Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who was at RSD today?

I was there running test and tune. here's my day

Well today at Union Grove, WICGP had a little get together for a little end of the year racing. I was ready I had raced on Wednesday and wanted to try a few new things. I had race gas in already from wednesday had my Drag radials on, and all my tools. I figured if I was going to get a PB today was the day.
    I got to the track early before anyone else, pulled in and pulled the tools and cooler out and popped the hood. Then some of WICGP guys showed up I started my car and noticed that my snout had some moisture on in, or thats what I was hoping it was Went over swiped the finger to find GREEN GREASE checked and sure $hit CV boot had cracked. It wasn't off so I assumed it has cracked. So then I was pretty bummed that I couldn't race. Later in the day I said Screw it I'll make 1-3 runs and see if I can make a PB. Prepped the car and hopped in line.
    Heres my first run I would have been happy with a 12.599 all day.

R/T...657
    60... Wasn't working
    1/8...8.106
    MPH...85.69
    1/4...12.603
    MPH...109.03

So I was kinda happy with that run, 60' seemed in the high 1.9's
    let the car sit for a hour or two and then hopped back in line and waited the lovely hour-hour and a half line.

Heres the last run and PB

R/T...761
    60'...1.794 I do not know how that happened, but glad it did
    1/8...7.974
    MPH...87.31
    1/4...12.487
    MPH...108.60

The car was really running well today other than the blown CV boot. The second run I added a degree of timing up top with the ICCU and that gave me about 2 degrees of KR at the top of 2nd gear. would have been better leaving it alone I'll get new SFPH Half shafts this week and hopefully run one more time.
    I'd write who I need to thank but all of you know who you are!

JEFF

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

Congrats. on the new PB .
    I was there also with Jeff and the other GP's and got a new PB
    R/T .505 PB
    60ft. 2.017 not that good
    330 5.494
    1/8 8.372
    MPH 84.83
    1000 not working
    1/4 12.936 PB
    MPH 108.60 PB
    That was my 3rd of 4 runs.
    On the down side,my first run didn't get a slip the girl in the box didn't have it from that run.
    The 4th run get my slip with my # on it but it wasn't my run,it read 14.897 which if my car ran that slow again i'd sell it.So i go check with the guy i ran against to see what his slip said and his was correct,i ran a 13.113 that run.
    Fred Cakanic III
    1998 Grand Prix GTX Daytona500 pace car959 of 150011.584@119.17
    http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/detail...ntOwnerID=2019

Wow! Great times Jeff!!Got any vids of the runs? I would love to see a sedan pull off low 12's and shock that sh!t out of the other guy.

hopefully ill get to see some pictures or videos Never seen my car going down the track.

JEFF

2013 Denali Duramax

Holy crap! You guys are SMOKING FASt, I didnt know the supercharged Buick V6 could do it. That is awesome. Do you all have stock trannys or how long do they last before they have to be rebuilt? What about torque converters? What kinda fuel octane and boost levels are you running? That is iron heads and block right?

umm I'm running a stock tranny with a Limited-slip Diff.
    Running 100 octane
    11Psi
    Iron heads and block
    probably do a higher stall Torque converter in spring.

I'm happy to end the year with that

JEFF

2013 Denali Duramax

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    Excellent times Jeff !!

A couple TENTHS of a second, and you got the " FASTEST GTP WITH STOCK CAM" record.....
    Last edited by Brian98GTP; 10-26-2003 at 07:03 PM.
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

BLOWN GP
    I was there too. Not quite as fast as Fred or Jeff, but I got a new PB of 13.418 @ 104.01 MPH

Except having to wait around for the Trailer Queens On Parade (RSD) and having some numb nuts in a 69 Chevelle who had no business being on a cold wet track with slicks run one of our guys off the track, it was a pretty good day.

I don't mean to go off on a rant.... but I always thought that a "street car" was one with current registration and plates that you actually drove to the track. It seems to me that common sense would dictate that if conditions are such that you cannot go down the track without fishtailing all over the place, you would put the damn thing back on the trailer and stop endangering yourself and the guy next to you.

Zipping up my Nomex suit...

The guys from RSD are Street cars, they do have headlights and turn signals and I'm sure most of the guys from Chi-town are on the streets during the week racing for big dollars. Thats the way they do it. I'm glad to see these guys run. They one give me something to look forward too when I go buy another muscle car and build it up and second they are the reason STREET TIRES and other cars can grab the 60's they are looking for. I pulled my PB cause of the ability to grab onto the rubber the "trailer queens" are putting on the track. if only everyone ran slicks and not street tires. The street tires chew all the rubber up and screw the 60's.

TRAILER QUEEN LOVER HERE. I'll run behind any "slicked" car any day.

JEFF

2013 Denali Duramax

Those werent trailers....those were stretchers.

about 6 of them broke stuff that day.

Besides,I KNOW you didnt wait that long for the RSD cars....they dont run 14's,15's, 16's.ect. like the STREET Tire turds do.

I am currently trying to get the track to do a "SLICKS ONLY" day so those of us who REALLY make power dont have to start in BALD SPOTS made by the Street Tire'd "Hot Lappers" who mistake the DRAG Strip for Road America.
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

I cant wait til spring so i can run a day with all slicks going down the track I look forward to that day, hopefully it starts early in spring. Is that possible Tuff?

JEFF

2013 Denali Duramax

Oh yeah....RSD is not (really) for "Street cars"

It's street RACING.(just done at the track)

Kinda like BRACKET RACING....any car can do it.

