Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ol' School

Clutch Install DONE!!

Well Jesse (95_GT) came over and helped me along the process. Well, pushed me would be a better word. He was the mental aspect and I was the muscle and have the welt on my melon to prove it. Rocked a sponge bob bandaid on my forehead since the clutch fell out and whacked me across the dome....OUCH!

Total wrency time was 9 hours from start to finish but that does not count getting my car up and down off stands cause that is a slow process or the 3 trips to parts store for the right damn pilot bearing tool. The install was kinda cake though. 3 1/2 hours to install everything from clutch to mid pipe and that includes fighting the tranny into its place.

Might have to get a firewall adjuster? Not sure. I know my car has a crappy stock one but not sure how it works. I'll have to research that but for now just glad to take it for a drive.....

OH MY GOSH!!! IF YOU DO A CLUTCH ON A MUSTANG GET THIS TOOL FOR THE PILOT GEAR...(slide hammer with attachment. Rented as seperate pieces)

Organized?

OUCH!!

My baby is sick

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

congrats. now did you install a line lock also?
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Did you die your hair white?

I soooo wanted to do that a few years back, this might sound GHEY but more pics (of just the hair please!)
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Ol' School
    I am going to install line lock but i didnt this time around. Just wanted to get er back on the ground. No more burnouts for now. WIFE SAID SO!! LOL

As for the hair I am 32 but I'm going gray. Look, walk, talk like my grandpa and he went gray early too

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Good to see that she's back on the road...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

I should use your bolt organizing system.I end up with spare bolts when i do trannys.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

TOTAL myspace pic lmfao just need the dueces sign lmao.

dude look like you barley fit under there **** that.I need cars 4 feet off the ground for my big ass.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Ol' School
    truthfully that picture was when I was pulling the starter. I put er up higher where I could roll completely around under there when I pulled the tranny out

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

yeah, that looks like a tight fit dude! shoulda said something, my cousin has a lift in his garage- i coulda pulled some strings for ya

Post whore
    No disrespect but did you really do the labeling of you bolts like that? I can tear a whole engine apart without doing that. AS long as it's going together in a couple days!!! It;s my job though.

Ol' School
    considering that 4 of the 6 tranny bolts are different lengths from each other? YES

Do it how you do but dont hate cause i do it my way. I am not a professional. First time every doing a tranny so I took measures to be prepared and not make a mistake to have someone say "Oh dude you should have done this" with 2 people pulling bolts all around it was smart to label them.

That pic is from working on the starter. We didnt pull the tranny at that hieght. Hell, it wouldnt even come down from the lift at that height.

We were ok

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Congrats, Im glad to see you back on the road.

Ol' School
    dude.....driving to work was sooo fun this morning. The car sat since the 12th which compared to most that aint crap but for me driving it daily after spring broke this year it was rough seeing it sit there

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    what clutch did you go with?

Ol' School
    spec stage 2 with a factory replacement flywheel

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by MoCkiN U View Post
    dude.....driving to work was sooo fun this morning. The car sat since the 12th which compared to most that aint crap but for me driving it daily after spring broke this year it was rough seeing it sit there
    What type of automobile are you relegated to when you are not driving the Mach ?

Quote Originally Posted by MoCkiN U View Post
    spec stage 2 with a factory replacement flywheel
    How do you like it?

Ol' School
    my old cavalier that people look at me funny sitting in. I get thumbs down all the time cause its a rice mobile now that I took all the stuff off it.

The spec 2 ended up being a nice upgrade. It grabs really high which I like versus down by the floor with the stock one. It grabs much quicker and harder than stock. Makes the shifts quick as hell without even trying to be faster. No chatter or noise when shifting but there is a little noise at idle im told this will go away after break in period.

Havent launched the car hard from a stop or anything yet as I am trying to make it through the break in period of 500 city miles.

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

You should get a firewall adjuster and aluminum quadrant, they are a must have on these cars.

Ol' School
    ^ i dont know much about those. what do they do just pull slack out of the cable/pedal?

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750