ornaments.

Senior Member..now yer posting! 73Dustr's Avatar
    I agree with all of you. I have never been the type to purchase a gun to sit and collect dust. Kind of like those guys that own the sweetest rides but trailer them everywhere and never drive them. I just think I'd be really stupid to pass the deal up. In all reality, the gun should remain in great shape because it's not going through the woods or anything. Alright, I'll buy it. Thanks for the input.