I have seen MANY race cars that *RACE* on the street

and I ALLLLLLLWAYS see "street" cars (Turds/daily drivers/NONrace cars) that *RACE* at the track.

ANY car you *RACE* becomes a RACE car ( at least that day)
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

I am working VERY hard to make that happen....

good to hear.

JEFF

2013 Denali Duramax

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    BLOWN GP

I was there too. Not quite as fast as Fred or Jeff, but I got a new PB of 13.418 @ 104.01 MPH

Except having to wait around for the Trailer Queens On Parade (RSD) and having some numb nuts in a 69 Chevelle who had no business being on a cold wet track with slicks run one of our guys off the track, it was a pretty good day.

I don't mean to go off on a rant.... but I always thought that a "street car" was one with current registration and plates that you actually drove to the track. It seems to me that common sense would dictate that if conditions are such that you cannot go down the track without fishtailing all over the place, you would put the damn thing back on the trailer and stop endangering yourself and the guy next to you.

How can you say they have NO business at the Track??!!

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard...

Do you REALLY think that guy KNEW he was gonna lose control on the track, and then just said,... "Ahh, screw it..." ???
    Come on....

I mean dont get me wrong, I feel bad for Scott who got his car damaged while avoiding this Chevelle Driver... But, its a chance you take when you go to the track....
    They have every right to be there as you do, just like the 18 second Honda that drives through the water box.....
    They paid their admission, and signed the waiver.... They can stay.....
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

Post whore
    Originally posted by Brian98GTP
    How can you say they have NO business at the Track??!!

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard...

Do you REALLY think that guy KNEW he was gonna lose control on the track, and then just said,... "Ahh, screw it..." ???
    Come on....

I mean dont get me wrong, I feel bad for Scott who got his car damaged while avoiding this Chevelle Driver... But, its a chance you take when you go to the track....
    They have every right to be there as you do, just like the 18 second Honda that drives through the water box.....
    They paid their admission, and signed the waiver.... They can stay.....
    The point is, the guy who went into Scott's lane is an asshole. He didn't even go to see if Scott was ok or anything. He quickly put his car away and took off with out a word. People like that should never go to a track.

Originally posted by TuffEnuff

I am currently trying to get the track to do a "SLICKS ONLY" day so those of us who REALLY make power dont have to start in BALD SPOTS made by the Street Tire'd "Hot Lappers" who mistake the DRAG Strip for Road America.

Please.............Make this happen...........I'm all for it, bump the price if they need to make up for lost $$$$ and prep the hell out of the track.
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

My94r/t
    I was there with the white stealth. The one with crazy wheel-hop.
    Also the one who's car left on a flatbed.
    Oh well, dems ba breaks.

BLOWN GP
    We have to agree to disagree. No, the guy in the Chevelle didn't KNOW for certain that he was going to loose control, but he apparently didn't know much about how his tires would be affected by track conditions and failed to notice the how many other similar vehicles were having trouble keeping to a straight line.

The thing that gets me about the incident is that the guy took off. You race, you take responsibility for the **** you break. Usually it's your own, but if it's someone else's, so be it. He fucked up, then ran another guy off the track, causing what has to be thousands of dollars worth of damage to another guy's car, then wasn't man enough to own up to his responsibility.

As for the RSD guys, I don't really hate "trailer queens". Hell, I like watching them as much as anyone else. I'm just miffed because the WICGP had been planning a get-together for two months, specifically picking a late fall date with nothing on the schedule, when it should have been nothing but us "street tire turds" making T&T passes. With our plans set, RSD comes in four days before hand and screws it up by throwing together a last-minute event. We should have been waiting maybe 15 minutes between passes, not the better part of an hour each time.

BTW, our group of "street tire turds" runs 12s, 13s, and 14s, not 14s, 15s and 16s

I agree with the "slicks only day idea", and correspondingly a "no slicks" day as well. Strret tires just tear up the soft rubber laid down from slick and can't get a decent grip on actual pavement.

Post whore
    Originally posted by BLOWN GP
    We have to agree to disagree. No, the guy in the Chevelle didn't KNOW for certain that he was going to loose control, but he apparently didn't know much about how his tires would be affected by track conditions and failed to notice the how many other similar vehicles were having trouble keeping to a straight line.

The thing that gets me about the incident is that the guy took off. You race, you take responsibility for the **** you break. Usually it's your own, but if it's someone else's, so be it. He fucked up, then ran another guy off the track, causing what has to be thousands of dollars worth of damage to another guy's car, then wasn't man enough to own up to his responsibility.

As for the RSD guys, I don't really hate "trailer queens". Hell, I like watching them as much as anyone else. I'm just miffed because the WICGP had been planning a get-together for two months, specifically picking a late fall date with nothing on the schedule, when it should have been nothing but us "street tire turds" making T&T passes. With our plans set, RSD comes in four days before hand and screws it up by throwing together a last-minute event. We should have been waiting maybe 15 minutes between passes, not the better part of an hour each time.

BTW, our group of "street tire turds" runs 12s, 13s, and 14s, not 14s, 15s and 16s

I agree with the "slicks only day idea", and correspondingly a "no slicks" day as well. Strret tires just tear up the soft rubber laid down from slick and can't get a decent grip on actual pavement.
    My thought exactly. I also want to add that I got NO races in. Thast right, none. A big fat 0. $50 on race gas, $30 to get in, and many hours on getting ready (and a few hours waiting in line), plus missing a good part of my dads birthday to get 0 runs in.